Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

It sounds to me that perhaps the father had bullied them all for years and at least emotionally abused them if not physically. I wonder if they could be suffering from extreme Complex Post Traumatic Disorder, depression and anxiety as a result. By the way, it is usually the eldest child who suffers the most.

"Post traumatic stress disorder with psychotic features' Some health professionals and researchers think that some people who have PTSD can develop symptoms of psychosis but do not meet the diagnostic criteria for a mental illness such as schizophrenia."

http://www.mentalhealthcare.org.uk/post_traumatic_stress_disorder_and_psychosis

The mother might have decided she had had enough and said she needed a holiday and was planning to take the children with her on a holiday without him. Perhaps with the idea of never coming back. She told him that he could stay and look after the farm perhaps with Mitch who does not appear to have suffered like the others being the male who might also know how to handle his father. The father then explodes and says you are not going anywhere without me!

When I first read about this family I found it odd that the daughters still lived at home at their age, then I thought it was sweet and now I don't know what to think?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think that once this story falls out of the limelight and we forget about it, we'll see this family name return to the news with a less savory outcome.

I think that once this story falls out of the limelight and we forget about it, we'll see this family name return to the news with a less savory outcome.

What's your theory on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone finally got to their breaking point. I'm sure it'll happen again, with possibly.... probably more planning involved.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/very...atter-stay-in-the-family-20160906-gr9psm.html

The comments on this article are much better than the (admonishing of the public) article itself.
We will learn soon enough.
OT but I can't help but comment on the Sydney Morning Herald website being SMH(Shaking My Head).
http://www.smh.com.au/national/very...atter-stay-in-the-family-20160906-gr9psm.html

The comments on this article are much better than the (admonishing of the public) article itself.
We will learn soon enough.

OT but I can't help but comment on the Sydney Morning Herald website being SMH(Shaking My Head).

OT, But when someone first posted a link from SMH, I totally thought it was going to be tabloid. Shaking my head is the first thing I thought of, too! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

OT, But when someone first posted a link from SMH, I totally thought it was going to be tabloid. Shaking my head is the first thing I thought of, too! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Ikr

That article is so ridiculously ironic - they are fanning the flames of some dying embers to write another article people are obviously interested in reading. I don't agree that they owe us an explanation but I also don't think that people should be admonished for being interested .. "live and let live", they get to ask for police help and media coverage for their missing parents without saying boo about it once it is resolved, and we get to chat about it and wonder what went on. I agree with the comment that someone left that we are interested in these kind of stories because they help us learn. Chris Johnston and Tammy Mills have a bit of cheek, making a living off these people's experience and claiming other people's interest is out of line.

March 6, 2017:

EXCLUSIVE - As if NOTHING had ever happened: Tromp family are all back working on the family farm after members had a bizarre 'shared delusion' road trip - as all charges against daughter are dropped

Ella Tromp, 22, allegedly stole a car during a bizarre off-grid road trip in August

Police withdraw all charges against the youngest of the Tromp children

The Tromp children followed their mother and 'delusional' father on the road trip

The family split up withing the first 24 hours- the children leaving their parents

A manhunt was sparked after the children went to NSW police with concerns

Riana Tromp was found in Goulburn in a catatonic state after splitting from Ella

Jacoba was found on the side of the road in Yass after splitting from Mark

Mark was found in Wangaratta six days after he set off on the bizarre road trip

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4284496/Tromp-family-normal-bizarre-trip.html#ixzz4ajaNXp6z

Thanks for posting this Elainera! I totally forgot about this one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back