Australia Australia - Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, Canadian, Snowy Mtns, NSW, 13 May 2013

Prabhdeep Srawn - Family Appeal for Support
•Jun 2, 2013

Hi dotr - Remember when appeal at the time was so strong and and the urgency was real.
So much happened over the years following and then, as like with many other Missing Persons Cases, the Coroners report was released and it just seemed it finalised much of the search.
The search might have ended but the need to find the missing never does.
Thanks for including the clip dotr. Good to see you here.

March 3 2020
Behind the scenes of the Illawarra's most incredible police rescues
''Sgt Walsh also assisted in developing a geographical mapping software over the past three years, which will be implemented in the Queensland Police Force.

One of the biggest land searches Sgt Walsh was for missing Canadian bushwalker Prabhdeep Srawn in the Snowy Mountains in 2013.

"It was one of my first big search and rescues," he said. "It was a massive, multi-national search that went over three months.

"Our role was to co-ordinate search areas which is done by trying to predict that missing person's behaviour.

"We ask, where would they go based on their mindset, their knowledge, the terrain, tracks and we use clues such as where they have searched on the internet.

"We think about what they have done to make themselves get lost.

"We were coping international pressure to find him but unfortunately he was never located.

"It was brilliant to be involved in a search of that scale. As the coroner ruled, there really wasn't anything we could have done better."

The Illawarra squad has about a 90 per cent success rate of finding missing people, who often get lost near the Mount Keira Ring Track or off Macquarie Pass.

He said his biggest bugbear was not finding people for their families.''

Every year when summer comes I think of this young man. I keep hoping that the warm weather will reveal his resting place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back