Australia- Nine people stabbed including 9 month baby @ the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction, suspect fatally shot, Sydney, 13 April 2024

<modsnip - quoted post was not an approved source>

Ash was a friend of a Sky News anchor.

New mother Ash Good among six killed in Bondi Junction attack

b.jpg

Sky News anchor Laura Jayes, who was a friend of Ms Good’s, described her as a “beautiful, beautiful girl, inside and out”.
“She was so smart, and an athlete, and so clever,” Jayes said.
“She saved her baby tonight.”

“She had the world at her feet.
“She was so smart, so beautiful and it was all ripped away in seconds.”

Last edited:
This Guardian editor was actually there, and was one of the first to interview other survivors. I hope she has good support - sounds like a mix of complete confusion and panic and slipping into her reporter role on autopilot.

Another eye witness who sheltered around fifty people in the luggage store he was supervisor of. He witnessed multiple victims stabbed, including two security guards. He also recounted the courage of a nurse who demanded to be let out of the shop, at her own risk, to try and assist the victims.

Yes, I think there would be many women that time of day. Add to that, if he wanted a lot of victims, he'd go after the most vulnerable. If he went after a male his size he'd be the more vulnerable one---and he seemed to run away from the males who did try to confront him.

I think he was a coward as he began his attacks upon a woman holding an infant. He is disgusting, imo. Why doesn't he pick on someone his own size?
... Or how about he puts the damn knife down and doesn't feel the need to pick on anyone? The guy is mentally insane casually strolling around a shopping centre with that thing. I doubt he cared whether it was a woman, man or child, but nobody deserves it equally.

I hope all of Ash Goods family were informed before the news outlets went to her insta and stole her private images to stick all over the news.

All just seems quite tacky and feels like it’s a race to name victims for views/clicks instead of thinking about her loved ones and giving enough time for her family to make sure all the extended family also know.

IMO

By Rick Rycroft The Associated Press
''SYDNEY (AP) — A man stabbed six people to death at a busy Sydney shopping center Saturday before he was fatally shot, police said, with hundreds fleeing the chaotic scene, many weeping as they carried their children. Eight people, including a 9-month-old, were injured.
The 40-year-old was stopped in the knifing attack at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction, which is in the city’s eastern suburbs, when a police inspector shot him after he turned and raised a knife, New South Wales Assistant Police Commissioner Anthony Cooke told reporters.''
1713020753735.png
  • ''Six people have been killed in a mass stabbing at a busy shopping center in Sydney, Australian police said. A nine-month-old baby is among several others being treated in hospital.
  • The attacker, who police said acted alone, was shot dead at the scene by a lone officer. Australia's Prime Minister Anthony Albanese called the officer a hero, saying "no doubt that she saved lives through her action."
  • The attack triggered panic, sending shoppers streaming from the Westfield Bondi Junction shopping mall. Witnesses described hiding at the back of shops during the mid-afternoon attack.
  • The motive of the attack is unclear, but police are investigating and said early signs suggest it was not terror-related. Mass casualty incidents are rare in Australia.''

Last edited:
My mum is the world's biggest Bondi Rescue fan.

This guy is one of the lifeguards on the show. He risks his life every day... just usually in the water. Surf lifesavers in Australia are highly trained in emergency first aid.

The hero and the zero, imo.
1713022478034.png
''Australia’s Prime Minster Anthony Albanese praised the bravery of the lone female police officer for entering the mall “by herself” and killing the suspect before he could cause any more harm to innocent civilians.
“She is certainly a hero. There is no doubt that she saved lives,” Albanese said.''

It was a heck of a day for news media doing their shopping. This article says two SBS people were also survivors - one a news presenter, one from SBS Audio's Italian programme.

I think his outfit was too pricey for a homeless person.

imo
Really one never knows. In my home city people give brand new high priced coats, tents, clothes. Same homeless person could be in rags one day and brand new clothes another. I think someone had mention authorities mentioned "rough sleeping," which is UK/Aus slang for someone sleeping other than in a home. I do not have any facts on this perp.

"The hero cop

who gunned down Sydney knifeman

already decorated for her exemplary service.

1713032345465.png

Insp Amy Scott
(second from the left)
was recognised for her courage while stationed as a sergeant in 2019.

In 2019, she was recognised at the Rotary Club Police Officer of the Year Award Ceremony
and received the prize for

Demonstrated Courage and Devotion to Duty."

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members