MISTRIAL Australia - Myrna Nilsson, 57, murdered, Valley View, SA, 30 Sept 2016

I really don't know what to think in this case - sometimes I think the DIL obviously did it, sometimes I don't. But a tragedy for all concerned anyway. How easy is it to tie yourself up?

I wonder if grandma/mil died from a heart attack.
On that same breath I do feel suspicious about the dil. Not sure why. Just doesn't feel right. Some how.
I do hope everyone involved is found and dealt with. Those poor children.

Caroline Nilsson To Go On Trial Again For Alleged Murder Of Mother-In-Law Myrna At Adelaide Home

"An Adelaide woman accused of murdering her mother-in-law, in an incident allegedly documented on a smartwatch, will go on trial again after previous prosecutions ended in mistrial and a hung jury.

South Australia's Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Martin Hinton will run another trial for murder accused Caroline Dela Rose Nilsson, after a Supreme Court jury failed to reach a verdict.

The jury deliberated for almost 40 hours, over five days, trying to decide whether the 29-year-old was guilty of murdering her mother-in-law Myrna Nilsson before staging a home invasion at their Valley View home in 2016.

But the jurors could not reach agreement and a mistrial was declared.

The Supreme Court this morning listed another eight-week trial for August next year."

Thanks Major. So we've got another long wait ahead of us. Better for the children, I suppose.

Also, I must say that I would find it completely understandable for the daughter-in-law to be unhappy living with the victim. If what I've read is correct, they were apparently paying a huge amount of rent for the privilege, so much so that they were never going to be able to afford to buy. Might have been some emotional blackmail happening, IMO. JMO.

Caroline Dela Rose Nilsson was today acquitted of murdering her motherinlaw Myrna Nilsson. However the jury was unable to reach a verdict on manslaughter. I just read it on the abc news online. I really must learn how to link.

Caroline Nilsson found not guilty of murdering mother-in-law after smart watch case retrial

An Adelaide woman accused of murdering her mother-in-law and then staging a fake home invasion has been acquitted by a Supreme Court jury.

After hearing evidence over six weeks, and three days of deliberations, the jury found 30-year-old Caroline Dela Rose Nilsson not guilty of murder.

The jury was unable to reach a verdict on the charge of manslaughter.

Ms Nilsson remains on home detention bail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple
Back