GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the footage too, but no link sorry.

It's really blurry/poor quality and kind of an obstructed view because of shelves/visual displays.. Nothing at all like Duchess's. Without the police saying it is Jill and AB, I wouldn't have been able to tell, to be quite honest.

Agree, you couldn't see stuff all in the released footage. What they have is probably clearer but they've explained why most cctv has not been shown (jeopardise any witness ID of an alleged offender)

Does any one know if it possible to search for outstanding warrants outside of Victoria?

I wonder where AB worked, and whether in Jill's travels as a local she might have at been the tiniest familiar with his face perhaps? I made a bit of a connection (maybe silly) when a work colleague of hers said something in an interview on the ABC about how Jill was always the one to bring the cupcakes to work ... Overactive imagination perhaps on my part, but I linked cupcakes and pastry chef.

or could it be that slight familiarity from seeing his face before if he had been stalking her?

Look, I'm sorry, but I'm inclined to agree. People vomit in response to autopsies. They don't tend to puke when they are told that someone has died (however young and beautiful they are). And anyway, the briefings from the police have been gradually massaged over time so that when the news came, it would not be a complete shock. No. It was something about the nature of the crime that made seasoned reporters physically ill. I think there are very good reasons for withholding this! JMO

OOOOOhhhh yeah, she suffered, and no prayers could resolve this, the shock will be horrific.

Hope Street on Vimeo
(For anyone who hasn't already seen this)
A video walk from the last confirmed sighting of Jill Meagher, down Sydney Road onto Hope Street, the lane where her handbag was found on Monday morning and to her home on Lux Way. Note: the purpose of the video is to show the distance and landmarks on this route only. It is no way implying that this is route Jill took in the early morning of September 22, 2012. For those of you in Brunswick and familiar with the area, this is not made for you. Rather, this video is made for those not familiar with the area.

http://thebrunxonline.com/2012/09/2...re-jill-meagher-was-seen-on-cctv-to-her-home/

Dear Jill and family my sincere condolences for your loss xxxx

Australia is so sorry and there is no God to allow this to happen to your dear sweet girl xxxxxxxxx

There is no rest or peace we agree and again we have no knowledge of the depth of your pain, just makes us cry more,

Once again, I'm finding it hard to sleep. Can't get that vision of Jill in the CCTV footage out of head. Just can't stop wondering how that happened to her-there on that street with all that traffic and other people walking to and fro. Was just thinking too how having a mobile phone makes you feel safe and as though because you have a way of contacting people that nothing can go wrong. I often go walking at night with my daughter in our neighbourhood and we take a phone and think that we are ok. You can imagine Jill thinking she was so close to home and had a phone if she needed to contact someone in an emergency. How did he manage to do this horrific thing in that tiny 'window of opportunity'? This is just so awful!

I am the same as you and keep saying how she must have felt the poor darling girl. Hopefully we can all learn something from this and I know my daughters now understand why I nag and that there are evil disgusting low life men like this out there and there are many more waiting for their prey.

May her very sad death make other girls aware and take more care so they can return to their loved ones safe after a night out.

Just thinking, don't you hate it that the opportune/random moments arrive in sync for these sick B*******, whilst Jill's message to husband to 'meet me at pub' and phone call to brother do not help prevent this???????????????

Not the Hubby or Bros fault I must say, but how come it goes the criminals' way...*advertiser censored** !!

Just thinking, don't you hate it that the opportune/random moments arrive in sync for these sick B*******, whilst Jill's message to husband to 'meet me at pub' and phone call to brother do not help prevent this???????????????

Not the Hubby or Bros fault I must say, but how come it goes the criminals' way...*advertiser censored** !!

Coupled with the fact that they (crims) probably devote so much of their time to lurking and stalking for victims unfortunately.

ARRGGHHHH this is doing my head in, sooooo cruel, soooooooo unfair.

:cry: Night now :(

I've been following this case like everyone else here from the beginning and when I first heard of Jill's disappearance it brought back memories of the Anita Cobby murder. Both girls have a resemblance and both disappeared after a night out with friends. I'm in Perth and remember vividly the Claremont serial killings. Unfortunately there will be more cases like this because there are predators and women are vulnerable. There should be CCTV in all the main streets and at bus and railway stations. At least it can identify the perpetrator and possibly deter some of these scum. I hope we find out how this man abducted Jill. Did he use a ruse similar to the one used on the Dutch girl? Like everyone else I would like to know the answer to the puzzle. I'm sure that we all wish that someone could have saved Jill. When I look at that CCTV footage I wish I could go back in time and change the outcome. I can't imagine how Jill's loved ones must be feeling. It is incredibly sad and senseless that this is the outcome.

Hope Street on Vimeo
A video walk from the last confirmed sighting of Jill Meagher, down Sydney Road onto Hope Street, the lane where her handbag was found on Monday morning and to her home on Lux Way. Note: the purpose of the video is to show the distance and landmarks on this route only. It is no way implying that this is route Jill took in the early morning of September 22, 2012. For those of you in Brunswick and familiar with the area, this is not made for you. Rather, this video is made for those not familiar with the area.

http://thebrunxonline.com/2012/09/2...re-jill-meagher-was-seen-on-cctv-to-her-home/

Thanks. That was incredibly helpful! I'm sorry but I was terrified being an observer along that walk. The imagination is a terrible thing sometimes. But I cannot imagine how scared Jill was. But maybe that's just me feeling the imprint of her death. It's almost visceral!

Hope Street on Vimeo

Thanks Alice Bernadette. I saw those parallels immediately too. And the senselessness of it all. And you kind of think that no punishment the law can meter out can extinguish this crime. I guess I'm now at the anger stage of grief but I just want whoever perpetrated this crime to know firsthand the fear Jill felt when she knew she was going to die.

within 450m of her home - about 1.40am on Saturday. In the CCTV footage released on Wednesday, Ms Meagher could be seen speaking with a man in a blue hooded jumper outside the store.

She then speaks to her brother on her mobile phone for two minutes, walks out of view of the camera, and had not been seen since.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...used-faces-court/story-e6frg6nf-1226483790717

BBM: Does anyone see this happen? From reading that I understand that you can see her talking on the phone for 2 minutes? I don't see that at all. Is that just the reporters interpretation?

Hello everybody - We are going to lock up here for a few minutes and start a new thread. There will be new rules and everyone will need to read the first post in the thread to understand the rules.

WS does not want to jepordize the judicial process for this alleged perp, nor do we want to contribute to the denial of justice for Jill and her family in anyway.

Thanks and the thread will be back shortly.

Salem

ETA: New thread is here: Found Deceased Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels