Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

MBFB PAGE UPDATE:

"""""It’s Wednesday 7th May 1997

Mum had two blood tests at the Queensland Medical Laboratory (QML) pathology centre. One was a Liver Function Test (LFT) item #66211 where six or more elements were requested. This is the highest amount of different elements in the LFT category. Mum also had a hormone and hormone binding proteins test item # 66413 and the request was for five items. This test can be used to detect testosterone, oestrogen, cortisol, and thyroid levels.

Mums doctor gave a statement to the inquest stating quote

“In 1996 and 1997 Dr. ‍⚕️ worked at Southport Park medical center in Southport Queensland and saw Marion as a patient on a number of occasions. Marion had multiple concerns. She reported that her hair was thinning. She was having hot flushes and she was getting symptoms, perhaps to tribute to anxiety or feeling stressed. Dr ‍⚕️ stated that Marion was attributing the symptoms to changes being implemented at TSS. She talked at great length about the Gonski concept and how it was going to change the system for the better but without his clinical records he was unable to be more precise about Marion’s medical status, Dr ‍⚕️ indicated that he wasn’t aware if Southport Park was still maintaining their handwritten records (at the time of him being interviewed in August 2019 (only took 22 years!).
Marion never spoke to Dr ‍⚕️ about problems in her family life, traveling overseas or wanting a lifestyle change. She did mention having a misunderstanding, or perhaps people not comprehending her style of teaching and was facing some antagonism from her colleagues. Marion spoke about the dynamics at work not being right. Records reflect that Dr ‍⚕️ Last saw Marion on 13 June 1997. He surmised that it was likely that appointment was made to discuss test results that he ordered around that time Dr ‍⚕️ conducted only consultations with Marion and he did not conduct any actual procedures. Dr ‍⚕️ clarified that Medicare code 0023 reflects a standard consultation where is 0036 reflects a longer consultation likely to discuss results and alike”.

I would like to note that the Gonski Concept was not introduced until February 20, 2012! 5 years after my mum disappeared…. Yet another massive problem when police do not act accordingly and do not interview key people in a missing persons case!""""""

MBFB PAGE UPDATE:

"""""It’s Wednesday 7th May 1997

Mum had two blood tests at the Queensland Medical Laboratory (QML) pathology centre. One was a Liver Function Test (LFT) item #66211 where six or more elements were requested. This is the highest amount of different elements in the LFT category. Mum also had a hormone and hormone binding proteins test item # 66413 and the request was for five items. This test can be used to detect testosterone, oestrogen, cortisol, and thyroid levels.

Mums doctor gave a statement to the inquest stating quote

“In 1996 and 1997 Dr. ‍⚕️ worked at Southport Park medical center in Southport Queensland and saw Marion as a patient on a number of occasions. Marion had multiple concerns. She reported that her hair was thinning. She was having hot flushes and she was getting symptoms, perhaps to tribute to anxiety or feeling stressed. Dr ‍⚕️ stated that Marion was attributing the symptoms to changes being implemented at TSS. She talked at great length about the Gonski concept and how it was going to change the system for the better but without his clinical records he was unable to be more precise about Marion’s medical status, Dr ‍⚕️ indicated that he wasn’t aware if Southport Park was still maintaining their handwritten records (at the time of him being interviewed in August 2019 (only took 22 years!).
Marion never spoke to Dr ‍⚕️ about problems in her family life, traveling overseas or wanting a lifestyle change. She did mention having a misunderstanding, or perhaps people not comprehending her style of teaching and was facing some antagonism from her colleagues. Marion spoke about the dynamics at work not being right. Records reflect that Dr ‍⚕️ Last saw Marion on 13 June 1997. He surmised that it was likely that appointment was made to discuss test results that he ordered around that time Dr ‍⚕️ conducted only consultations with Marion and he did not conduct any actual procedures. Dr ‍⚕️ clarified that Medicare code 0023 reflects a standard consultation where is 0036 reflects a longer consultation likely to discuss results and alike”.

I would like to note that the Gonski Concept was not introduced until February 20, 2012! 5 years after my mum disappeared…. Yet another massive problem when police do not act accordingly and do not interview key people in a missing persons case!""""""
Correct me if I’m wrong but in the UK I believe medical records are held for a period 10 years after death. I don’t know the rules in Australia but as Marion’s death was only officially confirmed recently did they not hold onto all her medical records?

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the UK I believe medical records are held for a period 10 years after death. I don’t know the rules in Australia but as Marion’s death was only officially confirmed recently did they not hold onto all her medical records?
I think it might be only 7 years from the date of the last contact in Australia?

I think it might be only 7 years from the date of the last contact in Australia?
For private medical practices/clinics, that appears to be the case, but I seem to remember SL mentioning that Medicare records are kept a lot longer. With the death cert, SL would be able to access all of Marion’s Medicare records including details on the Grafton optometrist visit. Hopefully the application for access to Marion’s full Medicare records plus her income tax returns is progressing smoothly.

“ She talked at great length about the Gonski concept and how it was going to change the system for the better but without his clinical records he was unable to be more precise about Marion’s medical status....."

SL. : I would like to note that the Gonski Concept was not introduced until February 20, 2012! 5 years after my mum disappeared…. Yet another massive problem when police do not act accordingly and do not interview key people in a missing persons case!""
I find it difficult to believe MB Dr stating she was referring to the Gonski concept in schools back then and believe he was mixed up with it being such a long time before being interviewed.
Theres just no way this would have been discussed by teachers yrs before when it wasnt even implemented in the Education system in 1996/ 1997

Another debacle by QLD and NSW police not doing their job back in 1997 IMO.

It was possibly more like Marion was thrilled about the introduction of the Year 2 Diagnostic Net & literacy and numeracy tests which was to begin in schools in 1996 along with non contact time and the reading recovery program.

How anyone was expected to know what anyone said 20+ years after the event was ridiculous

REPOSTING THE TIMELINE from the Website of SL - TO GET SOME CLARITY

IMO she must have stayed in Brisbane the night of the 15th and 16th

"Thursday the 15th of May 1997
Marion traveled to Brisbane and went to The Public Trustee to change her name via the deed poll process. She was now officially named Florabella Natalia Marion Remakel. There was no reason given. According to the statement completed by the clerk that signed Marion’s change of name by Deed Poll, she would have met with Marion, sighted photo identification, taken down details of how she wanted her name to change and arranged for this to be presented to the Registry of the Supreme Court of Queensland.

It is not known why Marion went all the way to Brisbane (twice), as there was a Public Trustee office in Southport, a two minute drive from TSS and her home. Also curious, is that she would have needed to provide a postal address in which the Public Trustee would have sent her the documents to be sent to her, where were they sent ? Unfortunately, the “client packet” where this address would have been noted has been destroyed. This would have also included any hand written notes taken by the clerk at the time of the interview, which may have contained the reason for her wanting to change her name. Again, too late.

This decision by Marion started a chain of events in rapid fire over the coming days.

***(Marion kept her original name with her banks, superannuation, Medicare, Teacher’s registration board, ATO etc)

Friday 16th May 1997

It’s a big day for ticking boxes

Firstly, mum goes to Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads and gets a brand new Queensland Drivers Licence in the name:

Florabella Natalaia Marion Remakel

*Branch not known*

Two things of note : Natalia is misspelt with an additional "A" as above and her gender is noted as MALE.

Mum then goes to see her dentist, Raymond Walduck, at the Queensland Teachers Union Health Society "Health Hub" in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. Raymond witnesses her new passport application in her new identity and indicates having known her for three years but he told the court he didn’t remember signing her passport application and it was more than likely his secretary confirmed mum was a patient of his and he just signed it.

We assume Mum used her birth certificate in the name Marion Wilson plus the new QLD Drivers Licence, new International Drivers Licence and the Deed Poll document as proof of identity for her new passport.

Her busy day ends when she meets up with her sister Bron to attend the afternoon matinee of opera La Boheme at the Lyric Theatre in South Brisbane.

"Of La Boheme, Puccini once said that his success came from putting "great sorrows in little souls." His operas tell us that at some point in their lives, people everywhere, in all walks of life, endure the same trials: love and envy, loss and heartbreak, loneliness and sadness, disappointment and desperation. That's especially true in La Boheme, a story set among struggling artists in the Latin Quarter of Paris."
Bruce Scott, NPR

Makes you wonder how mum must have been feeling at this moment in time. She’s officially changed her identity to a name so rare only one other person in Australia had the same name, which also just happened to be the same initials and turns out this was fraudulent.

Did mum confide in her sister Bronwyn in this moment in time? Guess we will never know…

***( What address was used for the new license ??? GDD was also asked to get an International Drivers License by AH - He also used the initials of the real FR when he stole the ID in 1988 to obtain a International DL in that name so he could then obtain an Aust Qld DL - he knows the drill )

17 - 18 MAY 1997
After the attended the opera, Mum and Bronwen went up to my Gran & Papa‘s home at Moffat Beach - ( Sunshine Coast ) for Papa’s birthday celebration and to help Gran. Mum was terribly upset reports Bronwen. “Marion told me at this time about having been betrayed by someone at TSS Marion didn’t stipulate who had betrayed her or what it was they had done. Marion was really upset and crying in relation to the betrayal, she felt that the person should have been reported , I didn’t ask her who it was, but she wouldn’t tell me. Marion had an aid that she was quite close to TSS. I felt it was the aid that betrayed her”.

Bronwen believes that she went overseas because “her whole world was falling apart she was heartbroken” Bronwyn stated that Marion told her she was going away for a few years and wouldn’t be in contact with anyone. This information is quite contradictory to everybody else in their evidence.

*** ( TSS - WHY and WHO was this that betrayed Marion in regard to this school - was it AH himself who set the wheels in motion as a way to get Marion completely away from all that she knew and loved? The teacher aide was also involved with a religion that is similar to other religion's brought up in this case - MB told SL that her and AH met through a mutual friend at the GC Arts Centre - I wonder if AH or DdeH knew the T Aide through a religion connection ?? )

Monday, 19 May 1997
Mum, transferred her Honda Civic breeze with rego 382 CSQ to me as a ‘gift’ as confirmed on the transfer document we now. It was agreed-upon that I would try and sell my car and I would keep the Honda and transfer mum the money once my car had sold. Part of that agreement was it if I didn’t sell my car in the time was away I would simply look after the Honda Civic and maintain it until she came back."

** ( So there is no way in the world Marion was upset with SL for not putting the car money into the bank - we all know this was AH's doing - so that brings us back to the bank - he had to have known one or two of the bank staff....)

JMO

What are the NSW Police doing in regard to him being arrested !

I look forward to the day that someones posts up he is now in prison and an investigation has launched into his wife!
That’s a question I would love answered in full by NSW Police.

I realise not relevant to Marion’s case but I’m currently watching The Jinx Part 2. Robert Durst was finally convicted of murder at the age of 78. He had even managed previously to be found not guilty of murder in Texas when confessing to killing a man and dismembering him!!

It just goes to show that some perpetrators can go onto to live an almost full & free life due to Police incompetence and inaction. Blum’s comment to himself when not realising the Police cameras were still on was similar to that of Durst’s unguarded confession when not realising the mic was still on. NSW Police even blew that golden opportunity.

Just read Sally Leydon's latest timeline for Marin on her website. Marion's FNMR passport had 'Nil' for emergency contact. Who would do that, knowing you are about to go to the other side of the world? Still not convinced this name change/new passport thing was meant to be anything permanent.

If you are wanting an insight into what happens after a Coroner’s inquest, listen to a podcast recorded by "The Front" titled "Hedley Thomas' New Coldcase Podcast: Bronwyn". Very interesting from 15 minutes onwards, but worth listening to entire interview.

What are the NSW Police doing in regard to him being arrested !

I look forward to the day that someones posts up he is now in prison and an investigation has launched into his wife!
At this rate, other countries might get in before Australia. At the very least he should have to answer to immigration department in Australia. Then there is Centrelink and lying to the Coroner too. All in my opinion.

At this rate, other countries might get in before Australia. At the very least he should have to answer to immigration department in Australia. Then there is Centrelink and lying to the Coroner too. All in my opinion.
Agree. And scarey to think he can still travel freely. Unless we’re not privy to info. Unbelievable.

Robert Hendy-Freegard​

The Puppet Master
Multiple aliases

His whole life reads as a blueprint on AH

Freegard started his career as a barman and car salesman.
He met his victims on social occasions or as customers in the pub or car dealership where he worked. Having met the victims, he claimed to be an undercover agent, working for MI5, the Special Branch or for Scotland Yard. He applied pressure and psychological stress to his victims, claiming they were threatened with assassination by the IRA, to coerce them into following his demands.

Having won his victims over, he coerced money out of them and pressured them to do his bidding, by asking them to: cut off contact with their family and friends; perform "loyalty tests"; and live alone in poor conditions. He seduced five women, claiming that he wanted to marry them. Initially some of the victims refused to cooperate with the police because he had warned them that police would be double agents or MI5 agents performing another "loyalty test".

Robert Hendy-Freegard​

The Puppet Master
Multiple aliases

His whole life reads as a blueprint on AH

Freegard started his career as a barman and car salesman.
He met his victims on social occasions or as customers in the pub or car dealership where he worked. Having met the victims, he claimed to be an undercover agent, working for MI5, the Special Branch or for Scotland Yard. He applied pressure and psychological stress to his victims, claiming they were threatened with assassination by the IRA, to coerce them into following his demands.

Having won his victims over, he coerced money out of them and pressured them to do his bidding, by asking them to: cut off contact with their family and friends; perform "loyalty tests"; and live alone in poor conditions. He seduced five women, claiming that he wanted to marry them. Initially some of the victims refused to cooperate with the police because he had warned them that police would be double agents or MI5 agents performing another "loyalty test".
And of course according to MC Aka told her he was a Special Agent working for the British Embassy in Luxembourg. It does make you wonder how many victims he tried it on with this not uncommon conman tactic?

That's good news for Australia and bad news for everywhere else!
But then they would have to try and extradite him back to Australia if a trial for murder begins.
More time wasted. Best to have him right here spending the rest of his pathetic days with a noose around his neck.

Hmmmmmmm What do we have here.

Declaring bankruptcy before high tailing it to an island in the Pacific ?

AUGUST 1970
What are the odds this is another business of his / theirs ?

Those cars sound very familiar to me :cool: along with the various building supplies - The "Robert Coppenolle" business that was found some time back reminds me of this :cool:

Note the address...

And am I interpreting this correctly?
MADAM MARIA COPPENOLLE - sailors and customs ?

Where was he mid 1970 -
He says he has lost his WW passport and applies for a new one under brothers name of Fredy David ready to set sail to the golden opportunity land for criminals - Australia
Between Feb 1970 and Nov 1970 he applies for an Australian visa and books a boat voyage on the Chusan, departing January 1971 with his Australian Visa granted November 70, for a "3 month stay".
It's too bad the note doesn't list explicitly which objects belong to which company. If we assume that it goes chronologically, then Maria's auctioned items are “modern couches and chairs” and maybe the typewriter, the cash register and the sewing machine, after the stuff from the hardware store (wheelbarrows etc.) and before the stuff from the sporting goods store (bathing suits etc.) Interesting find.
I'm back to this. Something is still ringing bells with this.

The names within this write up, Leroy, Peeters, Heyndrinckx are also associated with AH from previous searchings.

Is this just another coincidence :cool:

Wondering if we could get a full translation please @DerZuschauer if you have time.
Or @Carovb5 If you have time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back