Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do police really think hes still alive or is it just part of their
strategy? and hetty johnston today talking about never giving up and bringing him home, they say they have no proof hes dead, so is there proof hes alive? also why would his f/parents talk of packing his room away if theres still this optimism? we know so little!

strategy? and hetty johnston today talking about never giving up and bringing him home, they say they have no proof hes dead, so is there proof hes alive? also why would his f/parents talk of packing his room away if theres still this optimism? we know so little!

That's what I always wondered, are they going off of hope with saying there's no proof of death? It's been said so many times they're no closer to finding William, than the day he went missing, so how is there proof that he's alive?

They never actually packed his room up in that sense, during the renovations, the rooms were packed up & reset, Williams wasn't set back up because it was hard on them & probably confusing for LT.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/crime/the-boy-no-one-can-find-20289

1st published January 2015

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/03fb14d003bfb73d3c193b5f6731f74c

pulished September 2015

Just found these discrepancies in reporting, around Lydene Heslop's account of the morning WT disappeared, interesting. The 3 differences that stood out were, The FM was at the door with the FGM, then, in the later article, the FM was at the door with Anne-Maree Sharpley, who is a younger woman and I don't think would be mistaken for the FGM. There was the assumption made by me in the 2nd article that only one of LH's children was at home, which would have been usual, however the 1st article indicates that more than one child was there at the time. In the 1st article, when the FM tells LH that her son is missing, she estimates the time he's been gone to be around 25 minutes or so. That would make the time roughly 11 am that she knocked on LH's door. The 2nd article states that the FM knocked at 11.30 a.m.

“The mother and the grandmother were standing at the door. The mother said a little boy was missing, that he was playing in the backyard up the road and hadn’t been seen for about 25 minutes or so,” says Lydene.

Although I had doubts about the above statement, it is in quotation marks, attributing that comment to LH.

She said at 11.30am there was a knock on the door and it was Anne-Maree from up the road and William’s mother.

The quote from the following article seems to support the 2nd version of events.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3263140/kendall-stands-strong/

"A special thank you to Wendy who has been coordinating on our behalf. We know that as a group you have been with us from the very beginning, and in particular Lydene and Ann-Marie who gave up their time and went with me in looking for William when I first realised he was missing. Having you with me gave me strength.

To me 'no proof he's dead' is not the same as 'proof he's alive'. If they have no idea if he's alive or dead then it sounds like they have no idea whatsoever.

This is why it should go to Coronial inquiry IMO. I would not be remotely satisfied with 'well there's no proof he's dead so let's sit around and do next to nothing and assume he's alive' because it's highly unlikely that on the chance that he IS alive that he's being treated well.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

1st published January 2015

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/03fb14d003bfb73d3c193b5f6731f74c

pulished September 2015

Just found these discrepancies in reporting, around Lydene Heslop's account of the morning WT disappeared, interesting. The 3 differences that stood out were, The FM was at the door with the FGM, then, in the later article, the FM was at the door with Anne-Maree Sharpley, who is a younger woman and I don't think would be mistaken for the FGM. There was the assumption made by me in the 2nd article that only one of LH's children was at home, which would have been usual, however the 1st article indicates that more than one child was there at the time. In the 1st article, when the FM tells LH that her son is missing, she estimates the time he's been gone to be around 25 minutes or so. That would make the time roughly 11 am that she knocked on LH's door. The 2nd article states that the FM knocked at 11.30 a.m.

“The mother and the grandmother were standing at the door. The mother said a little boy was missing, that he was playing in the backyard up the road and hadn’t been seen for about 25 minutes or so,” says Lydene.

Although I had doubts about the above statement, it is in quotation marks, attributing that comment to LH.

She said at 11.30am there was a knock on the door and it was Anne-Maree from up the road and William’s mother.

The quote from the following article seems to support the 2nd version of events.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3263140/kendall-stands-strong/

"A special thank you to Wendy who has been coordinating on our behalf. We know that as a group you have been with us from the very beginning, and in particular Lydene and Ann-Marie who gave up their time and went with me in looking for William when I first realised he was missing. Having you with me gave me strength.

If the second report is correct, then FM and A-MS knocked on LH's door 20 minutes after police arrived (at 11:09am).

hetty johnston from bravehearts was on channel sevens early news today talking about williams birthday today and her never giving up and bringing this little boy home where he belongs, happy birthday little man wherever you are x

I can't find a link to that interview online, bb. Do you have one? I'd like to hear what Hetty Johnston said.

From the Women's Weekly article I get the impression that LH gave William's mother a bit of a brush-off initially. "She asked if I'd seen him, but of course, I was inside. I called out to my children, who were playing out the back, and asked if they'd seen him, but they hadn't . . . ." So perhaps William's mother returned later with the other neighbour for support and asked again, and that's when LH joined searching. It appears from the Daily Telegraph article that "of course, I was inside" was actually incorrect, as LH then says that at the time of William's disappearance she was unloading groceries from her car and had just driven in.

Perhaps one of the children is more or less grown up, and because of its age is sometimes referred to as a child and sometimes not. I can't quite make sense of their movements--whether either child accompanied LH shopping, for a start.

sorry no i dont have a link to hetty johnston talking about william, it was on sunday afternoon ch seven early edition news, she was speaking on behalf of bravehearts about it being his birthday and letting the public know they would never give up looking for him and bringing him home to his family where he belonged etc, my impression of what she was saying felt like she thought he was still alive but then maybe she meant dead or alive?
ill see if i can find the link

I would like to know what they're doing by way of searching for him. If they're taking people's money by way of merchandise and donations it must be publicly available information I'm assuming.

ETA this case and how it's been handled by all parties is really up my nose today. It might all come down to the information suppression and if so then my dissatisfaction is entirely with the bureaucracy that had enforced it.

From the Women's Weekly article I get the impression that LH gave William's mother a bit of a brush-off initially. "She asked if I'd seen him, but of course, I was inside. I called out to my children, who were playing out the back, and asked if they'd seen him, but they hadn't . . . ." So perhaps William's mother returned later with the other neighbour for support and asked again, and that's when LH joined searching. It appears from the Daily Telegraph article that "of course, I was inside" was actually incorrect, as LH then says that at the time of William's disappearance she was unloading groceries from her car and had just driven in.

Perhaps one of the children is more or less grown up, and because of its age is sometimes referred to as a child and sometimes not. I can't quite make sense of their movements--whether either child accompanied LH shopping, for a start.

“She asked if I’d seen him, but of course, I was inside. I called out to my children, who were playing out the back, and asked if they’d seen him, but they hadn’t and then all three of us started searching through the front yard, the side of the house and the backyard and the bush that borders the properties around here.

I didn't get that impression from the WW article.

From putting the 2 articles together I got the impression that in September 2014, LH had a pre school aged child at home and 1 or more kids at school, so I imagine the child went shopping with her that morning and 1 of the school aged children was at home that day from school as well for unknown reasons.

Lh seemed to arrive home from shopping and was unpacking the groceries from her car at 10.30, when WT disappeared. The FM knocked at her door at approx. 11.00 or 11.30 am MOO

hetty johnston from bravehearts was on channel sevens early news today talking about williams birthday today and her never giving up and bringing this little boy home where he belongs, happy birthday little man wherever you are x
BBM
Can't help feeling this phrase keeps trying to communicate to particular people. MOO

BBM
Can't help feeling this phrase keeps trying to communicate to particular people. MOO
You mean bios?
The thing is I just can't fathom them being that good at hiding him from the state's biggest taskforce for 18 months if it's them. Or if it's anyone named so far.

I don't actually think they have a clue, or why would there be nothing for 18 months?

Either a monstrous unknown predator is on the loose in NSW (which as a parent here does not make me happy) or something else happened and I just don't see what it could be given the resources that have been thrown at this case since day one.

As a NSW parent, resident and taxpayer I'm deeply dissatisfied with this case as a whole.

When I have travelled Benaroon drive on google earth, I do truly think a resident of that street would notice a vehicle coming into and travelling up the street. Although it's the google mobile coming up the street, you can see a number of people peering and noticing it as you go up the street including curtains moving from the first house on the corner, having a good old sticky beak. If someone was out doing their lawn that day and vehicles and the sounds of them went unnoticed even by neighbors who live close to the other end of the street bringing their shopping in, then I think the scenarios surrounding other residents in the neighborhood and the back path up to the cemetery should be given a closer look. MOO

For reference and comparison purposes:

The boy no one can find
The Australian Women's Weekly
by Michael Sheather
Apr 22, 2015

'In late 2014 The Weekly's Michael Sheather travelled to the town of Kendall where William went missing, to investigate why this case was like no other. He filed this report.

It was a knock at the door, but instinctively Lydene Heslop knew something was wrong.

It was so much more than just a knock,” recalls Lydene, a 36-year-old mother of two and volunteer bookkeeper for the local tennis club, on whose accounts she was working at time. “It was hard, insistent, a plea for help. Then I heard the voice of the woman who was knocking and I knew something awful had happened. It was a voice tinged with desperation.”

That voice belonged to the mother of a missing boy, William Tyrell, a three-year-old last seen wearing a blue and red Spiderman outfit, whose disappearance on September 12 last year has baffled NSW police and cast a dark and enduring pall over Kendall, a small and otherwise peaceful rural community on the NSW mid-North Coast.

“The mother and the grandmother were standing at the door. The mother said a little boy was missing, that he was playing in the backyard up the road and hadn’t been seen for about 25 minutes or so,” says Lydene. “She asked if I’d seen him, but of course, I was inside. I called out to my children, who were playing out the back, and asked if they’d seen him, but they hadn’t and then all three of us started searching through the front yard, the side of the house and the backyard and the bush that borders the properties around here.

“The mother had this haunted look on her face. I remember thinking that was how I would look if one of my children went missing. At one point, we all stopped to listen because he was only a little boy and if he was in the bush, then it wouldn’t have been long before he stopped and started crying. We didn’t hear a thing except the wind in the trees.”'

'Many more believe that he is alive, among them Lydene Heslop. “I think somebody out there has him and is caring for him,” she says. “It might be that he is disguised, maybe dressed up as a girl and living another life. I think they will find him, but it might take years.”'

Toddler William Tyrrell’s disappearance still haunts Kendall residents almost a year later
Lia Harris (in Kendall)
The Sunday Telegraph
September 6, 2015 9:19am

Lydene Heslop also had a hectic morning grocery shopping and was unloading bags from her car before taking them inside.

On that fateful morning of September 12 last year, chance and life conspired to ensure people who would normally have a bird’s-eye view as William and his sister played in the sunshine weren’t there.

Shortly after 10.30am, three-year-old William vanished.'

'At 10.35am on September 12, a number of people could have been expected to be there to stop William being taken.

Except on that day, at that time, they weren’t.'

'Another Benaroon Dr resident, Lydene Heslop, who lives further down the street, had been grocery shopping and *returned home minutes before William vanished.

She saw nothing out of the ordinary when she drove into the street and pulled into her driveway.

She said she was unloading groceries from her car when William was snatched sometime after 10.30am, just metres away from her home where her youngest child was inside.'

(Picture: Lindsay Moller. Lydene Heslop with her three children 9, 7, and 4, who lives on Benaroon Dr, now walks her children to the bus stop each morning since the disappearance of William Tyrrell.)

'She said at 11.30am there was a knock on the door and it was Anne-Maree from up the road and William’s mother.

“I didn’t hear anything, so if the person who took him came down Benaroon Dr, they did it without panicking or driving fast or taking off like an idiot, because I would’ve heard,” Ms Heslop said.

“That’s pretty good luck. Especially at 10.30am on a Friday when there should only be one kid on the street, which is mine.”'

You mean bios?
The thing is I just can't fathom them being that good at hiding him from the state's biggest taskforce for 18 months if it's them. Or if it's anyone named so far.

I don't actually think they have a clue, or why would there be nothing for 18 months?

Either a monstrous unknown predator is on the loose in NSW (which as a parent here does not make me happy) or something else happened and I just don't see what it could be given the resources that have been thrown at this case since day one.

As a NSW parent, resident and taxpayer I'm deeply dissatisfied with this case as a whole.

I honestly don't know who it could be pointed at, and I agree with your summation at how this could be with over 18 months scrutiny at particular people. It seems to me if this was a regular case, the rights of the victim of the crime would probably come before all else, barring the amount of resources financial and manpower could be thrown at it. It seems that WT's investigation may have been hindered by competing interests, e.g. government departments wanting to be shielded from public scrutiny, privacy for family
members, that is to ensure safety in a number of arenas but may well have made the police job harder by having lines of inquiry not open to them that may normally have been there. The imposition of these things has been at the expense of William, the citizens of Kendall, the FF who cannot defend themselves and the public who expect a level of transparency in their justice system, which is only suppressed apparently when it isn't in our interest to know. Possibly a petition put before the NSW govt. about this situation is warranted if there are enough citizens who really want justice for WT. I would also comment that the media silence about other POI's I would say is because of the BS case and there may still be heaps going on behind the scenes in that line of enquiry. MOO

if police believe hes still alive, there must be a clue to this than merely nothing to prove otherwise,
so do they believe hes with bio family and legalities/politics prevent them from using all their powers and just grabbing him back?
and theres no real urgency because hes reasonably safe?
could this be one of the reasons theres no reward?
is he being hidden in a network of family in australia or overseas?
who is this someone who knows something?

I suppose it was the grandmother's yard and so on the three began searching? Perhaps they weren't at the front door very long, she ran to get a coat or something while they went on ahead, and that's why she's not clear who came to the door. If they began searching LH's yards and surrounds I think she must have noticed who the third person was.

Maybe there was one visit at around 11:30 or a bit earlier, but LH was told that William had been missing for about twenty-five minutes, and that's why she thought that she'd been inside. Later it was clarified that the disappearance happened earlier, and she realized it was when she'd just driven in with the groceries.

if police believe hes still alive, there must be a clue to this than merely nothing to prove otherwise,
so do they believe hes with bio family and legalities/politics prevent them from using all their powers and just grabbing him back?
and theres no real urgency because hes reasonably safe?
could this be one of the reasons theres no reward?
is he being hidden in a network of family in australia or overseas?
who is this someone who knows something?
I would be more inclined to believe it was some kind of foster care related tussle (or that he was with known persons in some other circumstance) that didn't require public updates if they weren't fundraising and taking donations.

Eta also I'm irritated at this 'no evidence he's dead so we assume he's alive'. All that says to me is that they have no evidence either way. Nada, nothing, zilch. The kid has just vanished. If they have evidence then tell people what it IS so we know what to look for or be honest that after 18 months there is NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX