GUILTY Australia - DI Bryson Anderson, 45, killed in Sydney standoff, Dec 2012

The High Court has dismissed a bid for an appeal against the reduced prison term handed to a mentally ill man who murdered NSW police officer Bryson Anderson.

The NSW Court of Criminal Appeal in December cut Mitchell Barbieri's non-parole period of 26 years to 15 for the 2012 stabbing murder - a decision that outraged the policeman's family and colleagues.

Today, the NSW director of public prosecutions applied for leave to appeal the decision, but three judges of the High Court refused to grant leave, saying the case didn't involve any error of legal principle.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-stabbing-bryson-anderson#Hp06ARvwCI7t9IFP.99

It means Barbieri will serve the non-parole period of 15 years and proceed with 11 years slashed from his sentence.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said the force was "devastated by the decision".

“No police officer should lose their life while serving the community. Bryson was the finest police officer. He was decorated and dedicated. He deserved to go home to his family at the end of his shift, as does every police officer," he said.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-stabbing-bryson-anderson#Hp06ARvwCI7t9IFP.99

There's no protection for our boyz in blue.
THIS IS A DISGUSTING OUTCOME.

NSW's police commissioner says he's "devastated" the High Court will not hear an appeal against the slashed sentence given to Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson's mentally ill murderer.

Three High Court judges on Friday refused to grant the Director of Public Prosecutions leave to appeal last year's reduction of Mitchell Barbieri's minimum sentence from 26 years to 15.
Commissioner Mick Fuller said he acknowledged the court's decision but he would continue to champion harsher sentences for people who harm police officers.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...smisses-cop-killer-s-case#Sz7FfmfrkKAUR5qX.99

'There'll never be closure'

‘Det Anderson's mother Shirley spoke to A Current Affair after the inquest concluded, saying the end of the long legal process had come as a relief.

"But I don't think it'll ever come under the heading of closure," she said.

"I don't think there'll ever be closure to something like this."

She said she was proud of how the family had managed themselves through the long process.

"Bryson was very community minded, and his whole aim in life was to do what he could for the community," she said.

"And that didn't matter whether you'd broken the law or were a law-abiding citizen."’

Vale DI Anderson. Prayers of strength and comfort for his mother and his loved ones tonight x

This devotion epitomises our Australian Police.

Detective Inspector Anderson was born in 1967 and was only 45 years old when he died. He had worked as a police officer with the NSW Police Force (“NSWPF”) all his adult life, having attested in November 1986, when he was 19 years old. Detective Inspector Anderson started at General Duties at Parramatta Police Station and was promoted regularly, in recognition of his excellent service. 13. His was a policing family. His father, Rex Anderson, who has since passed away, was a Detective Superintendent of the NSWPF with a distinguished service until his retirement in 1993. One of Bryson’s brothers, Warwick, has also served with distinction before leaving the NSWPF in 1993 to pursue a career as a lawyer. 14. In addition to his work as a police officer, Detective Inspector Anderson was a volunteer fire fighter, a coach of junior soccer and he helped to organise a Special Olympics event in Windsor. He was community minded and he applied himself in the service of others.

This devotion epitomises our Australian Police.

Detective Inspector Anderson was born in 1967 and was only 45 years old when he died. He had worked as a police officer with the NSW Police Force (“NSWPF”) all his adult life, having attested in November 1986, when he was 19 years old. Detective Inspector Anderson started at General Duties at Parramatta Police Station and was promoted regularly, in recognition of his excellent service. 13. His was a policing family. His father, Rex Anderson, who has since passed away, was a Detective Superintendent of the NSWPF with a distinguished service until his retirement in 1993. One of Bryson’s brothers, Warwick, has also served with distinction before leaving the NSWPF in 1993 to pursue a career as a lawyer. 14. In addition to his work as a police officer, Detective Inspector Anderson was a volunteer fire fighter, a coach of junior soccer and he helped to organise a Special Olympics event in Windsor. He was community minded and he applied himself in the service of others.

Such a terrible loss.

These people were fixated with the neighbours and the Govt.
I think I would have them believe you agree with their feelings and be their friends saying things that would make them think you were on their side. Say like you need more information on the neighbours so you could arrest them and you needed their help to do that.
Maybe a good dose of tear gas through that window would’ve done the trick and with the dogs it was never going to end well.
JMO.

Last edited:
These people were fixated with the neighbours and the Govt.
I think I would have them believe you agree with their feelings and be their friends saying things that would make them think you were on there side. Say like you need more information on the neighbours so you could arrest them and you needed their help to do that.
Maybe a good dose of tear gas through that window would’ve done the trick and with the dogs it was never going to end well.
JMO.

Thankfully police procedures have changed since that time. A terrible price to pay for lessons learnt, however.

With the escalating crazy, these people should have been put away.
I’m sick of our innocents being murdered unnecessarily.
Beit our heros in blue or innocent women walking home from working all night as an upcoming comedian.

Maybe they had a rightful beef with our fool governments.

With the escalating crazy, these people should have been put away.
I’m sick of our innocents being murdered unnecessarily.
Beit our heros in blue or innocent women walking home from working all night as an upcoming comedian.

Maybe they had a rightful beef with our fool governments.

Yes, it does seem that they both need intervention from mental health services.

It’s difficult not to feel angry with governments when terrible crimes happen such as this and Eurydice Dixon’s senseless murder.

Such a terrible loss.

It’s unacceptable Bo.
There’s a crazy on every street corner but a devoted human being like DI Bryson Anderson can never be replaced.
Ask his wife. Ask his children AND all the others who didn’t have the opportunity of being helped by this incredible human being.
Arghhh dammit!!

It’s unacceptable Bo.
There’s a crazy on every street corner but a devoted human being like DI Bryson Anderson can never be replaced.
Ask his wife. Ask his children AND all the others who didn’t have the opportunity of being helped by this incredible human being.
Arghhh dammit!!

I understand your anger, tgy. I feel it too. His death was so senseless and such a great loss to his loved ones, friends and community.

Bryson Anderson died today 7 years ago.
We send our sincere condolences to his family today.

Mr Anderson died during a violent confrontation at their Oakville home in December 2012.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-12/police-officers-killer-mitchell-barbieri-has-sentence-reduced/8111594
8111600-1x1-340x340.jpg

Police killer Fiona Barbieri up for parole

Brutal tirade after stabbing of Inspector Anderson
Bryson Anderson was a respected and distinguished New South Wales police officer.

On December 6, 2012, he was stabbed to death while attending a neighbourhood dispute in Sydney's northwest.

It was a day former NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione will never forget.

"It had ramifications right across the entire NSW Police Force," Mr Scipione told A Current Affair.
"I think that the people that were responsible for the death of Bryson Anderson need to stay in jail for a long time," Mr Scipione told me

Brutal tirade after stabbing of Inspector Anderson
Bryson Anderson was a respected and distinguished New South Wales police officer.

On December 6, 2012, he was stabbed to death while attending a neighbourhood dispute in Sydney's northwest.

It was a day former NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione will never forget.

"It had ramifications right across the entire NSW Police Force," Mr Scipione told A Current Affair.
"I think that the people that were responsible for the death of Bryson Anderson need to stay in jail for a long time," Mr Scipione told me
It’s been granted, tgy:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...er-of-nsw-police-officer-20200908-p55tgr.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back