Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone measured the distance from the drive in to grayland rd / alfred rd ?
3f6dc13eda7c6e3b2a74dbbd14d6ac35.jpg

There's very little photos of lw & remember at one stage a year ago request for a photo by sleuthers on here . These are 3 times photographed because I couldn't transfer on my gadget . so if anyone can take a better direct shot it be better than these are in a clip from media #page 4 documentary why hasn't that been seen on here ? Ten seconds of lw definitely a must see [emoji165]

layout app for photos

I've seen vision of PW, LW & MM walking. I would estimate that they were all over 6ft. MOO.
PW is definitely tall and has been described as so. MM looks tall 178cm - 188cm range maybe. Unsure on LW though. Would need to see something where he can be compared to another person or object.

PW is definitely tall and has been described as so. MM looks tall 178cm - 188cm range maybe. Unsure on LW though. Would need to see something where he can be compared to another person or object.

In Perth, "stocky" means shorter than usual build solidly build.

The only stocky POI that comes to mind is our MAP.

How does everyone know LW is tall? I met him a number of times and he didn't strike me as tall? He was carrying a lot more weight than all the pictures I have seen. Longer hair too.

How does everyone know LW is tall? I met him a number of times and he didn't strike me as tall? He was carrying a lot more weight than all the pictures I have seen. Longer hair too.

Is LW your preferred suspect?

The girl was so drunk that she was passed out . she saw his car , she saw him but she didn't report to police because she DIDN'T know what he looked like . The chances are for potential misjudgment , but still theres clues in those words , but remember this attacker may not be csk . But could be one of our many pois . How far was this attack covering ? Miles / kms

layout app for photos

Is LW your preferred suspect?

<modsnip>

Right now, he is my preferred suspect and for good reason. Whilst I can't say he wasn't tall, I did meet him a number of times and he fits the description of Lakeway Man. The pictures everyone has seen is 15 years after the fact when he was skinnier and with a lot less hair. There's a lot of people who want to shut down any LW discussion at any cost. But based on what? Most of these same people want to discuss alternate suspects who would also be ruled out by DNA. Let's just say I'm sceptical about people's claims he is tall. Not one of those people have offered up their reasoning let alone any evidence.

LW has a history of stalking women. The Lakeway victim was probably watched/stalked as she came out of the pub. She was also stalked after she escaped.
LW is a local man who went to school across the road from Lakeway so would have had knowledge of the area.
Lakeway Man was described as having whiskers and stocky. From meeting him a number of times around this time this fits his description IMO.

As I said, it well could be an entirely different person off our radar. But to rule out LW with claims he is tall with no real evidence of that.......

The girl was so drunk that she was passed out . she saw his car , she saw him but she didn't report to police because she DIDN'T know what he looked like . The chances are for potential misjudgment , but still theres clues in those words , but remember this attacker may not be csk . But could be one of our many pois . How far was this attack covering ? Miles / kms

layout app for photos

It's about 4.5km from The Cott Hotel to Lakeway Drive-in. I assume Marine Pde, North St, Servetus, Narla.

It's possible it was a once off opportunist who happened to see the drunk girl put into the car so took advantage. But he knew where to take her and then stalked her after she escaped. This suggests Lakeway Man is a predator.

But let's just assume he's a once off opportunist. How did he know to take her there? I'm not everyone but I grew up locally, knew it was there but had never been there. I also knew it was abandoned but wouldn't have really known there was access to privacy. If it were an opportunist he would have had to have been familiar.

Now let's assume he was a predator. Just like CSK victims he could have done recon in the weeks or months prior identifying places. He could have even been from out of area. But the percentages say he's a local man with local knowledge.

It's about 4.5km from The Cott Hotel to Lakeway Drive-in. I assume Marine Pde, North St, Servetus, Narla.

It's possible it was a once off opportunist who happened to see the drunk girl put into the car so took advantage. But he knew where to take her and then stalked her after she escaped. This suggests Lakeway Man is a predator.

But let's just assume he's a once off opportunist. How did he know to take her there? I'm not everyone but I grew up locally, knew it was there but had never been there. I also knew it was abandoned but wouldn't have really known there was access to privacy. If it were an opportunist he would have had to have been familiar.

Now let's assume he was a predator. Just like CSK victims he could have done recon in the weeks or months prior identifying places. He could have even been from out of area. But the percentages say he's a local man with local knowledge.
Thank you bart , and from drive- in to cnr graylands rd / alfred rd ? Can we then add that on for the really harrowing section of the girls nightmare escape . This part maybe interesting as to see how determined the perp was

layout app for photos

Roughly 1.4km. I don't know where the entrance to the drive-ins were or if in fact this is exactly where he took her. In the early 80s I did once go down to the cul de sac in Myers St and there was a wire fence that was the border of the drive-ins.

After that the victim walked either Graylands or Davies Rd into Claremont, hiding every time a car drove past. He may have still been stalking her. Very brazen and very risky. From memory the car was described as maybe a hatchback.

I think we have to rule out Judoman. I doubt the victim would be able to escape a guy (twice) with his skill set.

Bart the girl was headed for her house , would have gone along alfred rd ? Yes I see your point about judo poi . Google maps now the drive in doesn't exist and its now houses but still is adjacent to golf course if anyone is looking to find it
Latest News says man charged murder . residence Claremont stabbed man 1989 , the m.o non csk but a possible deviant possibly . Le are probably way ahead of ws with the cold cases & local crims
layout app for photos

Bart the girl was headed for her house
Apparently she lived on the south side of Stirling Hwy. Possibly Claremont or Nedlands but unsure.

Normally I would cut through Creswell Park and Scotch playing fields and onto the end of Stirling Rd but given there's a guy stalking me I would have gone Davies Rd or Graylands Rd. Probably Graylands Rd to give it one extra street of separation. Graylands Rd ends up at The Showgrounds Subway which is adjacent to Rowe Park.

Here's a map of where Lakeway Drive-in and Swanbourne High School used to be. Swanbourne Primary School is now on old high school site but back then it was between Devon Rd and Derby St (at the end of Wood St).

Lakeway Drive-in Map.png

Attachments

• Lakeway Drive-in Map.jpg
    Lakeway Drive-in Map.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 20
I've put a lot of time into researching the convicted rapist Steven Ainsworth as his rapes in Adelaide were almost identical to rapes/assaults in Claremont before and after the known CSK victims. He is currently serving a sentence here in Adelaide for rapes he committed in the mid to late 80's, he moved to Perth in 1994 and worked as a carpenter. he moved back to Adelaide in 1998 and then back to Perth in 2000, He ended up being linked by DNA to the 1980's rapes and extradited back to Adelaide. While it is possible he is the CSK it is probably unlikely BUT, I'd bet my right testicle the man is responsible for a portion of the attacks in and around Claremont from 1994 -1998 there are just way too many coincidences between those attacks and his rape/assaults here in Adelaide (abducting from known pubs/nightclubs, bashing heads into walls, using a brick to bash 1 victim and then raping them in lane ways). The biggest factor for me ruling him out is the possibility of police having DNA or a partial DNA sample from CG and the KK rape victim so one would assume if this was correct then of course Steven Ainsworth would have been checked.

In regards to how these girls were dumped, I understand common sense would dictate to us if in the same position of dumping a body that travelling at night via the path of least resistance would be your best option for dumping a body, but some people discuss this like the police were pulling over any and every vehicle they seen. there are several cases of serial killers dumping the body during day time, hell, Joel Ripkin even drove around and filled up gas with one of his deceased victims propped up in the front passenger seat. I think dumping on a Sunday morning would be very plausible, after all the effort of abducting e.t.c one would certainly want to take their time and "enjoy the moment" you have to remember these serial killers have a sense of self importance and feel like they won't be caught because they are simply smarter than the police, so driving around with a body and or dumping during daylight hours wouldn't be too far fetched for them unless they suffer super paranoia.

I too would love to know why the police think the women were killed shortly after abduction, certainly a body exposed to the elements for weeks and months could not be used to pinpoint the time of death to the nearest 12 hours, a day or two I'd believe but not a matter of hours. And it's never been common knowledge that police found the "kill" site so I think the police are just guessing that fact based on a lack of evidence at the dump site.

Rsbm

According to FBI there would be a 90% chance the CSK has been caught for either assault/rape/abduction or murder following the Claremont killings, I've been using MAKo_Org to try and find matches, but this is limited to sexual offenders, does anyone know of a similar database that lists in general, violent crimes?
Can we have a look at this sa poi a carpenter mo was laneway assault ? good post here , but im going to look further at the claremont assaults today

layout app for photos

Apparently she lived on the south side of Stirling Hwy. Possibly Claremont or Nedlands but unsure.

Normally I would cut through Creswell Park and Scotch playing fields and onto the end of Stirling Rd but given there's a guy stalking me I would have gone Davies Rd or Graylands Rd. Probably Graylands Rd to give it one extra street of separation. Graylands Rd ends up at The Showgrounds Subway which is adjacent to Rowe Park.

Here's a map of where Lakeway Drive-in and Swanbourne High School used to be. Swanbourne Primary School is now on old high school site but back then it was between Devon Rd and Derby St (at the end of Wood St).

View attachment 104387

The MO of this attack is car orientated & stalking (when suprise attack at the service station on cnr graylands / alfred rd ) i Estimated she travelled 2km on foot to the servo & then who knows how many more afterwards going home . The lake claremont is to the east of the drive-in directly , another potential disposal zone ?

layout app for photos

<modsnip>

Right now, he is my preferred suspect and for good reason. Whilst I can't say he wasn't tall, I did meet him a number of times and he fits the description of Lakeway Man. The pictures everyone has seen is 15 years after the fact when he was skinnier and with a lot less hair. There's a lot of people who want to shut down any LW discussion at any cost. But based on what? Most of these same people want to discuss alternate suspects who would also be ruled out by DNA. Let's just say I'm sceptical about people's claims he is tall. Not one of those people have offered up their reasoning let alone any evidence.

LW has a history of stalking women. The Lakeway victim was probably watched/stalked as she came out of the pub. She was also stalked after she escaped.
LW is a local man who went to school across the road from Lakeway so would have had knowledge of the area.
Lakeway Man was described as having whiskers and stocky. From meeting him a number of times around this time this fits his description IMO.

As I said, it well could be an entirely different person off our radar. But to rule out LW with claims he is tall with no real evidence of that.......

Is it true LW was a fan of the old rub and tug?

07d763198a4311abd83761ea9cddc251.jpg

Jill meagher & Ciara glennon (migrated from ireland). Ciara pic from documentary #media thread . Adrian Bayleys mo favored victim type Stalk & blitz and also used cars

layout app for photos

The MO of this attack is car orientated & stalking (when suprise attack at the service station on cnr graylands / alfred rd ) i Estimated she travelled 2km on foot to the servo & then who knows how many more afterwards going home . The lake claremont is to the east of the drive-in directly , another potential disposal zone ?

layout app for photos

I'm really enjoying your contribution Meticulously, thanks for joining up.

The more the Lakeway attack is discussed, the more I see parallels to Karrakatta - stalk, capture, get in vehicle, drive to isolated location (location that is obviously known....the guy is local).

It's a very particular MO. Refined for Karrakatta with the introduction of rope and hood.

I have read before in an article that the CSK took the Karrakatta victim (after the rape) back in his car and dropped her outside of the cemetery. I've read this once only and would like to know if true. It seems counterintuitive but if true, it could show further parallels to Lakeway.

What are the chances of such a MO being carried out in such a small area by two different perps?

Again if the Lakeway is the CSK, he had a huge sexual appetite that wasn't being desired. This desire could only be that of a single man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690