Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be able to work some squirrells into a theory somewhere ... :crazy:

Accomplice or no accomplice.

David Birnie needed an accomplice for his MO, out and about in broad daylight and luring victims to his home.

Peter Sutcliffe the Yorkshire ripper preyed on prostitutes or women he thought were prostitutes walking at night and left for dead in the streets so no need for a disposal assistant.

The CSK could cross over between the 2 methods.

Heres a novel idea , people go on about trophy boxes , disposal sites having significance , the master mind criminal that planned everything

What if the disposal site is the trophy box and a bit of long term planning went for when the offender was eventually caught ... the nearness to Casuarina may be relevant ... meaning Woolcoot Road

I don't believe a word of this but it maybe worth a thought
The sites themselves being a constant Aide-mémoire is in a way a trophy in itself, yes.
I doubt though that the CSK was planning on going to Casuarina. Besides, the prison is to far away from the dump site.
I'll indulge a rehash of what's been discussed in earlier threads about this though.
Telephone Lane is a popular site for 4wd enthusiasts. It was brought up in previous threads that the accused might of frequented this popular 4wd track. https://youtu.be/Igr6LKNrd8I
Also brought up previously, was the proximity of the La Bergerie feedlots and whether the accused had any association with the Wellard Ltd's feedlots.
http://www.farmweekly.com.au/news/a...s/wellard-boss-offloads-property/2755454.aspx
https://youtu.be/ciPoD-8eZ6U The video makes one wonder how animal rights activists could get onto the property. There's a night time video by activists also on you tube.

Maybe he was familiar with the area where Jane Rimmer was found for some other reason than it being a route between Huntingdale and Mandurah for crabbing?

Probably only find out in court if there is any connection to the area and the accused.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Good question about police ignoring a Telstra vehicle or someone with no criminal record who worked for Telstra! I've never really thought about that before but KrissyJ now that you mention it I'm thinking back to that time, 1996/97 and Telstra was right up there with people who had some authority, government employees, could be trusted, HAD to have been screened to get the job, right? Hmmm... and remember too, there is video footage from that secret camera they installed during the CSK surveillance period, after Ciara was taken I think (help me out here sleuthers who know about this please), where they took all the licence plates of cars for hours. Could they just have initially ignored a Telstra vehicle going up and down Stirling Highway, or, as you say, ducking down under the subway? Sure they've been all over that footage for the past 15 years or so since!

Perhaps the Telstra vehicle was in the footage of number plates police had and it was not followed up BECAUSE it was Telstra and it’s one of the things that the “mistakes were made” refers to in the press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Has a dark 5 o'clock shadow here so would think would be quick to become "be-whiskered"?

Wish some of those blokes from the footy team would get on here ... would love to hear some of their stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Has a dark 5 o'clock shadow here so would think would be quick to become "be-whiskered"?
The accused looks a bit Mediterranean, doesn't he?
Maybe his mum's of Italian descendant?
Changing subject back to this question of probability of an accomplice in some crimes...
Can someone reply with the police sketches of the perpetrators in the alleged Subiaco abduction / Shelton Park rape again?
And while we're at it, was there descriptions of the driver and passenger in the alleged Claremont subway attempted abduction in the media?

The sites themselves being a constant Aide-mémoire is in a way a trophy in itself, yes.
I doubt though that the CSK was planning on going to Casuarina. Besides, the prison is to far away from the dump site.
I'll indulge a rehash of what's been discussed in earlier threads about this though.
Telephone Lane is a popular site for 4wd enthusiasts. It was brought up in previous threads that the accused might of frequented this popular 4wd track. https://youtu.be/Igr6LKNrd8I
Also brought up previously, was the proximity of the La Bergerie feedlots and whether the accused had any association with the Wellard Ltd's feedlots.
http://www.farmweekly.com.au/news/a...s/wellard-boss-offloads-property/2755454.aspx
https://youtu.be/ciPoD-8eZ6U The video makes one wonder how animal rights activists could get onto the property. There's a night time video by activists also on you tube.

Maybe he was familiar with the area where Jane Rimmer was found for some other reason than it being a route between Huntingdale and Mandurah for crabbing?

Probably only find out in court if there is any connection to the area and the accused.

Thank you for this , I was only really thinking out loud , sometimes it pays to write things down and I can see how stupid they look later
I honestly do not know how close Casuarina is to the site , on a map it looks near by ... I'm actually one of those that believes it is all random , I was trying a different way of thinking because things seem to be going nowhere

I always appreciate your posts and information by the way , you explain things very well

I drive down Thomas Rd to go to work, and every day i pass a side road called Spears Dr in Oakford. Although it is a Dr it looks like a side road complete with open ditches similar to JR site. I often wonder what this looked like 20 years ago., and if he connected her surname to this street even though it's spelt differently (if he had asubconscious drawing to familiar areas based on a quirk of name)

From P Davos link

"By hiding the body parts in planters and giving them to people, Arntfield says the perpetrator “choose a level of brazenness and fantasy that I’ve not really seen in a long time and is very, very rare.”
Most serial killers begin their carnage at a much younger age which means, says Arntfield, this “could be the longest run of a serial killer on record; not only in Canada but anywhere.”
“I’d suggest police need to look back at least 35 years,” he says."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ce-mcarthur-hid-in-plain-sight-for-years.html

Unfortunately, if the perp had a disturbed manic mind at the time of the crime, any of this is possible. Expect randomness.

The body of the second victim Jane Rimmer, 23, was found in scrub 35km south of Perth on August 3. The third victim Ciara Glennon, 27, was found Friday hidden in scrub 50km to the north.

Dr. Ananth Pullela, a forensic psychiatrist working for the health department and justice ministry, said the killer was deliberately spacing the bodies to avoid detection.

“We found one south of Perth, this time in the north; I’m suggesting we should carefully be looking at bushland east of Perth,” Dr. Pullela told ABC radio. “They (criminals) try to dispose of the bodies in different directions mainly to avoid detection.

Dr. Pullela said the killer was trying to leave no clues to the location where the murders occurred. “I think he was trying to disguise the crime scene,” he said.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.true-crime/Mz6NxHT2reg

I drive down Thomas Rd to go to work, and every day i pass a side road called Spears Dr in Oakford. Although it is a Dr it looks like a side road complete with open ditches similar to JR site. I often wonder what this looked like 20 years ago., and if he connected her surname to this street even though it's spelt differently (if he had asubconscious drawing to familiar areas based on a quirk of name)

The accused looks a bit Mediterranean, doesn't he?
Maybe his mum's of Italian descendant?
Changing subject back to this question of probability of an accomplice in some crimes...
Can someone reply with the police sketches of the perpetrators in the alleged Subiaco abduction / Shelton Park rape again?
And while we're at it, was there descriptions of the driver and passenger in the alleged Claremont subway attempted abduction in the media?

Agree Petedavo, definitely looks like he might have Italian kin. And that he likes his tucker too maybe lots of spag bog (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Usually some sort of connection, cops say the sites were planned prior but whether that involved geo coordinates or he marked an X on his UBD in red pen no idea but pretty sure killers like to remember exactly where they've left or buried their victims and trophies.

Thanks Bunnie for that thought. This is why this site is so interesting when we all share our thoughts, no matter how "out there" they seem. Joining dots...sometimes, like the kids dot to dot books, the connections don't even look like the thing they are supposed to, but sometimes, just sometimes, there's a ZING (or is that Zen?) moment and we hit on something!

Unfortunately, if the perp had a disturbed manic mind at the time of the crime, any of this is possible. Expect randomness.

Dr. Pullela said the lack of care in disposing of the two bodies so that they would not be found challenged the police profile of the killer.

Police have described the principal behind the three murders as a controlled man who had carefully planned the abductions and murderers.

“If he’s so meticulous in disposing of the bodies, why hasn’t hetaken more precautions by disposing of the bodies in a much better way,” Dr. Pullela said.

“I’m actually targeting a disturbed psychological state. Is this man disturbed at this point of time, not realising that by leaving the bodies metres away from a very busy road they could be detected?”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ler-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-2/page7

From P Davos link

"By hiding the body parts in planters and giving them to people, Arntfield says the perpetrator “choose a level of brazenness and fantasy that I’ve not really seen in a long time and is very, very rare.”
Most serial killers begin their carnage at a much younger age which means, says Arntfield, this “could be the longest run of a serial killer on record; not only in Canada but anywhere.”
“I’d suggest police need to look back at least 35 years,” he says."

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ce-mcarthur-hid-in-plain-sight-for-years.html

seems an appropriate time to ask whether anyone with local knowledge is aware of the year these HUGE planters were positioned in the Continental Hotel's bottleshop drive through?
were they present during the 1990's?

and also, what was the purpose of that little white door on the hotel's convex rear corner?
where did it lead to?
who would have had access?

no shortage of graffiti on the upper storey
56a7ce95e1240d0c722087bfa7f217c2.jpg

screenshot, google earth street view
[emoji887]

seems an appropriate time to ask whether anyone with local knowledge is aware of the year these HUGE planters were positioned in the Continental Hotel's bottleshop drive through?

and also, what was the purpose of that little white door on the hotel's convex rear corner?
where did it lead to?

cache.php

[emoji887]
Looks like there may have been/ or is a doorway behind the middle planter which may lead or may have lead to the back area of the Conti where the ice machine and stairwells are.

It was the path taken to Madora bay at the time from the home residence.

As for Ciara, heading north on Wanneroo road, it is only a 1 km off the Wanneroo road. He probably needed to place it there to avoid detection in an attempt to confuse police.

Thanks Brevette, great pic but wow ... it looks quite run down.

First impression was someone had been killed in the driveway of the bottle shop and nobody's bothered to clean it up. Graffiti all over the walls above the single storey attached.

Must be an access door of some sort, do you mean the door behind the green planter?

Edit: Sorry Spin I didnt see your post before I hit 'enter'.

where did it lead to?

cache.php

[emoji887]

Accomplice or no accomplice.

David Birnie needed an accomplice for his MO, out and about in broad daylight and luring victims to his home.

Peter Sutcliffe the Yorkshire ripper preyed on prostitutes or women he thought were prostitutes walking at night and left for dead in the streets so no need for a disposal assistant.

The CSK could cross over between the 2 methods.
With regard to a serial killer having an accomplice. David Birnie and his wife Catherine’s murder spree occurred between 6 October and 11 November 1986. Sadly their victims were: Mary Neilson, Susannah Candy, Noelene Patterson and Denise Brown (fortunately Kate Moir survived). http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/catherine-and-david-birnie-claimed-first-victim-30-years-ago/news-story/c2701f916c53d333d32699ea065e0719

Prior to the Birnie’s murder spree, earlier that year, there were three abductions/ murders in Perth. The ladies were:

Sharon Fulton, aged 39, 18 March 1986
-
perthnow
CherylRenwick, aged 33,25/26 May 1986 - thewest
BarbaraWeston, aged 38,26 June 1986 - smh.com

If David was to be responsible, Catherine may not have been privy at all. The Birnies also lived in the southern suburbs of Perth.

where did it lead to?

56a7ce95e1240d0c722087bfa7f217c2.jpg

[emoji887]

Looks like there may have been/ or is a doorway behind the middle planter which may lead or may have lead to the back area of the Conti where the ice machine and stairwells are.

yes, i see what you allude to there, spinnaker.
looks to me, as if an old window, or door, has been bricked up and rendered.
(apologies, for quoting self... done for easier comparison of the first pic against the cropped highlighted pic

...and panditt, i was actually referring to the "little white[emoji777]door" on the convex corner ... looks like the sort of concealed type door one might expect to be an entrance to a secret club requiring a special password ... jmo [emoji6]
30a859cd675cca25f61998d9ff592beb.jpg

[emoji887]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members