Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same article i linked
(quote)
DEBBIE KILROY: Oh, of course there's a better way. We need to spend the resources, allocate the resources to support mothers and their children, not spend hundreds of thousands of millions of dollars of taxpayers' money on removing children and putting them in foster care, because we know the tragic ending of Tiahleigh's life, which is just horrific, is the end of the spectrum of what happens to children in foster care.

And we know that the children that we work with in (inaudible) have had horrific experiences in foster care. You know, they're moved from foster family to foster family. They've been violated in every form.

And you know, the trauma of that and the acting out from that: eventually no foster family wants them, so they're placed in residential care programs, which the state funds.

Interestingly, most of the kids I worked with were placed straight into Ressy Homes. And I worked with mannnnny kids. Unless a foster family has adults who are specially trained and very experienced working with kids who have severe trauma, significant mental health issues and are/could be self-harmers ~ foster care was bypassed and these kids were placed in Ressy homes. i do know that there was a rumour a few years ago that there was going to be more Ressy homes made available (due to a shortage of foster families) and that these new homes were going to be built to go into lock-down at certain times of the day. Not sure if this has happened as I moved on from these homes about 10 years ago...

That would be horrific beyond words. I feel terrible for her, she's being ripped apart on social media.

How awful. She needs to be where she receives love & support not the social media garbage IMO. Wonder if she has been in touch with Compassionate Friends chapter in her state? Some wonderful bereaved parents where she would receive lots of support and caring.
I was a member of TCF years ago when my son was tragically killed and don't know how i would of coped without them.

Please continue here for Tiahleigh.

This thread will close in 10 minutes.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads