Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how many businesses in WA are owned by someone with the name Edwards..:facepalm:

Lots!

How many edwards have been charged with the murder of CG? 1

How many stores was CG last seen outside of with an edwards owner? 1

Worth looking into even if it amounts to nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts related to the company by the name of Australian Computer Resellers have been reinstated because Ciara was last seen outside a company by that name on Stirling Hwy. It is my understanding there was a company with the same name close to where BE lived, and that company was owned by a family trust in the Edwards surname.

At this point in time, it seems sleuth worthy. If, however, someone comes up with info that indicates it is not relevant, please let us know immediately.

If Bessie disagrees with me, you'll see things disappear again :D

I know a guy on my friends list. Sends winky faces about almost everything. Must be a joke in his own head. Could be the case with CSK also.
Also could be a message to someone. .I think someone out there suspects or maybe knows about his past

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I have worked with people who put superfluous smiley faces into emails to soften them, purely in my experience these people have had narcissistic tendecies or borderline aspergers.
In this instance though it just appears arrogant, I know something you don't know arrogant.

The wink smiley makes no sense in the eagles pots unless there is another message in there. Smiley face ok but wink is creepy/sending a message to someone.

Edwards Family Trust is also the owner of BE’s Services. Plus another poster found a VinnComm. Looks like he had many ABN’s. I don’t think it’s that far-fetched.

More information about Australian Computer Resellers can be found by searching the Australian Business Register. www.abr.business.gov.au Well worth a look
The mod put back the posts after a chat but we need to be respectful on the fact that Edwards is a common name Which I completely understand. A computer shop in the 90s stood out to me because there wouldn't have been that many small operators. It was near were Ciara went missing. BE obviously could have the skills to own a computer shop, he was an early adopter of technology. He purchased quite a few computer parts off ebay over the years. The second shop of the same name was near kewdale with the family name link. I was considering the Claremont shop as a potential place to take a victim. But unless someone can actually confirm who owned the Claremont shop then probably best not post anything about it unless you can come up with that information to eliminate or include. So the mods don't need to keep wasting their time intervening.

The mod put back the posts after a chat but we need to be respectful on the fact that Edwards is a common name Which I completely understand. A computer shop in the 90s stood out to me because there wouldn't have been that many small operators. It was near were Ciara went missing. BE obviously could have the skills to own a computer shop, he was an early adopter of technology. He purchased quite a few computer parts off ebay over the years. The second shop of the same name was near kewdale with the family name link. I was considering the Claremont shop as a potential place to take a victim. But unless someone can actually confirm who owned the Claremont shop then probably best not post anything about it unless you can come up with that information to eliminate or include. So the mods don't need to keep wasting their time intervening.

Well if it amounts to anything that's some pick up. You'd have to think that the police would be more than aware of the connection if it exists now that they have arrested BE. They'd be going over his Claremont connections with a fine tooth comb.

<modsnip>

Looks like ACR was open in September 2016 and is permanently closed now. Interesting timing.

e09a72ab8109a109c813b4497d6a703c.jpg

If this is the right location of ACR and the frontage hasn't changed much then it is quiet well hidden.
Likely to have a rear exit too

BE's Services had an entity name Brendan Edwards as Trustee for the Edwards family trust, later shortened to The Edwards Family Trust. I don't think it is associated with CSK.

There is a little bit about an Australian Computer Resellers here

http://.reckon.com.au/Portals/0/Retail -QuickBooksPremier_AustComputerResellers.pdf

And for those wondering about why Kewdale house was not economically fitting his public image - the rent for this place on Stirling Hwy would be very high - even in 90's - prime realestate

Ok sleuths, let us look at this potential red herring here, I suspect this fella has like with the kimono stolen this cord from somewhere.

Here is the quotes
"The Post also reports that new evidence shows this victim was tied up with washing line, not telephone wire as previously reported, and that the line was "impregnated with material used in screen printing".

The newspaper also reports the killer had some link to screen-printing and had a way of "printing coloured words and patterns on fabric such as T-shirts".

If the text above is correct, do they mean purely the cord which was probably used as a drying line outside was the link or was this guy making t-shirts? It sounds like they have tried to be too clever by half here and only confused the public(their best chance of solving this case)

more info
[FONT=&quot]Detectives contacted the former screen printing and picture framing business owner, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lee Partridge[/FONT][FONT=&quot], asking if [/FONT][FONT=&quot]rope was left in a carpark[/FONT][FONT=&quot] behind the store, a local newspaper has reported.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Post Newspaper also reported that detectives are trying to locate former employees of the printing company and wanted to know if printing components had gone missing at the time of the murders and the process involved in printed dyes on fabric.
[/FONT]

Going through the businesses here on the CIA map, which ones may have used these chemicals around that time? Not necessarily just screen printers, could same chemicals have been in commercial printers?

Can someone do an ABN lookup on this guy the cops interviewed to give us a potential address?

e09a72ab8109a109c813b4497d6a703c.jpg

If this is the right location of ACR and the frontage hasn't changed much then it is quiet well hidden.
Likely to have a rear exit too

There is multiple rear exits there, a laneway in fact that goes multiple ways.

Posts related to the company by the name of Australian Computer Resellers have been reinstated because Ciara was last seen outside a company by that name on Stirling Hwy. It is my understanding there was a company with the same name close to where BE lived, and that company was owned by a family trust in the Edwards surname.

At this point in time, it seems sleuth worthy. If, however, someone comes up with info that indicates it is not relevant, please let us know immediately.

If Bessie disagrees with me, you'll see things disappear again :D

I think this is sleuth worthy ... and would give some intel into why he chose Claremont perhaps? Maybe it wasn't because he was targeting girls from western suburbs on purpose, rather convenience of being able to be at work late at night?

ASIC search on Australian Computer Resellers. There are two records, one cancelled and the following:

Business name: AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER RESELLERS
Registration date: 26/07/1993
Renewal date: 26/07/1996
Cancelled date: 27/09/1996
Cancellation under review:
Address for service of documents:
Principal place of business:
Holder(s) details:
Debtor representative(s):
not applicable

Notified successor(s):
not applicable

Regulator: Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Former State/Territory registration details
Former identifier: 0090887T
Former State/Territory: WA

/edit The Australian Computer Resellers in Cannington and the other one ARE NOT RELATED, otherwise on the ASIC website they would have the same 'former identifier'.

BE's Services had an entity name Brendan Edwards as Trustee for the Edwards family trust, later shortened to The Edwards Family Trust. I don't think it is associated with CSK.

http://.reckon.com.au/Portals/0/Retail -QuickBooksPremier_AustComputerResellers.pdf

Looks like it is eliminated then...Thanks....

There is multiple rear exits there, a laneway in fact that goes multiple ways.

Yes there is just wasn't sure if this place would have access or not.
The place is for rent in this picture and says 80sqm on the sign.
Rather small and I wouldn't think it included the rear part of the building (could have split the rents up recently)

Looks like it is eliminated then...Thanks....

Would seem so but I'd still like to know why the link to the BE name. Did he or the family have some kind of ownership of the business? If so access to the building after hours may still have been possible.

Hang on I retract my last comment..If BE's services has the same name as the edwards family trust how is that wrong, or did I miss something?

Probably nothing. At the time Ciara went missing there was a business on Stirling HWY called Australian Computer Resellers. There was also a business in Cannington of the same name. The ABN is in EDWARDS FAMILY TRUST

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=84053452200

The ABN however says it has only been registered since 2000 but obviously from the report there was a business of the same name in 1997

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/ciara-eilish-glennon/

Nice find! Could have been the nearby location the leased premises. He took them there? Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member