GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

well old Jason Downie is still in lockup, so his alibi didn't come through, he will appear in court in april - thats when the case will be adjourned to the adelaide court

The lawyer representing the DPP said that 83 declarations (pieces of evidence which may include police and witness statements etc) had already been submitted and they were awaiting further declarations, including complete results of forensic evidence. It was agreed that Jason would re-appear on the 13th of April at 11.30 am at the Elizabeth Magistrates Court via video-link. The Magistrate asked Jason if he understood this and he replied “yes”. The Magistrate then went on to say that on 11th May 2011 (4 weeks after all declarations have been submitted), Jason would be required to answer the charges (provided all the declarations are in).

www.abconline.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/02/3127887.htm

If you copy and paste the above link in your browser, it will take you to a news video from 2/2/2011 and you will see the accused at the memorial for Chantelle and family at the rear of their house. Otherwise, if you have trouble with link, just google abc news and you should find it.

Re the video above, I think we had discussed if the picture of Jason at the shrine was him earlier. Looks like it was indeed.

No cuts to be seen on his hands. The camera is quite far away though.

Re the video above, I think we had discussed if the picture of Jason at the shrine was him earlier. Looks like it was indeed.

No cuts to be seen on his hands. The camera is quite far away though.

I still have a pic I saved from the video from a while back. Is it cool to post it now?

I guess so, no suppression on his name or image now.

I wonder what was in his tribute and if there were any clues/oddities in what he wrote or left.

We still don't know how he got there, who saw the car and how he got home.

Well here's the pic I saved.

30wph01.jpg

From what I remember it was HOT out?

that week it was
Mon - 22
Tue - 27
Wed - 25
Thur - 30
Fri - 18

at 9am it was around 20 degrees on all the days.

I am guessing that photo would have been taken on Tuesday or Wednesday? what do you think?

Using the info provided by Indizio back in thread 3 page 12, for the 13th which is the date the abc news video is giving us for these images, the temp was 14.2 definately cold enough for a jumper so cant really imagine there is anything particularly strange about that.

Using the info provided by Indizio back in thread 3 page 12, for the 13th which is the date the abc news video is giving us for these images, the temp was 14.2 definately cold enough for a jumper so cant really imagine there is anything particularly strange about that.

He only visited the shrine 5 days after?? I guess there is a lot of tributes there.... Did they remove them each day?

Okay I looked at Indizio's old post, shadow were that it was afternoon. Video was released on the 15th. The cold day was the Saturday (approximate one week after) if he went to work all week then it would make sense he was there on Saturday.

Someone also said the shrine was removed the same day as the door.

After looking further, objects were removed from the shrine on the 15th, (20 degrees) that was Monday, he was arrested Tuesday night.

^^ i can't edit my post... but just worked out that the video states that it was the 13th - which was a really cold day 16 degrees!

Has anyone got a link to the ABC video of Jason visiting the shrine? the link i clicked on only shows the video in a small box. I want to pause it and take some screen shots :)

The video of him there last year didn't show him walking up to the shrine, it just showed him standing there, placing something at the shrine.

What do you think his tribute was. Looked like something wrapped in newspaper to me?
Wonder what those people who kept crying his innocence think?
Why does he keep appearing via video link? Why is there no court appearance even in April?
I can't understand why this young guy would do this, from all accounts apparently he was a "nice guy" Would be nice to hear if anyone had anything bad to say. I had read earlier that him and his brother caused fights, anyone verify this?

Curious - there were Facebook pages, that have since been deleted or made private. Where Jason and his brother were threatening to "fix someone up good" (dont know what caused the incident, perhaps he was being bullied?) there is also the bebo account of him being bashed up by some gang. So I do think there is evidence out there to show he lived with a rough group. Some of the girls who were facebook friends of him and his brother are threatening to fight other girls at school and hating on people, no shortage of drama. Also plenty of *rumors* that he had a violent home life. To me he seems more on the victim end, than the aggressor. If he felt angry, he kept it inside.
Of course there are millions of teens in the same situation that have never murdered any-one.
But when looking for clues to see what makes him tick, this is the kind of environment you find.

What do you think his tribute was. Looked like something wrapped in newspaper to me?
Wonder what those people who kept crying his innocence think?
Why does he keep appearing via video link? Why is there no court appearance even in April?
I can't understand why this young guy would do this, from all accounts apparently he was a "nice guy" Would be nice to hear if anyone had anything bad to say. I had read earlier that him and his brother caused fights, anyone verify this?

His tribute looked like a pair of grey socks in a plastic bag. Other people have claimed that he went to the shrine with friends and left flowers. He looked alone in that video. I wonder if he went more than once. I imagined he went earlier in the week with friends? It seems odd that he didn't go to the shrine till the end of the week. Several people around the place have claimed he definitely left flowers.

His tribute looked like a pair of grey socks in a plastic bag. Other people have claimed that he went to the shrine with friends and left flowers. He looked alone in that video. I wonder if he went more than once. I imagined he went earlier in the week with friends? It seems odd that he didn't go to the shrine till the end of the week. Several people around the place have claimed he definitely left flowers.

Yes I think he must have left something there to implicate him. It can't just have been his fingerprints. I also remember hearing that he went there the next morning with Chantelle's former BF and left flowers.
There still seems to be a lot of people who feel JASON DOWNIE is innocent but I really can't see the police arresting an 18 year old who didn't do it.
People crying for Jason's innocence can you please explain how they would let a TRIPLE murderer get away with it and just arrest Jason because he happened to ahve been there earlier that day.

there were cuts on his hands and arms i personally saw them

You see, is it just a coincidence that he had cuts on him??

I just feel they must have caught the right guy.
CBayford, hi again. So thinking back, you obviously know or know of Jason, would you ever have suspected him? Has he ever seen like an agressive type to you??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back