GUILTY Australia - Twins Lily & Zaide, 18 mos, starved to death, Brisbane, 8 June 2008

August 09, 2013

On Monday, the twins' father, 33, was excused from the hearing after Justice Lyons ruled he had no case to answer on a charge of murder.

Mr Byrne said he would accept the man's guilty plea to manslaughter, made alongside the mother on July 24.

The decision, which could not be revealed by The Courier-Mail until now, came after an application to the court by barrister Greg McGuire a week ago.

Justice Lyons indicated the mother would be sentenced on Thursday.

The father would be sentenced at a date to be fixed.

Both were remanded in custody.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...-to-manslaughter/story-fnii5v6w-1226693738787

And why couldn't she be named? I am all for naming and shaming people like this so when they leave prison no one goes near them to possibly impregnate them again!

Those poor little babies!!

I am especially concerned for the 11 year old sister that found them,that is something that could scar you for life especially at such a young age.

I hope the other four children are cared for as they should be now

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Josie...not naming them is usually done to protect the other children in the family.

August 15, 2013

THE mother of twin toddlers who died of malnutrition will be eligible for parole from today after a Supreme Court Judge sentenced her to eight years jail for each child's death

The woman, 35, sighed with relief as Brisbane Supreme Court Justice Peter Lyons took into account five years she had already served in custody since her arrest in 2008.

The Courier-Mail understands it will be a number of months before the woman would be released from jail at the discretion of the parole board.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/natio...ay/story-fnii5v6w-1226697725060#ixzz2c0xwCcte

so... that's 2 x 8 years = 16 years - 5 years in custody = parole
I wish the tax department worked this way.

so... that's 2 x 8 years = 16 years - 5 years in custody = parole
I wish the tax department worked this way.

The father has yet to be sentenced.

The sister of the twins asked for them to be played with more and fed more.

marlywings said:
THE father of twin toddlers who both starved to death while he drank and their mother played computer games has been sentenced to eight years behind bars.

I heard this on the radio today as I pulled into the driveway.
8 years.
And they cant release his name.
It is so sad.
Computer games and drinking. How does this become more important until it takes the lives of two babies :(
Prayers for the siblings too. They have lost a little brother and sister.
:rose:

8 years seriously? this makes me so mad

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Father of twins that died from malnutrition will be eligible for parole in march 2017. #court #qld

Rae Wilson (@RaeWilson78)
16/09/13 3:16 PM

The father's excuse... "

FOR months before his twin toddlers starved to death, their father walked past their closed bedroom door a half-dozen times a day

With six children under 11 to care for, and a household to run, the mother was struggling to cope.

"I thought she was just chasing attention . . . always whinging and crying," he later told police.

His partner began neglecting herself and the housework.

He was still angry at his ex-partner for what occurred, blaming her for being "lazy".

He had lost his licence for drink-driving and could no longer drop his children at school.

As for the twins' father, he has since remarried, to a woman who has two children of her own.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...r-on-twins-lives/story-e6frg6nf-1226720524577

His name is suppressed for legal reasons. To his new wife... #winning. Oh and don't forget what happens to crying people. Ignored until death!

Both parents are to blame for this! The father deserves everything he is getting in the media and more, but the mother should be copping it too!

The woman says she's depressed, which seems likely from what we know, but a man who drinks heavily, is disengaged from his family & children, self destructive & irresponsible behaviour (loss of licence) is an *advertiser censored**hole? A male might not want to face the fact that they were struggling, but from what I have read on this case he was not mentally well either! They were both negligent. They both failed to look after these babies. They had family around, asking questions, both of them should have reached out if they couldn't cope. Pride aside, it resulted in the deaths of two children. She knew that by underfeeding them she was slowly killing them. He knew something was wrong. So many chances they had to save these babies and they didn't.

I am glad they both got the same sentence (I would have sentenced them to quadriple that but that's another rant).

RIP babies.

I agree both parents are to blame!! The MSM article I posted seemed biased in favour of a respectable hard working man caught up in a situation out of his control.

I wonder if the sentence would have been longer if audio and video of a child in the process of starvation was shown in court. I know PETA could provide images and video of animal cruelty. Why not in court?

I also can not either understand that a non-custodial father should have ANY sympathy when their child died in circumstances of long standing 'low level' abuse by the mother.

Cry me a river but I would do anything. It seems that once parents hate each other the father and or mother gets a clear pass.

It is surprising that he served any time as he was 'non custodial'. Hello. But they lived in your house handsome!

Moo.

8 years. 8 years for killing two little babies. I can't understand that. I hate the judges in Australia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back