Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

There were more charges added in May 2022 .... The sickening case against JS

imo
He's already accused of murdering a child and disposing of her body in a barrel, now police have laid more charges in the sickening case against Justin Stein.
The 31-year-old, who was about to become the little girl's stepfather, was in court today on weapons, stealing and child *advertiser censored* charges.

From above link

The Daily Mail back in August 2022 refers to the charges as being child abuse material….

“While in custody at Silverwater Jail for the alleged murder of CM, JS was hit with two counts of possessing an unauthorised firearm, two counts of possessing an unregistered firearm, and one count of possessing ammunition without authority in May.

JS is also charged with two counts of possessing child abuse material, which police say is not related to his stepdaughter.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been searching the news sites hoping for some news from the trial which started today, but have found nothing so far. I read over some old news articles and I took notice of some charges that I didn’t really know the meaning of, and I am a bit shocked now to learn what the charges could mean…..

This is from a news article back in Dec 2022:-

“JS, 31, is charged with the murder of CM, whose body was found in a barrel dumped on the banks of the Colo River, west of Sydney, in January.

Mr S did not appear in person when his case was heard in Penrith Local Court today, where the prosecution told the court they had added an additional charge.

Court documents show Mr S has now also been charged with "improperly interfere with a corpse or human remains" and alleges he "did offer an indignity" to her remains.”

Then I looked up the meaning of the interfering with a corpse…..

“What does interfering with a body mean?

These are offensive conduct involving human remains, sexual activity with the corpse of a human being and removal of body parts from the corpse of a human being.”

Armstrong Legal › ...

Interfering With A Corpse (Qld) - Armstrong Legal

LINK

MOD NOTE - names redacted per court order

Attachments

• 1714980850242.png
    1714980850242.png
    434 bytes · Views: 2
Have been searching the news sites hoping for some news from the trial which started today, but have found nothing so far. I read over some old news articles and I took notice of some charges that I didn’t really know the meaning of, and I am a bit shocked now to learn what the charges could mean…..

This is from a news article back in Dec 2022:-

“JS, 31, is charged with the murder of CM, whose body was found in a barrel dumped on the banks of the Colo River, west of Sydney, in January.

Mr S did not appear in person when his case was heard in Penrith Local Court today, where the prosecution told the court they had added an additional charge.

Court documents show Mr S has now also been charged with "improperly interfere with a corpse or human remains" and alleges he "did offer an indignity" to her remains.”

Then I looked up the meaning of the interfering with a corpse…..

These are offensive conduct involving human remains, sexual activity with the corpse of a human being and removal of body parts from the corpse of a human being.”

Armstrong Legal › ...

Interfering With A Corpse (Qld) - Armstrong Legal

LINK

BBM: I'd say they are picking a jury & having legal arguments, might hear something in a couple of days IMO

I've gone this rabbit hole before trying to work out exactly what this meant. Some of the answers I found also said moving a body etc could also fall into this category. I haven't been able to find anything the 100% confirms this charge for me. I'm open to anyone who actually knows the answers to this one

I've gone this rabbit hole before trying to work out exactly what this meant. Some of the answers I found also said moving a body etc could also fall into this category. I haven't been able to find anything the 100% confirms this charge for me. I'm open to anyone who actually knows the answers to this one

I always assumed that he's flat out denied having anything to do with the cause of death of CM, so they've charged him with the interfering with a corpse as at the very least they have enough evidence to show he drove around with the barrel that contained the deceased, bought the sand, and attempted to dispose of it in the river etc. I could be wrong of course.

I wonder if Lyn’s Law (No body, no parole) will be used on JS, in the case he is found guilty? He didn’t tell Police where little CM’s body was, but the Police did eventually find her little body after 5 days of many, many people searching. I am not sure if the Law only is used if the missing persons body is never recovered?

I have found Lynn’s Law is able to be applied retrospectively, so JS’s matter would fall into that date line.

“The legislation applies retrospectively, i.e. for any parole decision made after October 2022, regardless of when the homicide offence or conviction occurred”

Finally some news today from the trial.
Media has always reported that little C suffered a single gunshot. Media today states there were two gunshots to her body.

“She had suffered two gunshot wounds, one to her face and the other to her left lower back.”

Words escape me!!!

<mod note - sub judice - use initials only>

Finally some news today from the trial.
Media has always reported that little C suffered a single gunshot. Media today states there were two gunshots to her body.

“She had suffered two gunshot wounds, one to her face and the other to her left lower back.”

Words escape me!!!

From the article

The pair met while they were both serving jail sentences.
M was in prison for the crime of dangerous driving occasioning death, the court was told.

BBM : Did we know this??

They must have taken awhile seating a jury - not one I'd like to be on IMO

<mod note - sub judice - use initials only>

Paraphrased from The Daily Telegraph …

The Crown Prosecutor Mr McKay told the court that both JS and KM “broke into a house at Mount Wilson” and stole two firearms, one of which he said is “of importance in the case” and for the charge of murder.

Trial Begins for JS, accused to murdering schoolgirl CM

However the link would still show everything from the tweet …. It’s a tricky one … to also supply the link??

Tiff Genders
@tiffgenders 3:51 PM · May 13, 2024

CM's accused killer J S has pointed the finger at the girl’s mother… his defence revealed on 1st day of his murder trial.He's alleges K M shot & killed her daughter, before he disposed of the body. K M is a witness in this case.

I'd do it like this to avoid the full names?

<modsnip - removed ful name of the victim>

Justice Helen Wilson informed the jury some aspects of the case could be confronting and reminded them of the importance of remaining impartial.
"This is a trial in which it is alleged a nine-year-old child was shot to death," she said.
"Some people find evidence of the death of a child particularly confronting.
"You will need to be assured that you can look at such evidence and ... maintain complete impartiality."
The trial is expected to run for six weeks.

Just FYI ….

Name of JS Barrister - Carolyn Davenport SC
Will deliver an opening argument to the jury later in the week.

—————

Also KM made the 000 call at 8.15am on January 14 and reported her daughter missing.

—————

The Crown is alleging that CM was shot on the 12th January.

Paraphrased from The Daily Telegraph article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back