GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to the memorial at the site where Jill was found...one of her close female friends PM'd me and said she wants to remember how Jill lived and not how she died...same with Anita...horrific events took place at these respective sites (Anitas being the boiler paddock at Reen Rd) and are not representative of how these women lived their lives...my personal opinion is that there are better ways to commemorate their memory

Couldnt agree with you more.

One disturbing aspect that has come to my attention as a long practicing martial artist,is the number of schools now springing up teaching "womens self defense" in the wake of this tragedy.
The martial arts need to be demystified and taught in such a way as to address real world issues...we have all seen the level of force and brutality perps are prepared to use to subdue their prey and the response must be effctive.
Situational awareness must also be taught and this can't be done in a short course...however "reasonably priced".
One school that is doing something of value is the AIM Academy in melbourne...<modsnip>...I am not an instructor although I have taught...my experience dates back to 1982 so I pretty much know who is who in the zoo.
I have no financial interest in any school other than giving people the correct advice so as not to give anyone a false sense of security through training.
also check out www.jkd.com.au thats where I train and I walked away from my karate black belt to start as a beginner there.

I always find it interesting to contrast the bravado of the assailant during the commission of the crime with their cowering posture and attitude in the back of police cars...I have been given an insight into the behavior of the Cobby killers during their interviews while giving statements....crying,begging,pleading,deflecting blame...all very different from the defiant attitude while in court

How did you get down the lane on Street View?

Its not possible for me, can only do Street View on Hope and Ovens

ANyway here is the object as seen from Ovens St

Camera or light? You decide.

The shot is not from StreetView. It is from this page:

http://thebrunxonline.com/2012/09/27/video-the-walk-from-where-jill-meagher-was-seen-on-cctv-to-her-home/

In the shot you have posted, the object near the corner certainly appears to be a light. But in my first image you can see there is another object 1 or 2 metres further down the lane (closer to the camera) on the same wall. Can't tell what that object is and can't find any images with the right angle.

one of the best things I heard that helped me - remember the years lived than the minutes of death xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member