Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just watching a followup interview 60 minutes Michael Usher conducted with DCI Jubelin. The interview is conducted not long after Ushers interview with foster family. Usher asks DCI Jubelin about the approach by a man to an 11yo boy in a street just a few streets away from benaroon just one month before Williams abduction. The man had asked the boy if his mother was home.

Anyone know anything about this.

Its on youtube. Where is William update.

I am just watching a followup interview 60 minutes Michael Usher conducted with DCI Jubelin. The interview is conducted not long after Ushers interview with foster family. Usher asks DCI Jubelin about the approach by a man to an 11yo boy in a street just a few streets away from benaroon just one month before Williams abduction. The man had asked the boy if his mother was home.

Detective Jubelin gives his response in the video, nothing more reported in msn about that

Yes that was really odd. Why would they call 60 minutes to pass it on? Why not call the local police or crimestoppers a) when it happened or b) as soon as William went missing
imo

Where is William update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HNcCOob4Y

Yes that was really odd. Why would they call 60 minutes to pass it on? Why not call the local police or crimestoppers a) when it happened or b) as soon as William went missing
imo
A long time to sit on that info.

Still think Jubes has his man/men/woman in his sights and knows who they are . Without sounding cliched- when the time is right and he has all his dotted and crossed i’s and t’s he willl pounce. That day can’t come soon enough

Still think Jubes has his man/men/woman in his sights and knows who they are . Without sounding cliched- when the time is right and he has all his dotted and crossed i’s and t’s he willl pounce. That day can’t come soon enough

I agree ... Rosann has those of high priority in their sights.

Wonder what Rosann 2 is discovering?

Now here is something interesting. The group that started up GAPA in Port Macquarie are United Burnside. United Burnside just happen to be one of the non government accreditted agencies tgat FACS use for a particular postcode linked to foster parents. There are 10 such non govt agencies listed for that postcode area that provide fostering services. I now wonder which one the foster parents went though.

http://www.fosteringnsw.com.au/fost...stingfields[21]=2071&listingfields[25][]=noit oaste.

In 2006, Burnside staff and service users established a support group for grandparent kinship carers on the NSW mid-north coast, in partnership with the local branch of the Country Women’s Association. Named Grandparents as Parents Again (GAPA) this group has since become an independently run support group that maintains close ties with Burnside and is expanding to other parts of NSW.

I wonder when they became independent of United Burnside?

Grandparent Kinship Care in NSW - Parliament of Australia
https://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=df78cc8e-e521-4306-866e...

GAPA was formed in 2005 by Port Macquarie Evening Branch of the Country Women's Association and Uniting Care Burnside Hastings Family Support Centre.[/U]

https://www.wauchopegazette.com.au/story/3371930/setting-the-record-straight/

The United Burnside family support centre offers so many services, when I had a look at the Port Macquarie web page...one of which is foster care.
Wonder how long PB was president at GAPA?

In 2006, Burnside staff and service users established a support group for grandparent kinship carers on the NSW mid-north coast, in partnership with the local branch of the Country Women’s Association. Named Grandparents as Parents Again (GAPA) this group has since become an independently run support group that maintains close ties with Burnside and is expanding to other parts of NSW.

GAPA was formed in 2005 by Port Macquarie Evening Branch of the Country Women's Association and Uniting Care Burnside Hastings Family Support Centre.[/U]

The United Burnside family support centre offers so many services, when I had a look at the Port Macquarie web page...one of which is foster care.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/1012991/paul-bickfords-our-no1-senior-volunteer/

^ From article dated 17 November 2009 : "Paul Bickford's our No. 1 Senior Volunteer"

Mr Bickford was recently named the Mid-North Coast’s senior volunteer of the year in the NSW 2009 Volunteer of the Year awards.

President for two-and-a-half years of local group GAPA – Grandparents as Parents Again – his passion and commitment to helping other grandparents and families has been well acknowledged.

He also was at the forefront of opening a GAPA branch in Wauchope and another branch is in the pipeline for Taree early next year.

I've always been curious about Braveheart's placement of 2 x Where's William billboards just north of Taree. I wonder if it has any link to PB's "work in the pipeline" there?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...cific-highway-billboards-20150713-giarze.html

So, if Bickford was with GAPA since at least 2009, and the group did not vote on Working With Children Checks until 2013 .....

Sure left a number of years for unsavoury members to get their feet under the group's table, and liaise with each other, do whatever else the police have been investigating within the mentioned two grandparent support groups.

And, as soso's links indicate, FACS were very possibly not involved with the change of custody from parent to grandparent with some/many/all of these grandchildren. Seems that Family Court may be the most common avenue for arrangement of kinship care, not FACS.

GAPA was incorporated with nsw fair trading 5 10 2007 and cancelled 8 6 2016.

And Uniting Burnside is a branch of Uniting Church. Hope we dont have something like what has been connected to catholic churches in Australia.

Incorporating an organization removes legal responsibilities from individual members and tasks administrators with absolute duty of care and responsibility.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/1012991/paul-bickfords-our-no1-senior-volunteer/

^ From article dated 17 November 2009 : "Paul Bickford's our No. 1 Senior Volunteer"

I've always been curious about Braveheart's placement of 2 x Where's William billboards just north of Taree. I wonder if it has any link to PB's "work in the pipeline" there?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...cific-highway-billboards-20150713-giarze.html

If you look at the the road network on GE Taree is the perfect location for signage. Placed right where major inland routes branch off.

SoSo nice to see you following the yellow brick road i started a few days ago.

FACS as the NSW government department have oversight of processes and that is why they were involved in the supression order fight.

Family Court jurisdiction is a federal jurusdiction and decisions made there are relevant Australia wide. I believe that is why adoption processes are finalized in that court. whereas foster processes are controlled by the state.

The foster family purchased the spiderman suit in Bali and I doubt they would have taken William and his sister there whilst fostered re passport difficulties. From information via the FACS site foster parents are required to take respite breaks. I wonder where the children were placed during this time.

GAPA received a $15000 grant to run respite camps at the Bonny Doon convention centre. I really do wonder if Wiliam and his sister attended this camp.

The spiderman suit looks pretty new and fits well so I would say it was purchased sometime late 2013 early 2014.

Fm neighbour stated William had been seen at neighbourhood christmas celebrations in 2013 didnt they. Could the children have been with fgran and fpop on a break from the respite camp.

The foster family purchased the spiderman suit in Bali and I doubt they would have taken William and his sister there whilst fostered re passport difficulties. From information via the FACS site foster parents are required to take respite breaks. I wonder where the children were placed during this time.

GAPA received a $15000 grant to run respite camps at the Bonny Doon convention centre. I really do wonder if Wiliam and his sister attended this camp.

The spiderman suit looks pretty new and fits well so I would say it was purchased sometime late 2013 early 2014.

Fm neighbour stated William had been seen at neighbourhood christmas celebrations in 2013 didnt they. Could the children have been with fgran and fpop on a break from the respite camp.

As a foster carer recently, please can I inform you that:

1.- Overseas travel with the children in your care is encouraged! FaCS appreciate the opportunity this provides the child/ren and they take care of applying for the passport!! You just pay for the holiday and FaCS or the agency may even provide spending money or allowances!

2.- Respite is supported/encouraged if it is necessary-but certainly NOT a requirement at all! I don't think FaCs would traumatise a 2/3 yo child by sending them away to a "camp" for days/nights, away from the only parents they have ever known, away from their home, pets, toys etc..just to fulfill some "respite requirement". No, maybe respite where the case worker takes a child for a couple of hours while mum does Christmas shopping, but certainly not sending them away on some camp. Unless of course, the carers required respite, then another carer may be sought. But this would factor in many reasons, not some "requirement".
In 3 and a half years, I had no respite- though I didn't want it either.

MOO, as a registered foster carer!

imo

Where is William update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HNcCOob4Y

Reason could be they would know police are able to trace all contact with them. Contacting 60 minutes direct may have been a way around that in their mind.

Re dunbogun. DCI Jubelin clearly states during the 60 minutes followup interview that the public are not aware of all areas searched and mentioned 1000 plus searches. I would say dunbogun was well and truly turned over. Dont forget pedo Nichols lived there too.

As a foster carer recently, please can I inform you that:

1.- Overseas travel with the children in your care is encouraged! FaCS appreciate the opportunity this provides the child/ren and they take care of applying for the passport!! You just pay for the holiday and FaCS or the agency may even provide spending money or allowances!

2.- Respite is supported/encouraged if it is necessary-but certainly NOT a requirement at all! I don't think FaCs would traumatise a 2/3 yo child by sending them away to a "camp" for days/nights, away from the only parents they have ever known, away from their home, pets, toys etc..just to fulfill some "respite requirement". No, maybe respite where the case worker takes a child for a couple of hours while mum does Christmas shopping, but certainly not sending them away on some camp. Unless of course, the carers required respite, then another carer may be sought. But this would factor in many reasons, not some "requirement".
In 3 and a half years, I had no respite- though I didn't want it either.

MOO, as a registered foster carer!

I applaud you, Lou Lou. Many thanks to you for providing care to those that need it.

You sure kept that quiet for a long time. :)

I applaud you, Lou Lou. Many thanks to you for providing care to those that need it.

You sure kept that quiet for a long time. :)

Blah, don't do it anymore. Hardest decision in the world was deciding not to. Its been over a year that we stopped and I do believe we made the right decision. Just give respite for kids in my mob now.
But do know a few ins n outs of the system.... Looking after the lil fullas is the easy part... it's the system that makes it hard!
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member