GUILTY Australia - Robert, 66, & Cheryl Adamson, 60, murdered, Murrumbeena, Vic, 19 Feb 2014

Hi Xantara!:seeya:

Is it the son's car? I couldn't find that detail in MSM - I've only read 'a white 4WD', but no specifics on whose it was.......(but I may well have missed it!!:blushing:)

Police also removed two computer hard drives from the house on Omama Road in Murrumbeena, not far from Chadstone shopping centre, and towed a four-wheel drive vehicle believed to be owned by the couple's son from the property.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ll-at-large-20140220-331v5.html#ixzz2tqrKIdV5

Hi Xantara!:seeya:

Is it the son's car? I couldn't find that detail in MSM - I've only read 'a white 4WD', but no specifics on whose it was.......(but I may well have missed it!!:blushing:)

Isisrising, it says in video at below link that neighbours said the vehicle (white nissan patrol that was taken away) belongs to the Adamson's son. It also says in video that earlier today friends turned up to take the family pets into their care so hopefully that are going to be ok. Always so sad when precious pets are left behind. :(

I wonder why the son isn't looking after the pets when he lives at home?.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/21580316/couple-killed-in-melbourne-home/

I was thinking about the guns too. A couple of reasons could be he was a gun collector, or shooting was a hobby. I did a quick search to see if I could find his name associated with a shooting range/club, but no luck. Given they were registered to the father, I'd say they are probably above board.

And another thought on the guns - if this was a robbery gone wrong by an experienced criminal, those guns would not have been left in the house.

there seems to be a lot more said in msm about the son than the daughter, I guess as the son was living there....

Exactly. Why not give the cats to the son then? Jmo but it sounds a bit weird that the police are putting so much emphasis on the son as not being a suspect. The actions being taken in the investigation almost belie that in some way. Perhaps they don't want to make any suggestions due to lack of evidence and want to see if someone out there might give them a lead? Again Jmo but if the son supposedly wasn't there for just the two nights around the murders, then why tow his car? It kind of also sounds weird how for someone who lives there just happened to not be there around that time. .. If it's not the son then it could have been someone with knowledge that he wasn't there? Just doesn't sound like a totally random act of violence to me. Jmo.

The other point that msm keeps making is that there appeared to be no signs of forced entry. Kind of suggests the killer was known to them. As for those firearms. Even if they were registered. There were so many of them!!! Jmo but not sure to what extent they had anything to do with the murder motive. No one had stolen them from the house....

The other point that msm keeps making is that there appeared to be no signs of forced entry. Kind of suggests the killer was known to them. As for those firearms. Even if they were registered. There were so many of them!!! Jmo but not sure to what extent they had anything to do with the murder motive. No one had stolen them from the house....

Exactly. Have they determined time of death? Were they in bed? Those of you that live in Australia, would they sleep with their doors unlocked in that neighborhood? Their older home looks very charming. Just guessing the neighborhood is as well. Obviously they loved it there if they had lived in the same house for 40 years.

Exactly. Have they determined time of death? Were they in bed? Those of you Aussie's, would they sleep with their doors unlocked in that neighborhood? Their older home looks very charming. Just guessing the neighborhood is as well. Obviously they loved it there if they had lived in the same house for 40 years.

Good question re locked doors! It depends on how rural their property was, I would say. I haven't had a chance to check where they are on a map yet.....

But yes, people in rural areas do tend to leave their doors and cars unlocked. We've just moved from a rural area in NSW where our front door didn't lock at all. And nobody I knew locked their houses. (the area was not in the middle of nowhere though - not in the outback or anything. It was in the Northern Rivers with lots of people scattered around through the hills)

Plus, maybe if they'd lived in the same place for 40 years they felt very safe there (as you would!). JMO.

Good question re locked doors! It depends on how rural their property was, I would say. I haven't had a chance to check where they are on a map yet.....

But yes, people in rural areas do tend to leave their doors and cars unlocked. We've just moved from a rural area in NSW where our front door didn't lock at all. And nobody I knew locked their houses. (the area was not in the middle of nowhere though - not in the outback or anything. It was in the Northern Rivers with lots of people scattered around through the hills)

Plus, maybe if they'd lived in the same place for 40 years they felt very safe there (as you would!). JMO.

I just Googled their address 30 Omama Road. Lovely neighborhood, well groomed, park across the street. Right along the right side of their house is a green belt with a walking path and their house is on the corner with a back drive.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x6ad66a40f360f305:0x1c9038c67a2275dc

I just Googled their address 30 Omama Road. Lovely neighborhood, well groomed, park across the street. Right along the right side of their house is a green belt with a walking path and their house is on the corner with a back drive.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x6ad66a40f360f305:0x1c9038c67a2275dc

Thanks for that link!:seeya: I'm in a rush as have to go to work so was going to look it up later!

Okay, so that looks very suburban rather than rural. It would be unlikely they'd leave the doors unlocked in a place like that IMO.

I thought they might live on a rural property because of all the guns!!! But obviously not.

The first thing I noticed about this case was the fact they said there was no obvious sign of forced entry, so it sounds like the murderer is known by the couple.

Re: guns. I believe it could be a hobby. I work with a man who has a few guns and goes to a shooting range with these. Also, could some of them be passed down from his father/grandfather and he keeps them for memories etc..

For a work collegue to go around when Cheryl hasn't shown for work just after a few hours makes me wonder if Cheryl had concern or worries about someone they knew? I know if I was late for work I'd probably have a few missed calls and that's about it.

I've also noticed news reports state the police have said 'their son is not a suspect at this point in time.'

Not being in Melbourne are the news reports warning residents to lock their doors etc?

:
Exactly. Have they determined time of death? Were they in bed? Those of you that live in Australia, would they sleep with their doors unlocked in that neighborhood? Their older home looks very charming. Just guessing the neighborhood is as well. Obviously they loved it there if they had lived in the same house for 40 years.

There's an article saying Robert was found at the back of the house. I havent read where Cheryl was found. Very sad indeed.

I think there is a serial killer operating in Melbourne.

I dont know enough about this case to say it's part of the pattern but these are also very low risk victims like the others.

No, you would not sleep with your doors unlocked in or near Melbourne. It's a big city with big city crime. Doubly so if you have guns - properly securing them is part of the responsibility of owning them.

As far as towing the sons car, that means NOTHING. Naturally the closest are the first ones to be investigated so not taking his car or computer would be missing a huge step in the process.

They have to exclude the close ones and that means forensic examinations of cars, computers, fingerprints etc.

I think there is a serial killer operating in Melbourne.

I dont know enough about this case to say it's part of the pattern but these are also very low risk victims like the others.

No, you would not sleep with your doors unlocked in or near Melbourne. It's a big city with big city crime. Doubly so if you have guns - properly securing them is part of the responsibility of owning them.

As far as towing the sons car, that means NOTHING. Naturally the closest are the first ones to be investigated so not taking his car or computer would be missing a huge step in the process.

They have to exclude the close ones and that means forensic examinations of cars, computers, fingerprints etc.

Serial Killer in Melbourne? I have family there I must mention this to them. :scared:

Thanks Sapphire

The first thing I noticed about this case was the fact they said there was no obvious sign of forced entry, so it sounds like the murderer is known by the couple.

Re: guns. I believe it could be a hobby. I work with a man who has a few guns and goes to a shooting range with these. Also, could some of them be passed down from his father/grandfather and he keeps them for memories etc..

For a work collegue to go around when Cheryl hasn't shown for work just after a few hours makes me wonder if Cheryl had concern or worries about someone they knew? I know if I was late for work I'd probably have a few missed calls and that's about it.

I've also noticed news reports state the police have said 'their son is not a suspect at this point in time.'

Not being in Melbourne are the news reports warning residents to lock their doors etc?

BBM
Yes, that is a very good point! When had someone spoke to them last?
They were found in the back of the house. I am just taking a guess but in an older home I would think that is either the kitchen, bathroom or a bedroom. If it is the bedroom in the middle of the night, assuming they lock their doors, then no forced entry is pretty telling. Their house is somewhat secluded with a fence and quite a few plants so from the street view it is a little hard to see the house from the front but the side of the house is fairly visible. There is a tall fence in the back and little to no yard.

BBM
Yes, that is a very good point! When had someone spoke to them last?
They were found in the back of the house. I am just taking a guess but in an older home I would think that is either the kitchen, bathroom or a bedroom. If it is the bedroom in the middle of the night, assuming they lock their doors, then no forced entry is pretty telling. Their house is somewhat secluded with a fence and quite a few plants so from the street view it is a little hard to see the house from the front but the side of the house is fairly visible. There is a tall fence in the back and little to no yard.

Neighbour Ted Fentiman said he last spoke to Robert on Tuesday after walking his dog.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/21580316/couple-killed-in-melbourne-home/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back