GUILTY Australia - Michelle Leng, 25, found slain in Snapper Point blowhole, NSW, Apr 2016

Oops, I think I got my terminology the wrong way around. With defense I meant the team acting for Michelle and her family.

I agree with you that I think the motive was sex. He could have been lusting after her for years especially as he had married an older woman who may not have been as available as he wanted. He could have become depressed since he was retrenched, had plenty of time on his own and being nagged to get a job. He also could have become addicted to *advertiser censored* then to violent *advertiser censored* and wanted to put his fantasies into action. He may have been on ice over that weekend too. My guess is that she was still a virgin as it was said she had never had a boyfriend. I am not so sure she was dating online on a dating website. I think that could have been what he told the aunt. I think he could have put up a fake Facebook profile and befriended her there using some blonde guy's photo.

University student Michelle Leng was stripped naked, bound and gagged when she was allegedly stabbed 30 times by her uncle and dumped in a blowhole on the NSW Central Coast, a court has heard.

Derek Barrett, 27, faced Burwood Local Court today accused of Ms Leng’s murder, along with a host of new charges, including child *advertiser censored*.

Her cousin is believed to have come to the home at some point that day, unaware Ms Leng was being held upstairs, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Photos of Ms Leng naked with duct tape across her mouth and wrists were found on a mobile phone linked to Barrett, police allege.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...and-bound-in-nsw-blowhole#f8VQJULVuGlr0R18.99

He drove to the central coast and visited relatives BEFORE disposing the body?? This guy is nuts!!!

Barrett is accused of driving to the NSW Central Coast, where he visited relatives, before disposing of Ms Leng’s body at the Snapper Point blowhole, in Lake Munmorah national park, early on Sunday, April 24.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...and-bound-in-nsw-blowhole#VWvcuryltlZtQxOA.99

So what did he do to that poor girl in those two days? What a piece of filth!

It appears her cousin came home on Friday, April 22, unaware that Ms Leng was being kept captive and bound upstairs.

CCTV captured a car driving into the national park at 7am on Sunday, April 24. Ms Leng's body was found at 10.30am that day.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/uni-stude...ged-murder-20160628-gpu0qk.html#ixzz4Cw8bIu8I
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

What a truly disgusting man Barrett is. Michelle must have been terrified!

There seems to be a very strong case against him and he even filmed some of his nasty crimes so hopefully he gets a nice, long sentence.

Questions for me now are:

1. What was the time of death?

2. When exactly did her aunt arrive home?

3. How did he get the body out of the unit without anyone seeing or hearing him? and when?

I predict that he must have done all this on the Friday night and got the body in the car then or at least before the aunt got home on the Saturday. He must have then told the aunt that he was going to visit or stay with relatives on the Saturday night. .

"The victim is clearly alive at the time the image was taken," police allege in a statement of facts.

"The facial expression show by the victim ... is of fear and terror.

"The duct tape and white cloth that is around her mouth also appears to be in place to restrict her from shouting or screaming out."

According to the police allegations, Mr Barrett recorded himself setting up the camera in the bathroom, hidden behind toiletries, before Ms Leng came in.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/fear-and-t...29-gpui0a.html

This case was supposed to go back to court on August 10 but I cannot find a media article on it.

Mr Whitby said previously that Mr Barrett had not been coping well with incarceration, and had been “very upset, shocked” and “not finding the Sydney Police Centre particularly attractive” after his arrest in May."
from the above article
gee, he does not find the jail particularly attractive, of course we all feel for him! Murderers should be housed in a condo, with harbour views...
rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Whitby said previously that Mr Barrett had not been coping well with incarceration, and had been “very upset, shocked” and “not finding the Sydney Police Centre particularly attractive” after his arrest in May."
from the above article
gee, he does not find the jail particularly attractive, of course we all feel for him! Murderers should be housed in a condo, with harbour views...
rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least four men who skated on murder/manslaughter convictions IMO during the past few years are living coastal lifestyles. The law is a (f)ars(c)e.

Just recapping on the charges:

Derek Barrett is facing a further 27 charges of indecency, kidnap and filming private parts without consent, after detectives allegedly found images on Mr Barrett’s phone of him masturbating over her as she slept.

Barrett faced Burwood Local Court on Wednesday where detectives laid the extra charges including five counts of committing an act of indecency, 17 acts of filming a person’s private parts without consent and two counts of installing a device to film.

Police will allege they discovered images of a naked Ms Leng, with her wrists tied and tape across her mouth, Fairfax reported.

The images were found on a mobile phone linked to Barrett. He is also accused of taking images of a sleeping child, as well as masturbating over the child and Ms Leng.

Michelle had been stabbed more than 30 times and also sustained defensive wounds.

Other images allegedly show him filming her showering in the Campsie home they shared with her aunt, and Ms Leng, naked, bound and gagged on her bed.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...s/news-story/e531893f4d5e901249660165a9a38547

December 2016

But at a brief hearing at Burwood Local Court this week, Mr Whitby said Mr Barrett’s move to Silverwater had not improved his conditions.

He told Burwood magistrate Jacqueline Trad that Mr Barrett’s case would be delayed by Silverwater prison’s cancellation of a psychiatric examination of the accused.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...e/news-story/2f174fffdd6caaac8dc29740f3c34075

I am wondering when this case will proceed to trial.

Revealed: Michelle Leng’s terrifying last hours before her uncle brutally murdered her

IN the hours before her uncle murdered her, Michelle Leng lay alive naked, bound, gagged and terrified on her bed as he filmed her with his phone.

The images of Ms Leng show black duct tape and a white cloth around her mouth, and an expression of “fear and terror” on her face.

It was Friday, April 22, 2016 and although she was running out of time before she would be brutally stabbed to death, it was days before her body would be found.

At some point while she was still alive but restrained in her bedroom inside her aunt’s Campsie unit in western Sydney, Ms Leng’s cousin arrived home downstairs.

Last Wednesday , this fat loser pleaded guilty to murdering MeiMei.... wasting taxpayers money,court time adding to the grief of her family, holding out for a year, complaining about his conditions in remand .... a life sentence should be mandatory, life without parole........ none of this out in 12 years nonsense...... you can never predict in NSW courts just what will go down, though.. .. locked away for ever is my hope, realistic or not...

Mother of murdered student Mengmei Leng begs judge to sentence Derek Barrett to life in jail
ABC News
BY LUCY MCNALLY
UPDATED 24 MINUTES AGO (as at 12:56 AEDT 13 December 2017)

‘The mother of a Chinese university student murdered by her uncle in Sydney has urged a judge to give her killer life in jail.’

‘Forensic psychologist Dr Richard Furst also gave evidence and found Barrett to be mentally fit to enter a plea.

The court heard Barrett told police he could not remember much about the hours before he killed Ms Leng, because he was smoking ice and "out of it the whole time".

But Dr Furst said ice did not generally cause memory loss, particularly at the levels the killer said he was using at the time.

"His actions are all purposeful from the killing to the disposal of the body," he said.

The psychologist also rejected Barrett's claim he was not sexually attracted to the victim.’

Read more at:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ges-judge-to-sentence-barrett-to-jail/9254880

DB deserves nothing less than a life sentence. What a nasty piece of work he is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softtaillover