Australia Australia - Owen Redman, 25, Brunswick, Vic, 21 Feb 1991

Is this thread still active?

If anyone can help me find my brother I would appreciate it....I will buy the person responsible for reuniting me with my brother a very expensive bottle of Australian wine....

Hello Dylan, and welcome.

Would you happen to know your brother's shoe size? According to the NamUS page, Grateful Doe wore an 11 1/2 US, which would be an Australian size 11. He had large feet for an average height man.

I wish you luck.

Hi
My brother, Owen Redman, has been missing since 1991 and despite my efforts and those of missing persons I have been unable to find him.

I want to find Owen simply because he is my big brother and I miss having him in my life more than you can imagine. I have no ulterior motive for finding him except that I love my brother and I need to get some closure as to whether he is alive and that he is ok. If someone locates him and Owen doesn't wish to reconnect with me I can deal with that in time but the thing that hurts the most is just not knowing what has become of Owen.

There was a post about him on this forum a few years back which I recently found here:

Possible match Australia - Owen Redman, 25, Brunswick, Victoria, Feb 1991 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't know if anyone can help me but I am doing everything I can to find Owen, please message me if you have any suggestions. He may have changed his name and would most likely not be on Facebook

I don't know what else to say...

Dylan Redman

Welcome Dylan,

The people here at Websleuths are wonderful, kind and passionate about the work that they do.....

Please tell us as much as you can about your brother so we can help you search. Do you think he could have come to the States or Canada?

Hi Findowen,
I'm kind of new to sleuthing myself so I don't know what to suggest. Did you ever see Salem's questions in the thread (quote at the end of my post)? If you get in touch with the mods they can verify you as an insider I believe. That will help members use what you say to do some research without having to fear being misled.

My own suggestions are to get the story out... I didn't see anything in that thread, no media links or anything, that tell us more about the disappearance than the Doe Network link. If there's any links to articles or newspaper scans from the time that could give people more info and background and if you have anything you'd like us to investigate like certain rumours then that could give people more material to search. Keep in mind the forum rules though, I believe if you're verified you can post more details without MSM sources too.

As for me, I wonder if there's any possibility that his partner had a fight with him that day. JMO. The DN link says he could have gone to an Aboriginal settlement or cattle station, did LE ever follow up on that. Do you have any likely places among those he could have gone to or routes he would have taken?

I sent the following email to the findowen person (says it is his younger brother). I could not get into Websleuths at the time, because of all the Caylee activity, but that's a different story. Hopefully we will hear back from him soon.

Hi Owen's Brother: I am so sorry to hear that your brother has been missing all these years. I am a member of an internet website that works to identify unidentified people and helps to find the missing, among other things. The website is www.websleuths.com Within this website are many threads where posters put their brains and sleuthing abilities together to resolve many outstanding cases. These cases are generally based in the United States.

I have a couple questions about your brother, if you don't mind and can answer them:

1. What is the possibility he came to the U.S.?
2. Did your brother follow the Grateful Dead band? Would he have maybe attended a concert if he got the chance?
3. Have you searched Facebook to see if he is a member there? Have you searched under the name Owen Moore?
4. Does Owen have any tatoos that you are aware of?
5. What type of work did Owen do? His missing page says he worked for Green Peace, but can you tell in what capacity he worked?

You should be able to follow the links to our website. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Sincerely,

Salem

Also - when searching Facebook - I found an Owen Moore in Chicago that could possibly be this person. I do not have a facebook account, but my son let's me use his to cruise around :) I did not send a friend request to Mr. Moore, because I was not quite sure what to say and would prefer to hear back from the brother first.

If anyone does have a facebook account and would like to help follow up on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Salem

It says that Owens eyes are blue, is that accurate?

Hi
My brother, Owen Redman, has been missing since 1991 and despite my efforts and those of missing persons I have been unable to find him.

I want to find Owen simply because he is my big brother and I miss having him in my life more than you can imagine. I have no ulterior motive for finding him except that I love my brother and I need to get some closure as to whether he is alive and that he is ok. If someone locates him and Owen doesn't wish to reconnect with me I can deal with that in time but the thing that hurts the most is just not knowing what has become of Owen.

There was a post about him on this forum a few years back which I recently found here:

Possible match Australia - Owen Redman, 25, Brunswick, Victoria, Feb 1991 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't know if anyone can help me but I am doing everything I can to find Owen, please message me if you have any suggestions. He may have changed his name and would most likely not be on Facebook

I don't know what else to say...

Dylan Redman

Dylan, I am so sorry for the situation with your brother.

The folder in which this thread is located is concerned with identifying a young man killed in an auto accident in the US in 1995. He was not carrying identification and no one else involved in the accident could identify him. Detailed information about him can be found here:

https://identifyus.org/cases/6095

Please let us know if there are any similarities between the young man and Owen.

Even if Owen is completely unrelated to the unidentified man, Websleuths is a fantastic resource for you. There are lots of people here who love nothing more than working with families like yours to find answers to questions about their missing loved ones. Don't hesitate to post here, or feel free to send me a message by clicking on my name and I can point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to you.

Hi
Sorry I am so slow in replying.
My brother had hazel eyes which could appear blueish as mine do.

He didn't have any tattoos at the time that I knew him but he was rather bohemian and into grungy music so it is possible that he would have tats now.

His shoe size would have been around a US 9 or 10 as he was not tall or big. He was rather lean and slight in build.

I don't think that he would have been likely to travel to the USA as he never really expressed interest in North America...but I guess nothing should be ruled out.

He often demonstrated a desire to change his identity and could quite possibly just changed his name and moved to another state of Australia. He was upset that his relationship broke down and was perhaps looking for a new start.

Please email me at drummerbloke@gmail.com if you have questions

Dylan Redman

Hi Dylan - fellow Melbournian here. I am so sorry about your brother and hope he is somewhere safe.

Melbourne was my stomping ground in 1991 and I went to see bands all over the map here. I wonder if Owen and I ever crossed paths. Everyone had long hair back then, it seems. Did he know anyone well in the metal scene at the time? Band members? I have a lot of contacts with those people, still. Maybe somebody knows something.. we were a pretty tight crowd.

I understand it might be easier to email, but there's a lot of resourceful people here and some may not prefer to give out private info. I usually don't, for Aussie cases, or to anyone but official agencies really. So would it be okay to answer questions here, too?

Let me know, I can always make a special email for you. But honestly, sharing info here is a great way to tap into WS's resources. We are a resourceful bunch!

Did anything happen here? Has Owen been ruled out?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...ick-23-years-ago/story-fnglenug-1227018302174

Reported missing in February 1991, Owen, then 24, did not collect his pay from Greenpeace, left behind his contact lens cleaning kit — which he was “fanatical” about having with him — and took nothing else but the clothes he was wearing at the time.

His younger brother, Dylan, has spent much of the past 23 years searching for Owen, but to no avail...

Sen-Constable Bound said that for the first time, the Coroner had requested a brief outlining the case. She expected the inquest to take place in 2015.

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindOwen

I am so intrigued by this Grateful Dead guy, i only just discovered it today and have spent all the time i havent been at work reading posts. Was owen ever ruled out, i feel so sad for his brother looking for him for so long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back