Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #3

I think we should adopt some of the politicians from Florida in US....

Florida becomes the harshest state for sex offenders

April 5, 2014

In Arcadia, a town of 6,000 east of Sarasota, there's a facility wrapped in sky-high barbed wire, where no one can choose to get in or out. This isn't a prison, and its residents aren't serving a sentence. It's the Florida Civil Commitment Center, home to 650 men whom the state fears could molest, assault or rape again if released.

In Florida, it's legal to lock someone up indefinitely for a crime they haven't yet committed. Called civil commitment, it's similar to forcing a severely mentally ill person into treatment. But this process is reserved for those who were convicted of violent sexual offenses, completed their sentences, but then were judged to still be a risk. Over the past two decades, the practice has spread across the country and is now law in 20 states, plus Washington, D.C. and the federal government

"The people we've kept at the center are likely to have committed any number of violent, horrible, traumatic offenses against victims," explained Kristin Kanner, head of the county's Sexually Violent Predator Unit. "There is no price, if you've saved one child from being victimized by keeping someone in that program."

"We know one certain fact," declared state Rep. Matt Gaetz on the House floor. "No one has ever raped a child while sitting in state prison."

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...-becomes-theharsheststateforsexoffenders.html

I LOVE this ^^^^^^^^

I think we should adopt some of the politicians from Florida in US....

Florida becomes the harshest state for sex offenders

April 5, 2014

In Arcadia, a town of 6,000 east of Sarasota, there's a facility wrapped in sky-high barbed wire, where no one can choose to get in or out. This isn't a prison, and its residents aren't serving a sentence. It's the Florida Civil Commitment Center, home to 650 men whom the state fears could molest, assault or rape again if released.

In Florida, it's legal to lock someone up indefinitely for a crime they haven't yet committed. Called civil commitment, it's similar to forcing a severely mentally ill person into treatment. But this process is reserved for those who were convicted of violent sexual offenses, completed their sentences, but then were judged to still be a risk. Over the past two decades, the practice has spread across the country and is now law in 20 states, plus Washington, D.C. and the federal government

"The people we've kept at the center are likely to have committed any number of violent, horrible, traumatic offenses against victims," explained Kristin Kanner, head of the county's Sexually Violent Predator Unit. "There is no price, if you've saved one child from being victimized by keeping someone in that program."

"We know one certain fact," declared state Rep. Matt Gaetz on the House floor. "No one has ever raped a child while sitting in state prison."

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...-becomes-theharsheststateforsexoffenders.html
Tell me I'm not the only one wishing Adrian Bayley had been locked up in this scheme :(

The more I think about EJK the more I think he didn't assault CC physically. Just speculation and MOO but perhaps he took photos of her in the bath and had disgusting links/pictures of other children off the Internet on his computer. That would explain why he wasn't initially charged with sexual assault - because they had no physical evidence of him doing that to CC. It was only after forensics dug into the burnt camera and computer that they could lay those charges. IMO.

The more I think about EJK the more I think he didn't assault CC physically.

To me he sounds more of a voices in the head type of case than a highly organised child sex predator. I hope so anyway :twocents:

Tell me I'm not the only one wishing Adrian Bayley had been locked up in this scheme :(

The more I think about EJK the more I think he didn't assault CC physically. Just speculation and MOO but perhaps he took photos of her in the bath and had disgusting links/pictures of other children off the Internet on his computer. That would explain why he wasn't initially charged with sexual assault - because they had no physical evidence of him doing that to CC. It was only after forensics dug into the burnt camera and computer that they could lay those charges. IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but seeing as Bayley has a life sentence with minimum non-parole of 35 years, if he's still deemed high risk in 35 years he'll stay locked up. The system is already there to keep guys like him locked up, but parts of the system have failed so badly. I mean, if it had worked as intended he wouldn't have been on bail after the Geelong incident. I'm all for the kind of program running in Florida, but it sounds like it is based on identifying high risk offenders. Well what's to say it would work in Australia given that too many are released prematurely on parole that go on to reoffend? I think they should work on fixing what we have before implementing new programs which could just succumb to the same problems as existing ones. Victoria already has extended supervision orders for high risk offenders, but I know nothing about that. Locking up the obvious dangers is all good and well, but first and second time offenders are still getting off too easily.

What's the advantage of this sort of graffiti?

Man accused of abducting Childers girl faces new charges

Eden James Kane, 45, is charged with two counts of wilful damage of police property.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Chris Elder said the man allegedly kicked the glass of a rear passenger window on a police car on April 15.

Sgt Elder said he was then taken back to a police watchhouse and placed in a cell, where he allegedly defecated and used his faeces to write on the cell walls.

The incidents are alleged to have happened on the same day he faced a Bundaberg court charged with abducting a toddler from her home.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/accused-faces-new-charges/2244844/

What's the advantage of this sort of graffiti?

Man accused of abducting Childers girl faces new charges

Eden James Kane, 45, is charged with two counts of wilful damage of police property.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Chris Elder said the man allegedly kicked the glass of a rear passenger window on a police car on April 15.

Sgt Elder said he was then taken back to a police watchhouse and placed in a cell, where he allegedly defecated and used his faeces to write on the cell walls.

The incidents are alleged to have happened on the same day he faced a Bundaberg court charged with abducting a toddler from her home.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/accused-faces-new-charges/2244844/

Setting up insanity defense? Would that be similar to the US ?

I wonder how 'the little girl' is. I also wonder if her family is revelling in the spotlight still & keeping their children close. Court is looming quickly now.
A very lucky little girl to be alive me finks.

Surprised the media wasn't there. They were all over it before. JMOO

Just found a news article, EJK will appear in two separate Courts for his offences, one to be heard in Maryborough and the other one in Bundaberg.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/accused-faces-new-charges/2244844/

NEW charges have been laid against the man accused of abducting a three-year-old girl from Childers after he allegedly smashed a window on a police car and defecated in a watchhouse cell.

<modsnip>
He is due to face Bundaberg court for the other matters in early June.

So what's up with this, given EJK was due to face court a couple of weeks ago for the first offence? I've been searching the web occasionally and can't find a thing, including a rescheduled date. Odd ...

Yes, what's happening with him?

Is he too 'unwell' for court? The date has come and gone, I also can't find any mention anywhere online of his pending court case...

Anyone else know anything?

I've wondered about this case, but couldn't remember the thread. Thanks for the non-update-update lol how odd though!

:bump:

Any updates on this (alleged) ?

Pictured/Childers Abduction Accused likely to be charged with child sex offences ... It can be revealed the alleged abductor, who is unknown to the family but known to police, has previously been charged with a child sex offence, but the charges were dropped...
He allegedly told police he cared for her at his house &#8220;for a day or two&#8221; where he washed her and shampooed her hair ....
Senior investigators yesterday told The Courier-Mail the 45-year-old accused abductor was likely to be charged with further sex-related offences after investigators found a burnt computer hard drive and mobile phone at the accused man&#8217;s home on Tuesday...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=852194191463758&id=121324287884089

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back