Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's different names for the different drugs, but it's usually all called 'gear'. They say, "I'm gonna get on the gear!"

In my opinion, the Claremont Ghost Videos, the phone calls to victims, and victims families were made by the same person.
It could well be that the same person could've used a simple electronics voice changing device readily available at the time in kit form from Dick Smith, to make the female voice who rang the journalist after Julie Cutler's disappearance call. I would further suggest that the same person in all likelihood interacted online with anyone named in MSM as witnesses. In my opinion, the accused had the know how, and the knowledge to build such gadgets, the ability to look phone numbers up in the days before internet made it easy, and the knowledge of how to do it without being traced.
This, in itself, doesn't prove that he did the crimes though, and at best only proof of a being crank, if it comes to light that this theory is correct.
Had anyone been contacted by anyone using the username quoted in this article?
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...t-edwards-ng-557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7
28a3fd3f7fd42305d1188c156bdb89b2.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

When a person takes drugs and then commits a violent crime, is it taken into consideration that they were not of sound mind when committing the crime? Ice in particular makes people extremely violent. Or is the person held accountable for the crime anyway. I know the person makes the choice to take drugs but ice in particular only needs to be taken once and apparently the person is “hooked” after that. I suppose if the person made the conscious decision to take drugs knowing how it can make you commit crimes then they deserve to be treated by the law in the same way as someone committing crimes who is not taking drugs. MOO

Infrequent poster on social media, but that doesn't include CSK posting sites where he could be anonymous and would be expert at hiding his identity. Probably changing it frequently to make sure.

Female that rang newspaper after Julie Cutler disappeared was most likely the female cops wanted to speak to (male and female) leaving the staff function, IMO.

Birnie's used the male / female combination in abduction victims very effectively and I think this was noted!!

Whilst I agree, it’s a chicken and the egg scenario. Did the drugs cause the mental health issues, or did they turn to drugs to deal with the problems they already had. Or even to some extent, has their mental illness caused them to react differently on drugs to other individuals. There are plenty of high functioning drugs addicts in this world in Business, Sport, politics etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have the figures off the top of my head but it is well documented that a high percentage of people with mental health issues not caused by drug use, actually turn to drugs in the mistaken belief it allows them to better cope with their mental state.

I dont have the figures off the top of my head but it is well documented that a high percentage of people with mental health issues not caused by drug use, actually turn to drugs in the mistaken belief it allows them to better cope with their mental state.

I don’t need figures. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence from my peers in my generation to prove that is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone asked for these articles recently.
Found while reading very early WS threads .
eda46e559422533c9eac567c43872e92.jpg
aae84ee10c82f1ca8fd71d2e0b4d2c38.jpg

Apparently Hasselhoff became a different person when he drank alcohol, and his daughter filmed him to prove that to him.
There was some comment in a school book about BE and alcohol.

I'm sure we've all known people who turn into someone else when they drink. Perhaps that's why he had Hasselhoff as his avatar?

Thanks to Metic the article regarding an attempted abduction within a Claremont car park has been located - circa 1994. A male asked a young women to locate his "supposed" car keys from behind the back seat of a white Commodore. Requesting she help by reaching inside the vehicle, behind the driver's seat to locate his car keys - he then encroached behind the woman. At the same time, the woman's brother approached and the pair fled the scene.

Perhaps whilst attempting different abduction methods, the CSK had intentions of entrapping his victims underneath the back seat. That may explain how the CSK was able to control and conceal his victims.

Upon the floor is carpet and JR was known to have 50 or more fibres upon her body. At a much later date, those fibres were established to be from a VS Holden Commodore.

The image provided is that of a VE Commodore, but similar size as a VS.

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Attachments

• Car Key Incident.jpg
    Car Key Incident.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Commodore.jpg
    Commodore.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 41
This is a quote from Bond University's Dr Wayne Petherick from the ABC's Courage of our Convictions (2000) , directly regarding the Claremont Serial Killer, based off crime scene information. Quoted verbatim.

It would then be assumed that the offender has average to above-average intelligence, they are socially competent, they prefer skilled work, they're sexually competent, they have higher birth order, their father's work is stable though they had some inconsistent childhood discipline, they have a controlled mood during the crime, they may use alcohol or drugs with the crime, they usually operate according to some precipitating situational stress, so that could be a fight with a partner, loss of a job, loss of some money gambling, they generally live with a partner, they have a mobility, generally speaking a car that's kept in good condition, and they will follow the crime in the news and the media.

This is a quote from Bond University's Dr Wayne Petherick from the ABC's Courage of our Convictions (2000) , directly regarding the Claremont Serial Killer, based off crime scene information. Quoted verbatim.

It would then be assumed that the offender has average to above-average intelligence, they are socially competent, they prefer skilled work, they're sexually competent, they have higher birth order, their father's work is stable though they had some inconsistent childhood discipline, they have a controlled mood during the crime, they may use alcohol or drugs with the crime, they usually operate according to some precipitating situational stress, so that could be a fight with a partner, loss of a job, loss of some money gambling, they generally live with a partner, they have a mobility, generally speaking a car that's kept in good condition, and they will follow the crime in the news and the media.

Hi PK - OMG that is mostly spookily correct if the accused CSK committed the Claremont Killings. MOO

Thanks to Metic the article regarding an attempted abduction within a Claremont car park has been located - circa 1994. A male asked a young women to locate his "supposed" car keys from behind the back seat of a white Commodore. Requesting she help by reaching inside the vehicle, behind the driver's seat to locate his car keys - he then encroached behind the woman. At the same time, the woman's brother approached and the pair fled the scene.

Perhaps whilst attempting different abduction methods, the CSK had intentions of entrapping his victims underneath the back seat. That may explain how the CSK was able to control and conceal his victims.

Upon the floor is carpet and JR was known to have 50 or more fibres upon her body. At a much later date, those fibres were established to be from a VS Holden Commodore.

The image provided is that of a VE Commodore, but similar size as a VS.

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Hi CV - thanks for posting the picture of the VE Commodore. Yes you can definitely see how a victim could be trapped underneath the back seat. Especially in the dark it wouldn’t be noticed if the seat was raised a little because someone was underneath.He would have to have rendered his victims unconscious or tied them up in some way to prevent them from moving around. MOO

Does anyone know when the next court appearance for this?

PK,
The quote sounds like it fits the accused CSK. I'll be interested to find out if he drank or took drugs, also, if gambling was an issue. The inconsistent childhood discipline sounds a bit like his parents may have had different parenting ideas. For example, the mother suggested one rule and the father overrode or changed the rule. Though, there are two other siblings who had the same parents and they aren't in prison. JMO

There has to be something in this :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1g...+Sarah+too.pdf

The Post 25th Oct 2002

I saw Sarah too: witness backs taxi driver
The Post
Bret
Christian
A Jolimont
man has backed up the story of taxi driver Steven Ross who says he took Sarah Spiers to South Perth on
the morning before she disappeared.
David Boudville (53), of Lansdowne Street, said he had seen Ms Spiers with a man outside a flat in Mill Point Road
early in the morning she disappeared, in January 1996.
Mr Boudville owned an investment unit on the ground floor at 160 Mill Point Road, South Perth.
"I was standing around in the foyer pondering whether it was too early to knock on the door to talk abou
t rent," he
said.
"Sarah Spiers and a man came in, pressed the button for the lift and they both went upstairs.
"I'm certain it was her. I'm pretty good with faces because I do a lot of photography.
"As soon as I saw her photo in the paper I contacted t
he police and said that I'd seen her."
Taxi driver Steven Ross said he contacted police eight years ago to say he had dropped Ms Spiers near the Windsor
Hotel in South Perth early on the day before she disappeared.
In late August this year, his home in E
mbleton, owned by former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers, was raided by
Macro officers (POST August 28).
Mr Weygers' home in Richardson Avenue, Claremont, was raided and searched three weeks later.
Mr Ross said he had contacted police in 1996 because Ms Sp
iers (18) had got into his taxi outside Club Bay View in
Claremont.
He had thought it was the night she disappeared, but later discovered it was the night before.
But he said he still believed the man who rode in his cab with her might know something
about the crime.
Mr Ross said the man appeared to be hanging around outside Club Bay View waiting for a woman to catch a cab
alone.
When Ms Spiers got into the cab, the man got in beside her. It was clear they did not know each other.
Then a young woman
who had been drinking got in the front and asked to go to Dalkeith. The man had originally
said he wanted to go to a nightclub in the city.
Mr Ross said he dropped the woman in Dalkeith then headed for Mounts Bay Road.
Sarah and the man were chatting, a
nd by the time they reached the University of WA the man had decided to go
to South Perth, where Ms Spiers was heading.
When the cab reached the Windsor Hotel, in Mill Point Road, the cab stopped. The man pushed Sarah out of the
cab, paid the fare and got
out with her.

Mr Boudville said the flats were 200m to 300m from the Windsor.
"Sarah seemed pretty relaxed," he said.
"She had her hair up and was dressed in a blouse and dress shorts.
"The man was tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black
hair, with small curls at the back.
"I didn't get a good look at his face.
"As soon as I saw her picture it hit me that it was the same girl.
"I reported it straight away to the police, but nothing happened.
"I wondered why I would see her in South
Perth if she disappeared from Claremont. It was not until much later
that I found out she lived in South Perth.
"I didn't think she looked dressed for a nightclub, but she might have got changed and gone to breakfast when I
saw them coming back.
"I let i
t ride all those years until I read in the POST last week about the taxi driver."

I'm having problems pasting information. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Apparently Hasselhoff became a different person when he drank alcohol, and his daughter filmed him to prove that to him.
There was some comment in a school book about BE and alcohol.

I'm sure we've all known people who turn into someone else when they drink. Perhaps that's why he had Hasselhoff as his avatar?

Also I remember reading a Kewdale Little Athletics newsletter mentioning about BRE getting a joke award for getting hammered at a wedding and showing up the next day worse for wear (not 100% on the details... bad memory). Assuming BRE is CSK, I imagine he would have struggled to control his drinking on many occasions lest he give out too much condemning information or let his "other side" come out. Unless he was cocky enough to consider himself a master of compartmentalisation and didn't fear slipping up while under the influence.

If anyone could track it down that would be great.

Also I remember reading a Kewdale Little Athletics newsletter mentioning about BRE getting a joke award for getting hammered at a wedding and showing up the next day worse for wear (not 100% on the details... bad memory). Assuming BRE is CSK, I imagine he would have struggled to control his drinking on many occasions lest he give out too much condemning information or let his "other side" come out. Unless he was cocky enough to consider himself a master of compartmentalisation and didn't fear slipping up while under the influence.

If anyone could track it down that would be great.

Hi Milamber182 - BRE won the Soft Crocs Award for being very drunk

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch, one croc member was attending a wedding in the country on the Saturday of our home game, however got so smashed through copious amounts of re-hydration fluid he suffered from short term alcohol memory loss for a time after, his guardian angel and better half Catherine advises that upon becoming heavily intoxicated decided to repeat the word “Congratulations” many many times during the evening, then power spewing on more than one occasion in the paddock, bystanders were amazed that he was able to make it through the piles of chunder he’d left on the ground to the car, where he then proceeded to head butt his car tyres for a period, so much so that Catherine had to place a beanie on his head to make sure he didn’t injure himself.
A well deserved nomination for Bradley “Shorts” Edwards.

There has to be something in this :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1g...+Sarah+too.pdf

The Post 25th Oct 2002

I saw Sarah too: witness backs taxi driver
The Post
Bret
Christian
A Jolimont
man has backed up the story of taxi driver Steven Ross who says he took Sarah Spiers to South Perth on
the morning before she disappeared.
David Boudville (53), of Lansdowne Street, said he had seen Ms Spiers with a man outside a flat in Mill Point Road
early in the morning she disappeared, in January 1996.
Mr Boudville owned an investment unit on the ground floor at 160 Mill Point Road, South Perth.
"I was standing around in the foyer pondering whether it was too early to knock on the door to talk abou
t rent," he
said.
"Sarah Spiers and a man came in, pressed the button for the lift and they both went upstairs.
"I'm certain it was her. I'm pretty good with faces because I do a lot of photography.
"As soon as I saw her photo in the paper I contacted t
he police and said that I'd seen her."
Taxi driver Steven Ross said he contacted police eight years ago to say he had dropped Ms Spiers near the Windsor
Hotel in South Perth early on the day before she disappeared.
In late August this year, his home in E
mbleton, owned by former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers, was raided by
Macro officers (POST August 28).
Mr Weygers' home in Richardson Avenue, Claremont, was raided and searched three weeks later.
Mr Ross said he had contacted police in 1996 because Ms Sp
iers (18) had got into his taxi outside Club Bay View in
Claremont.
He had thought it was the night she disappeared, but later discovered it was the night before.
But he said he still believed the man who rode in his cab with her might know something
about the crime.
Mr Ross said the man appeared to be hanging around outside Club Bay View waiting for a woman to catch a cab
alone.
When Ms Spiers got into the cab, the man got in beside her. It was clear they did not know each other.
Then a young woman
who had been drinking got in the front and asked to go to Dalkeith. The man had originally
said he wanted to go to a nightclub in the city.
Mr Ross said he dropped the woman in Dalkeith then headed for Mounts Bay Road.
Sarah and the man were chatting, a
nd by the time they reached the University of WA the man had decided to go
to South Perth, where Ms Spiers was heading.
When the cab reached the Windsor Hotel, in Mill Point Road, the cab stopped. The man pushed Sarah out of the
cab, paid the fare and got
out with her.

Mr Boudville said the flats were 200m to 300m from the Windsor.
"Sarah seemed pretty relaxed," he said.
"She had her hair up and was dressed in a blouse and dress shorts.
"The man was tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black
hair, with small curls at the back.
"I didn't get a good look at his face.
"As soon as I saw her picture it hit me that it was the same girl.
"I reported it straight away to the police, but nothing happened.
"I wondered why I would see her in South
Perth if she disappeared from Claremont. It was not until much later
that I found out she lived in South Perth.
"I didn't think she looked dressed for a nightclub, but she might have got changed and gone to breakfast when I
saw them coming back.
"I let i
t ride all those years until I read in the POST last week about the taxi driver."

Re: above article - I have never been able to find out anything about the outcome of what David Boudville reported to police. It has never been mentioned again. I hope there was some information in the report to help police find SS killer. Now that there is an accused CSK in jail awaiting trial for murders of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon perhaps David Boudville could ID him as the man who was with Sarah. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125