Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

Thanks for posting. An another thing I like about this thread is that new faces come up. Thanks KT!!

"Even though you have presented as a docile, forlorn and at times rather pathetic character sitting there in the dock these past months, it is obvious that you are a man with a very serious anger management issue, and equally obvious that you have violent and obsessional sexual preoccupations, which you have amply demonstrated you are capable of acting out, all of which makes you a very dangerous person, especially to the young women who you consistently have sought out via the internet to accompany them on their various travels."

BBM. Judge Kelly rocks!!!

Thanks for posting. An another thing I like about this thread is that new faces come up. Thanks KT!!

"Even though you have presented as a docile, forlorn and at times rather pathetic character sitting there in the dock these past months, it is obvious that you are a man with a very serious anger management issue, and equally obvious that you have violent and obsessional sexual preoccupations, which you have amply demonstrated you are capable of acting out, all of which makes you a very dangerous person, especially to the young women who you consistently have sought out via the internet to accompany them on their various travels."

BBM. Judge Kelly rocks!!!

So many parellels to Ivan Milan.
He certainly injured his victims. If he hadn't killed before he was a prime candidate to become a serial killer.

Please understand I mean this in the nicest possible way.

Its fantastic to see a woman with spine on the bench.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 33
Just read about this case today and came here and read from page 1. Wow. For such a brutal crime(s) there are some serious heroes. Sure glad RH was caught when he was, or there would definitely be more victims in his future.

He went to back to Germany with his second (German born) wife in the 90's, they had to leave because he badly assaulted some teenagers and was looking at jail time. He left first to get out of the country, the wife followed later after their house (in Germany) was sold. Told to me by his now deceased brother, we used to play poker tournaments together.

He went to back to Germany with his second (German born) wife in the 90's, they had to leave because he badly assaulted some teenagers and was looking at jail time. He left first to get out of the country, the wife followed later after their house (in Germany) was sold. Told to me by his now deceased brother, we used to play poker tournaments together.
Welcome Dave

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 August 2018

Roman Heinze’s challenge to his conviction and 22-year prison sentence has been escalated directly to the state’s highest court for determination.

On Monday, Supreme Court Justice David Peek opted not to hear argument on whether Heinze should have permission to go before the Court of Criminal Appeal. Instead, he said that decision was best made by a three-judge panel of the Full Court — and that those judges would decide the merits of the appeal itself at the same time.

The ruling means Heinze’s case skips over the first leg of the appeal process entirely. The three judges will decide not only whether the conviction was correct but also whether his prison term is excessive.

Former District Court judge Marie Shaw QC told the court she would now be acting for Heinze. Justice Peek deemed it appropriate to refer both the application for permission to appeal, and the appeal itself, to the Full Court hearings in September.

Ms Shaw and prosecutor Jim Pearce QC have been ordered to file written outlines of their arguments ahead of those hearings.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...l/news-story/f998ba992eff004eb525f2e163ccc948

Why is Heinze getting special treatment? It will be interesting to hear their arguments, I'm sure there will be outrage if his sentence is reduced or if the guilty verdict is overturned! This will make international news!

Louise Bell murder: Dieter Pfennig's lawyer puts forward Salt Creek attacker connection
ABC News
BY COURT REPORTER REBECCA OPIE
UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO (as at 14:56 AEST 15 September 2017)

'The Court of Criminal Appeal has heard claims the man convicted over the Salt Creek backpacker attacks could be connected to the murder of Adelaide schoolgirl Louise Bell in 1983.

Former school teacher Dieter Pfennig, now aged 69, was charged with Louise's murder in 2013 after advances in DNA technology linked him to the 10-year-old's pyjama top which was found on a neighbour's property.

On Friday Pfenning's counsel Paul Charman said they wanted access to the DNA profile of Roman Heinze, 61, who was jailed over a brutal attack on two foreign backpackers earlier this year.'

Read more at:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...nnected-louise-bell-murder-court-told/8948742

“Pfennig lived near the Bell house in the 1980s, but there is evidence that Heinze did as well — just not as close,” he said.

“One of the unknown contributors in the DNA had Germanic ancestry, and Heinze is of German descent.

“If one of those unknown people is Heinze, that’s evidence we could lead on an appeal as fresh evidence ... if he is identified, it would have to lead to acquittal for Pfennig.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...l/news-story/9d5a114b9d99e12a6931089aba3d43f8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Bohemian for this interesting news re Dieter Pfennig. Both first and second names are German.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfennig_(surname)

Pfennig Name Meaning German: variant of Pfenning.
https://www.ancestry.com.au/name-origin?surname=pfennig

It emerged during the trial that the 2 girls were the 14th and 15th backpackers that Heinze had targeted via the Gumtree website, and all but one were in their 20s and 30s.

Active paedophiles (as opposed to men who indulge their fantasies online) usually confine their activities to prepubescent children up to the age of 13, and Louise was 10.

I'm inclined to the view that Pfennig is guilty, but as he lived near Heinze (who also had Germanic ancestry), it's possible they were known to one another and Heinze assisted him in some way.

Just to add to the above, if Pfennig had a German wife, it's possible that he had her DNA or that of his children on his hands.

Thank you Bohemian for this interesting news re Dieter Pfennig. Both first and second names are German.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfennig_(surname)

Pfennig Name Meaning German: variant of Pfenning.
https://www.ancestry.com.au/name-origin?surname=pfennig

It emerged during the trial that the 2 girls were the 14th and 15th backpackers that Heinze had targeted via the Gumtree website, and all but one were in their 20s and 30s.

Active paedophiles (as opposed to men who indulge their fantasies online) usually confine their activities to prepubescent children up to the age of 13, and Louise was 10.

I'm inclined to the view that Pfennig is guilty, but as he lived near Heinze (who also had Germanic ancestry), it's possible they were known to one another and Heinze assisted him in some way.

My pleasure, Judge Judi. I think your summation is excellent and I agree!

These girls deserve every cent!

THE backpackers who survived cruel Salt Creek kidnapper Roman Heinze have won the right to tell their stories in lucrative paid TV interviews and show their faces publicly for the first time.

As revealed by The Advertiser on Monday, German tourist Lena Rabente and her Brazilian travelling partner asked the Supreme Court to lift longstanding suppressions on their identities.
In a hearing on Tuesday — and over the objections of Heinze — Justice Kelly agreed to lift the orders, paving the way for estimated six-figure exclusive interviews.
The Advertiser understands 60 Minutes has paid approximately $500,000 to secure their stories.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sout...09e958adeefb11

I agree, I am glad they can make significant money out of telling their story. I imagine they will have a lot of trauma to deal with and if the basics of life can be taken care of a bit, that is one less thing to worry about. "Stay strong" indeed, very brave women.

Heinze needs to take a seat, preferably in hell.

It's believed they want to be identified to be able to participate in paid television interviews, but no details were provided to the court.

Their application was opposed by counsel for Heinze who said his client was appealing both his conviction and sentence.

While Justice Kelly revoked a suppression order concealing their identities, an additional statutory provision remains in place protecting the identity of the Brazilian woman. Under South Australian law, her name or image can only be published if she gives permission.

Here's the courageous German, Lena Rabente.

German backpacker.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-...praved-salt-creek-attack-20170926-gypbhm.html

60 minutes is airing the story of both victims on Sunday night. Both victims are interviewed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back