Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

I wonder if money was withdrawn? I was always under the impression police got the records from the bank, not relied on the banks to notice something was amiss. And if money was taken, wouldn't family have noticed? So maybe money wasn't withdrawn. Did the killer attempt to access her account unsuccessfully? It does lean more towards a robbery motive for me now. Using someone's bank card after murdering them is either gutsy or dumb. I can't believe how much her killer has got away with.

I do notice in the article police won't confirm anything about this.

A bit more detail in another article:

Although police asked the bank to check its records, the bank only initially reported Ms Blackwood’s accounts had been inactive.

The bank, however, after being alerted of the missing ATM card, later told police of the attempted withdrawal from one of its machines only hours after her murder on August 1 last year.

It is not known how long the delay was in discovering the attempted transaction.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...after-her-murder/story-fni0fee2-1226948551419

:facepalm:

omg, that could have been an ID...:facepalm:

interesting - the perp had the pin number.

did he torture her for it, or did he know it already..

Good point re the pin number.......

A tradesman working in McCaffrey Rise told police he saw a man in a striped hooded top looking into the Blackwood home shortly before noon.

The Herald Sun has been told the man returned 10 to 15 minutes later, when Ms Blackwood had come home from shopping and left the garage door open.

The tradesman has told investigators he saw the man ``hurriedly’’ walking away about 20 minutes later.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...after-her-murder/story-fni0fee2-1226948551419

I don't remember reading that the guy came at noon, looked in, then returned later........that's interesting.

That makes it sound like he was specifically waiting for Kylie to return, rather than it being a random attack IMO......

So they didn't have her PIN number (bbm):

The only thing stolen from the Blackwood home on that afternoon was Kylie's credit card. It has never been recovered and holds the key to solving this crime.

On the afternoon of her death, August 1, 2013, Kylie Blackwood made an online purchase at home using a personal credit card.

Soon after she was murdered inside her house and her credit card was stolen by her killer.

Between 12.30pm and 2.30pm, that person made three attempts to withdraw cash from the Blackwood's account at an ATM located in Pakenham, but on each occasion the wrong pin number was entered

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/24197735/bank-blunder-hampers-murder-investigation/

I think it's weird that the credit card was the only thing stolen though, if the motive was robbery. Wouldn't they take other stuff they could pocket as well? And why would they come looking for her specifically??

It's a remarkably dumb thing to do -- I mean, who seriously thinks they can GUESS a pin number? Was he off his face on drugs?

And yeah, sounds like he loitered about waiting for a chance. Desperate meth head? The violence kinda fits as does the stupid ATM attempt.

It's a remarkably dumb thing to do -- I mean, who seriously thinks they can GUESS a pin number? Was he off his face on drugs?

And yeah, sounds like he loitered about waiting for a chance. Desperate meth head? The violence kinda fits as does the stupid ATM attempt.

The same thought was just running through my head, Ausgirl. It doesn't sound like he really had his wits about him. He stayed in the area for a couple of hours to try and make those transactions. But like you say Isis, why just take her credit card?

I'm thinking, if this is the case, he's not in his right senses anyway, has just committed a heinous attack, maybe he just grabbed the first thing he found and ran?

Maybe robbery wasn't his primary motive, too.

Did no-one notice a man covered in blood at that time of day? :waitasec:

Maybe his face is too well known to hock items so he needed cash? He felt she 'owed' him? :twocents:

I'm thinking, if this is the case, he's not in his right senses anyway, has just committed a heinous attack, maybe he just grabbed the first thing he found and ran?

Maybe robbery wasn't his primary motive, too.

Did no-one notice a man covered in blood at that time of day? :waitasec:

bbm. Unless someone else actually murdered her and this guy was the waiting accomplice in a car somewhere nearby? Then he's the one who went to the ATM?

Yep - am grasping at straws here!!:facepalm: Something still doesn't sit right with me.

If he was completely off his chops on drugs, wouldn't he be dishevelled and have blood spatter etc, as Ausgirl says ??

And if he wasn't covered in blood then he had his wits about him enough to clean up/change clothing......

And would a random attack by a meth-head happen like that? Would he 'stalk' the victim or place, like MSM reports?? Wouldn't he be a pure opportunist.....I doubt he'd wait around for a woman to come home just to steal one credit card. Wouldn't he just go off and try other houses??

Seems weird to me. JMO :moo:

Between 12.30pm and 2.30pm, that person made three attempts to withdraw cash from the Blackwood's account at an ATM located in Pakenham, but on each occasion the wrong pin number was entered.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/24197735/bank-blunder-hampers-murder-investigation/

So within the time frame of two hours three attempts were made. As most know, three attempts & you're out if it's the wrong pin#. Sounds like he must have thought he had the correct number.

And where was he when not at the ATM during those two hours.

So within the time frame of two hours three attempts were made. As most know, three attempts & you're out if it's the wrong pin#. Sounds like he must have thought he had the correct number.

And where was he when not at the ATM during those two hours.

Good point - where was he during those two hours? Did he live nearby so just ducked home?

Seems so weird that he would hang around for two hours after killing someone? And to try the ATM in their actual suburb???!! Wouldn't you drive somewhere else?

All very odd......

So this video from Channel 7 makes it seem like she had bought something online with her credit card and then it was laying by the computer when she was killed. They said she made a purchase in the 'afternoon' - and we know now he started trying to use the ATM at 12.30 - so I assume she had just completed that when he came in.

So maybe, as in the video dramatisation here, the killer just grabbed the card as it was laying there in open view. Maybe he didn't rifle through her purse and take only one credit card. That makes more sense to me - I felt the taking of the credit card was opportunistic, rather than the main goal. JMO

And maybe he forced her to tell him her PIN and she gave him a fake one.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/24197989/critical-mistake-leaves-killer-free/

I wonder if this mysterious 'third man' (reported in an article here from Sept 19th, 2013) is the ATM guy??

A new person of interest, the third sought in relation to the investigation, was seen near the Eagle Drive shops wearing black pants and a black hoodie shortly after Ms Blackwood's death.

He is described as about 177 centimetres tall, of medium build, with a muscular torso.

Witnesses saw him walking along The Avenue from the direction of the Eagle Drive shops, possibly carrying a brown paper bag.

"This is a separate person again," said homicide squad Detective Senior Sergeant David Snare.

"We'd like to speak to that person just in case he may be able to assist us with our inquiries. He may be a witness, he may have just been walking down the street and have no knowledge of it. But we need to find out who he is and speak to him."

Early inquiries into Ms Blackwood's death were hampered because two different men wearing striped tops were seen near the home on the day of the murder and police believed they were looking for one man.

The coincidence cost the investigation about two weeks, Sergeant Snare said.

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/1787217/blackwood-investigators-search-for-third-man/

So police quietly believe that greed was the motive for Kylie's murder ... and yet only one credit card was opportunistically taken ... nothing else. Kylie always seemed to be wearing jewellery in her photos. So where does the greed come in .. life insurance?

"Publicly, police have not spoken about the motivation for Kylie's murder - privately though, they have always believed this was a crime that came from greed.

The only thing stolen from the Blackwood home on that afternoon was Kylie's credit card."

:facepalm:

omg, that could have been an ID...:facepalm:

interesting - the perp had the pin number.

did he torture her for it, or did he know it already..

Good point regarding man at ATM must have had her PIN number!

:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back