Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read that about 10 times in the past weeks and its given me anxiety every time. Interesting the reference to evidence termed as "lost" but for every answer I have ten more questions now. Helpful to see the transcripts instead to see if it translates as confused a situation as it appeared in the judgement to be to me. Big job at hand when the time finally arrives in this case.

Hate to say it... but mine did :-(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just awful news - rings alarm bells!

Parents live in Mosman Park - she could very well be an an Iona girl also.

EDIT - it has been confirmed she attended Iona - class of 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt it sad that when something like this happens it makes the hairs on the back of the neck stand up.... very awful news.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep.
Once worked at OBH, and at BWC too.
Hope she turns up.
28e8dc88ac8ad3fee470468efbf205b1.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Hopefully she will turn up. But after 60 hours & she has her own place it is not looking good. Quite likely it is seriously bad. Are there 2 serial killers in Perth? On a side note, was BRE set up by a mate? Probably not. But the kimono has BRE seriously stuffed.

As Jenni lived in Claremont and has worked at the Ocean Beach Hotel no doubt she would have gone to the OBH quite a bit. Has she met someone there a few times. Then thought hey he is ok. Hopefully I am not jumping the gun a bit on this. She hasn't gone to work. Police will track her phone by now.

My First post here so apologies if I haven't kept to protocol. This case has had me intrigued for the better part of 20 years and my interest grew when my friends Sister went missing and was initially thought to have been a victim of CSK. It has since been deemed that she was not and she still remains missing. I hope that this latest missing woman is found safe and sound. The resemblance to the CSK victims is uncanny.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/f...one-missing-in-claremont-20180213-h0w20x.html

Appears to be resemblance to other girls. But BRE couldn't be picky. Early days as yet. Fingers crossed eh?

Jenni Oliver has been found , so what school she went to , who she may or may not have resembled , and where she has previously worked is irrelevant , why do people keep looking for things that are not there

Jenni Oliver has been found , so what school she went to , who she may or may not have resembled , and where she has previously worked is irrelevant , why do people keep looking for things that are not there

Because sometimes they are there El Gordo!

I am looking to make a freedom of information request in regards to a crime from the early 90's, investigators and forensics were involved. I need some general advice from somebody who is experienced with the process and the FOIA, so that I can make the best attempt possible.

I have visited police on three occasions, once in 2016 and twice in 2017. Firstly in Fremantle and twice in Northbridge. They stonewalled me. Only on the third attempt did they attempt to search their database. They found nothing, but informed me the information would still be available in hard copy archives, but that I would have to request the information through a FOI request.

I have spent hundreds of hours searching newspaper microfilms searching for similar offenders, and getting supplementary information for a list I compiled from MAKO. I have narrowed it down to three offenders with similar MO's.

The primary victim of the crime re-contacted police in Claremont in the late 90's when an information appeal tent was set up for info on the Claremont Serial Killer. The police never contacted her at any point after the initial reporting of the crime and forensics, nor after she re reported it in Claremont.

The crime was a violent home intrusion and sexual assault. I was a witness. The perp planned and knew the targets schedule - he entered the house ahead of time, he came prepared and left on foot with his toolbox. There is no doubt he was a serial offender with experience. There are distinct features to the attack that make his MO easily identifiable, if police took a closer look at cases of the three offenders I have identified, they could possibly identify which was responsible. One of these POI's is a free man in Tuart Hill under a strict supervision order.

I may not be listed as a witness / victim in the case files, although I am quite certain I am. Rather than dredging up the past and asking the primary victim to relive the events and fill out the FOI request, I would like to do it myself, but if that is unlikely to yield results, I will involve the primary victim. If I have to involve a lawyer I will.

There are two distinct MO similarities to the failed 1988 Huntingdale attack by Bradley Robert Edwards that I will not disclose here. However, it occurred about 15 minutes drive from Huntingdale, a few years later, with similar victimology. While he is not my primary person of interest, I thought police would at least be interested in hearing about a potential CSK pre-murder phase crime. Turns out they have no interest, and were completely unwilling to pass the information on to anybody, let alone the Macro taskforce.

I am skeptical of the information I will receive in the FOI request. I have an acquaintance who worked at the POST and can have the story published, but this is likely to anger WAPOL. It is quite the dilemma.

I have decided to firstly try reach out here and reddit, and see if anybody has any experience with FOI requests, works for the Western Australia Police, or has any influence with WAPOL.

If you made it to the end, thanks for your time. If you can help, inbox me.

I would like to wish you all the best with your quest but to avoid disappointment in the future find out exactly what YOU are allowed to see under freedom of information

You may go to a lot of trouble to finish up with a lot of blacked out pages , as in you will only see where you yourself are mentioned , if the victim was willing to apply for the information you would get a lot more that would be of use, but I realise this could be traumatic

Things may have changed but in the past protecting departments was the first priority , especially if mistakes were made , there are a few places that offer a small amount of free legal advice it may be worth speaking to someone , I would think a lawyer would know how to word a request to get the most information

I have in the past requested info under FOIA and know what you can expect , [ Not from the police ] , and its a frustrating experience , pages of black ink that were not worth printing at first ... but I realised it was being done to deter me so I kept at it until I got what I wanted

Once again good luck , but to save yourself some heartache try and find out first what you can see if successful

You cannot FoI that kind of thing. Exempt I think. For obvious reasons. Otherwise crooks could see how the investigation is progressing or study techniques. You might get a copy of your own statement.

As Jenni lived in Claremont and has worked at the Ocean Beach Hotel no doubt she would have gone to the OBH quite a bit. Has she met someone there a few times. Then thought hey he is ok. Hopefully I am not jumping the gun a bit on this. She hasn't gone to work. Police will track her phone by now.

Do you think the kimono DNA could be innocently explained away? Like BRE picked it up on his way home from somewhere to see what it was!! Moo

Do you think the kimono DNA could be innocently explained away? Like BRE picked it up on his way home from somewhere to see what it was!! Moo

That would be my explanation. Or I “used it” and threw it away. Will be interested to see where it actually came from. There has always been the belief it was stolen from a clothes line but I wonder whether it was actually owned by a family member of the accused, who reported it stolen and this is how he came to their attention when they revisited it.

That would be my explanation. Or I “used it” and threw it away. Will be interested to see where it actually came from. There has always been the belief it was stolen from a clothes line but I wonder whether it was actually owned by a family member of the accused, who reported it stolen and this is how he came to their attention when they revisited it.

I hope there is more DNA and not just on the kimono. Something that cannot be explained away.

Theres nothing wrong with it, and if most people were like me it didn't take long for the thoughts to pop in to our heads of the similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member