GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

I see you also live in Winnipeg. I know the details aren't all the same, but doesn't this remind you of poor little Phoenix Sinclair, the bolded part in particular?

Yes. Kiesha’s foster mother said Kiesha came and stayed with them when she was 14 months old and she left quickly when she was 3. Phoenix Sinclair also lived with a foster family during her short life so It’s good to know both girls weren’t abused by their parents for their entire life.

Here is an interview with Kiesha’s foster parents’

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereiliv...eshas-foster-parents-book-of-loving-memories/

The Daily Telegraph was told Kiesha who is in kindergarten, attended only 5 days at Mt. Druitt Primary School this year and she missed a full week before her mother reported her missing. In fact, no one had seen Kiesha for 3 weeks.

A recently published article in the Sydney Morning Herald says Kristi Anne Abrahams, 29, and her 33-year-old partner Robert Smith are accused of killing the girl on or about July 13, 2010, in their home at Mount Druitt.

“It is alleged the pair killed the child, buried her in bushland in nearby Shalvey and, two weeks later, called police to declare her missing”.

Also, the man who claims he saw Robert hitting Kiesha on the head said they were in a white car. I never heard if the police obtained a search warrant for this vehicle.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/magistrat...te-set-for-kieshas-mother-20120716-226jy.html

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...een-smacking-her/story-e6frfkvr-1225903160022

http://search.babylon.com/?q=kiesha...SP_ss&mntrId=fccc700b000000000000000f1faa5495

At Robert’s Smith court appearance/arraignment on December 11, 2011, a local resident who spent time searching for Kiesha when she was first reported missing said Robert was heartbroken. He’s lost everything in one fowl swoop,’’ she said.

Russell Oxford and the detectives involved in the case all sat in the corner of the courtroom to hear the news that Smith was being charged with manslaughter and accessory to murder after the fact.

At Kristi’s recent hearing, Magistrate Peter Feather commended the police for their ''painstaking'' investigation, noting the case had taken an emotional toll on many of the officers involved.

Speaking outside court, a former neighbour of the family, Alison Anderson, said she had wanted to ''lunge'' at Ms Abrahams when she came into court.

''She couldn't even look at anybody in the court. It was very hard to sit there and not say anything,'' Ms Anderson said.

''The good thing about today is that we're now getting justice and Kiesha will be set free once and for all. Our community can now begin to deal with her loss.''

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/magistrat...shas-mother-20120716-226jy.html#ixzz260Qooccw

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/kieshas-stepfather-on-manslaughter-charges/

The reason Kristi Abrahams didn’t send her daughter to school imo was because her daughter could talk; and if Kiesha was being beaten and had large, dark bruises on her swollen body, her mother would have to keep her home for weeks at a time. Kiesha attended kindergarten for only 5 days so I suspect the reason Kiesha missed school was because she was being physically assaulted at home for at least one year.

It was reported that Kiesha did not attend school for a week before she vanished and that she had not been seen in public for up to three weeks. Police said that the little girl had not been to school since her little brother, Levi, was born 3½ weeks ago.

They also said it appeared the last time anyone other than direct family members had seen Kiesha was the weekend of July 7 and 8, which coincided with Levi’s birth. It is alleged the pair killed the child, buried her in bushland in nearby Shalvey and, two weeks later called police to declare her missing.

I think Kristi was afraid to send her daughter to school because she was being severely beaten and if this allegation is valid, they probably instructed Kiesha to not say a word about what was going on at home and they secluded her to protect themselves and hide from authorities.

I’m not sure whether anyone at Kiesha’s school contacted Kristi to ask her why her daughter was missing so much school but usually someone from the school calls and speaks to the parents especially if the absences are unexcused and extensive.

How can foul play by the parents not be suspected if the parents are not sending their child to school everyday and she only attended school 5 days?

Kiesha was apprehended by CPS and sent to live in a foster home after she was admitted to a western Sydney hospital with a significant bite wound inflicted by her mother when she had just learned to walk. Kiesha was 14-months-old when she went to live with her foster family who loved and cared for her until she was 3.

The Education department declined to comment but police confirmed they had spoken to a number of government agencies about Kiesha’s absences from school and other welfare issues.

I believe Kristi should plead guilty at her arraignment because she continually abused her daughter and allowed her stepfather to abuse her when she was Kiesha’s primary care giver and responsible for her daughter's well-being.

Robert Smith’s mother Rebecca, and other family members said they were not aware there was any conflict occurring in Robert’s home and she believed Kristi when she told her Kiesha was attending school everyday. I wonder if Robert’s mother actually talked to Kiesha because most children talk about school. She said Kristi was a good mother and Mr. Smith was the father Kiesha always wanted; yet the welfare authorities were previously concerned about Kiesha’s well-being and substance abuse in the family.

It seems Robert and Kristi successfully concealed their abuse towards Kiesha so well that there were no obvious or telltale signs of abuse seen outside the home and her death could have been prevented if her absences from school had been properly investigated.

The statement given by the witness who said he saw Robert Smith punching Kiesha in the head isn’t completely reliable imo because he said Robert and Kiesha were in a white car and AFAIK the police did not confiscate a white car belonging to the couple or their friends and relatives. Due to all the media attention this case received, I think if Robert and Kristi had access to a vehicle in July, the media would have reported it and the car would have been confiscated and tested by LE. The fact they hired a taxi to take them to the Bushland suggests they did not own a vehicle.

At this time we don’t know how or who Kiesha was moved to the Bushland but because Robert pled guilty to the charge of accessory to murder after the fact, I suspect he was the one who took and buried Kiesha’s remains.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...es-harsh-cruelty/story-e6frf7l6-1225900839751

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...en-now-shes-gone/story-e6frfkvr-1225900329931

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kiesha-speculation-rubbish-20100803-113vx.html?autostart=1

Loosing a child is a heartbreaking experience for a mother especially so I have compassion for Kristi.

Police allege Kiesha was murdered in her home shortly after Kristi and her newborn son arrived home from the hospital and Kristi’s first child, a boy, died shortly after he and his mother returned home from the hospital.

If this tragic event from the past was locked in Kristi’s subconscious mind and she had no conscious control over it, I suspect she’s been possessed by this tragedy and mentally ill to some degree eversince her first child died.

Shortly after Kiesha was born, Chris and Kristi separated and Kristi was left to raise Kiesha by herself and that’s when Kristi hurt her daughter and lost custody of her for nearly 2 years. Kiesha did not know her biological father and he did not establish a relationship with his daughter after he and Kristi separated.
Chris Weippeart afaik has not attended Kristi and Robert’s court hearings.

Kristi was charged with child abuse after Kiesha was hospitalized with a bite on her shoulder inflicted by an adult so Kristi must have agreed to seek medical attention for her daughter then but not after Kiesha was beaten in July of 2010.

Kristi faced criminal charges while her daughter was in foster care but I don’t think she ever received court ordered psychiatric care or compassionate care after her son died nor did she attend a support group for grieving parents to assist in her own recovery.

When Kiesha was in foster care, Kristi hooked up with Robert Smith and based on what Kiesha’s foster mom said, Kiesha never met Robert before she went home and he was a stranger to her. CPS informed Kiesha’s foster parents that Kiesha would be going home in a month’s time and the next day she was gone. Kristi and Robert have 2 children who were apprehended by CPS just before they were arrested and the children are not tmk living with relatives so the death of Kristi’s first boy seemed to trigger the events leading up to Kiesha’s death and they say what goes around comes around if you don’t seek help and heal from trauma which occurred in the past.

This tragic event probably wounded Kristi and left a deep and permanent scar upon her heart and it held her back and prevented her from living a happy and fulfilling life with her children. It seems apparent the loss of her first born son was the source of the family’s conflict.

I was expecting Kristi’s lawyer, who knows his client’s past history, would find it appropriate to request a psychiatric evaluation for his client at her hearing but he didn’t therefore I have to wonder if Kristi would have been fared better had she been assigned a female lawyer. Women often suffer from post-partum depression after giving birth and because Kristi’s child died, I suspect Kristi suffers from an undiagnosed mental illness or disease which diminished her capacity to function normally and care for her surviving children.

To ensure Kristi receives a fair trial, I think her attorney should have requested the Court to have his client’s mental status evaluated prior to her arraignment on November 2, 2012 because if she is mentally ill she may not be criminally responsible for murder due to insanity and therefore she could plead “not guilty by reason of insanity”.

Prosecutors, Defense Attornies Look at Verna McClain’s Past for Answers

SPRING, Texas – Verna McClain, 30, is charged with capital murder for allegedly killing Kala Golden Schuchardt and abducting her 3-day-old baby on April 17, 2012.

Verna McClain pled guilty at her arraignment and because Texas is a death penalty state, Prosecutors filed a motion in court Thursday to free up information about McClain’s past.

"It’s a case that could carry the death penalty as the ultimate range of punishment.
We feel that we have to ask the defense for any information that would help me in my decision to whether or not we are going to seek the death penalty," said Montgomery County District Attorney Bret Ligon.

The defense argues McClain should not get the death penalty because she is a mother of three who may have suffered a mental breakdown on the day of the killing.

Defense experts are interviewing family members to learn more about what could have led to the shooting.

"Back to her grandparents, investigate their lives. Was drug use involved? Mental health issues," said Defense Attorney Steve Jackson.

McClain’s mother and grandmother sat behind her in court Thursday, but her attorney said she still hasn’t seen her three children.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/153734485.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/magistrat...te-set-for-kieshas-mother-20120716-226jy.html
Magistrate appeals for calm in community as trial date set for Kiesha's mother
A WESTERN Sydney magistrate has called on the community to restrain its anger over the death of six-year-old Kiesha Weippeart so the girl's mother can be fairly tried for murder.

Kristi Anne Abrahams, 29, and her 33-year-old partner Robert Smith are accused of killing the girl on or about July 13, 2010, in their home at Mount Druitt.

It is alleged the pair killed the child, buried her in bushland in nearby Shalvey and, two weeks later, called police to declare her missing.

Charges were laid after human remains were discovered in bushland in April last year - on what would have been Kiesha's seventh birthday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...trial-for-murder/story-e6freuzi-1226427544916
Kiesha Weippeart's mother Kristi Anne Abrahams to face trial for murder
Kristi Anne Abrahams' committal hearing was set to begin at Penrith Local Court yesterday but her lawyers said they decided to waive local proceedings and go straight to trial.
Instead of hearing evidence from two key witnesses over two days, the matter was committed to trial at the Supreme Court in Sydney on September 7.

Magistrate Peter Feather told the court the case had taken an "emotional toll" on police and made an impact on the community.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...trial-for-murder/story-e6freuzi-1226467163889
Dressed in a patterned blouse, Kristi Anne Abrahams kept her eyes focused on Acting Justice Graham Barr as he ordered her to stand trial for Kiesha's murder from June 17.
The Supreme Court heard the trial is expected to last for two months.
Abrahams, 29, is yet to enter a plea to the charge.

Kiesha may have been let down by a struggling and overworked system (and yes I have read about the apparent mishandling or poor monitoring of Kiesha's welfare) - but let's not deflect any of the blame away from the people ultimately responsible for her death by their own hands. Not to mention the entire communities of neighbours, family members, friends etc, who look the other way on a daily basis.

I think we would all be horrified to know the number of cases of child abuse and neglect that are presented daily to the relevant government departments everywhere in Australia and overseas. When I was younger an old school friend used to work in an office in one such department - and would tell me terrible stories about the depression and suicide rates among the social workers and others involved directly with these cases. The burden of what they know about these families and having to try to do their best for these children must weigh heavily on those involved - let's face it, most people who choose careers as social workers or similar generally do so because they have a strong sense of social justice and compassion for the welfare of others. IMO at least.
So be fair - most of these poor children are the victims of multi generational abuse and neglect, which is becoming dreadfully difficult too overcome and/or reverse.

I wonder if others, like me, have followed this tragic story and wondered if they could see themselves becoming more involved by offering to become a foster parent? Am seriously considering it myself now.

Meeeee, I've discussed with my DH the idea of fostering. Our boys are only 3&5 and master 5 has autism, so we're not in a rush, but Kiesha has inspired me, I've sat in our backyard around a fire in tears that Kiesha never had what our boys have :(

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Top..._witnesses_for_girls_murder_trial_812124.html
200 witnesses for girl's murder trial
The trial of Kristi Anne Abrahams, who is accused of murdering her six-year-old daughter, Kiesha Weippeart, could hear evidence from up to 200 witnesses, a court has been told.
Abrahams, 29, from Mt Druitt, appeared in the NSW Supreme Court on Friday, where she was not required to enter a plea.
She is due to face trial on June 17 next year charged with murdering the girl, who was reported missing from her home at Mt Druitt, in western Sydney, on August 1, 2010.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kieshas-mother-faces-trial-for-her-murder-20121102-28of0.html
Kiesha's mother faces trial for her murder
The mother of Kiesha Abrahams will face trial over her death in June next year.

Kristi Anne Abrahams's trial for the murder of the six-year-old girl will take about eight weeks, the NSW Supreme Court was told on Friday.

Ms Abrahams did not enter a plea.

Wearing a black-and-white spotted top and grey pants and with her large neck tattoos visible, Ms Abrahams chatted in the dock with her male co-accused.

The father of murdered Sydney girl Kiesha Weippeart passed away on Wednesday morning, apparently of natural causes.

Chris Weippeart was found at about 8.30 am by his mother. Police sources said he had a string of health complaints, including suffering from diabetes, and was also a known drug user.

"He went to bed last night fine, but he did not wake up this morning," a source told the Herald.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/story/1137527/kieshas-father-found-dead/?cs=12

I wonder if Chris and his mother were to testify at Kristi Abrahams trial ?

Kiesha was buried close to her brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back