Australia Australia - Peter Jones, shot 1994, quadriplegic 17 years, died 2011

Hi Peter's Sister and welcome to Websleuths! Nice to have you on board.

Right across Australia, mainly due to huge advancements in technology, there's some outstanding work being done by police on cold cases and they're achieving excellent results.

Hold tight to hope that justice will be found for your brother!

Marly is quite right there. More than 30 years ago, a girl I knew and liked was murdered, aged just 16. Well, they finally got the guy just this year (the year my own daughter turned 16). I was so absolutely thrilled to see her family get justice, but it was terribly hard on them at the same time - same thing that's happening for you, Peter's sister, the years don't make much difference to the sorrow...

Thousand of people pass through this site every day. Some threads are slower than others, but if we just keep posting every now and then, putting out links and info, even just a thread 'bump'. there's always hope someone who can help in a tangible way will read it and be moved to phone it on.

I really hope that happens for Peter's family, wherever the call comes from.

Ok so this looks to be one of the first reports about the case....

Copied from Trove...

Back-yard shooting

Monday 10 October, 1994

SYDNEY: Police have issued the name of a man who was shot twice in the backyard of his home near Lake Macquarie, south of Newcastle, on Saturday night.

Peter Jones, 27, of Teralba, was in a critical condition in hospital last night.

Mr Jones was at home on Saturday night when the electricity went off about 9pm. When he went into the backyard to investigate, he was shot in the neck and upper arm by a man wearing a balaclava.

Newcastle homicide squad detectives are investigating.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/118290538?searchTerm=peter jones Teralba&searchLimits=sortby=dateDesc

Bumping up this thread for Peter's Sister....our new verified insider :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back