Australia: Kathleen Folbigg Inquest April 29, 2019 *PARDONED*

SouthAussie

Reaction score
Kathleen Folbigg was found guilty of the murder of her four babies.

Folbigg, aged 36, was found guilty of killing Caleb, Patrick, Sarah and Laura, who were aged between 19 days and 19 months.

The first killing occurred in 1989 and the last in 1999. Two of the deaths were attributed to sudden infant death syndrome, one to an epileptic fit and another cause of death was undetermined. Justice Barr sentenced Folbigg to 40 years, with a non-parole period of 30 years.

Folbigg successfully appealed against the length of sentence, having it reduced to 30 years with a non-parole period of 25 years. Folbigg’s appeal to the High Court was refused on 2 September 2005

Research Guides: LIAC Crime Library: R v Folbigg

Last edited:
'I miss all my children': Kathleen Folbigg quizzed over diary entries

Kathleen Folbigg has broken down in the witness box while recalling finding her four children dead during a judicial inquiry into her convictions over their deaths.

Questioned over a series of diary entries that were instrumental to her imprisonment, Folbigg also fought back tears while repeatedly denying certain passages alluded to her having killed her children, instead explaining them as expressions of frustration over her failures as a mother.

24me0x1.jpg

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-miss-all-my-children-kathleen-folbigg-quizzed-over-diary-entries-20190429-p51i3k.html

Kathleen Folbigg was found guilty of the murder of her four babies.

Folbigg, aged 36, was found guilty of killing Caleb, Patrick, Sarah and Laura, who were aged between 19 days and 19 months.

The first killing occurred in 1989 and the last in 1999. Two of the deaths were attributed to sudden infant death syndrome, one to an epileptic fit and another cause of death was undetermined. Justice Barr sentenced Folbigg to 40 years, with a non-parole period of 30 years.

Folbigg successfully appealed against the length of sentence, having it reduced to 30 years with a non-parole period of 25 years. Folbigg’s appeal to the High Court was refused on 2 September 2005

Research Guides: LIAC Crime Library: R v Folbigg

Thanks for the thread SA, I couldn't find one when I went looking today!

‘I didn’t kill them’: Baby killer’s court outburst

Serial child killer Kathleen Folbigg has declared she “didn’t kill my children” in an emotional outburst in court.

The convicted killer has faced questioning over several diary entries that were used in the trial to convict her at the inquest into her convictions over killing her children.

At one point this afternoon, she became so emotional the court had to adjourn for several minutes while she had a glass of water, and when court resumed, she hit out at the line of questioning from Chris Maxwell QC for the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.

“I don’t know why any of my children died, but I didn’t kill them,” she said.

“I didn’t kill my children and these diaries are just a record of how depressed (I was) and how many issues I was having.”

This woman had a pretty messed up childhood (no excuses).

When Kathleen was 2 years old, her father murdered her mother by stabbing her 24 times.
Kathleen was then placed into foster care with a couple for 1½ years, then removed and placed in a children's home, then placed into another foster care arrangement, then left school at 15 years old.

At 22 years old - she murdered her first baby
At 23 years old - she murdered her 2nd baby
At 26 years old - she murdered her 3rd baby
At 32 years old - she murdered her 4th baby

At 36 years old she was sentenced for three counts of murder, one count of manslaughter and one count of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm.

Kathleen Folbigg - Wikipedia

Some of the court documents

R v Folbigg [2003] NSWSC 895 (24 October 2003)

The following sentences are imposed. For the manslaughter of Caleb Gibson Folbigg imprisonment for ten years

for the malicious infliction of grievous bodily harm with intent on Patrick Allen Folbigg imprisonment for fourteen years

for the murder of Patrick Allen Folbigg imprisonment for eighteen years

for the murder of Sarah Kathleen Folbigg imprisonment for twenty years

for the murder of Laura Elizabeth Folbigg imprisonment for twenty-two years

last sentence to expire on 21 April 2043

non-parole period to expire on 21 April 2033.

Appeal

R v Folbigg [2005] NSWCCA 23 (17 February 2005)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back