Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a foster carer recently, please can I inform you that:

1.- Overseas travel with the children in your care is encouraged! FaCS appreciate the opportunity this provides the child/ren and they take care of applying for the passport!! You just pay for the holiday and FaCS or the agency may even provide spending money or allowances!

2.- Respite is supported/encouraged if it is necessary-but certainly NOT a requirement at all! I don't think FaCs would traumatise a 2/3 yo child by sending them away to a "camp" for days/nights, away from the only parents they have ever known, away from their home, pets, toys etc..just to fulfill some "respite requirement". No, maybe respite where the case worker takes a child for a couple of hours while mum does Christmas shopping, but certainly not sending them away on some camp. Unless of course, the carers required respite, then another carer may be sought. But this would factor in many reasons, not some "requirement".
In 3 and a half years, I had no respite- though I didn't want it either.

MOO, as a registered foster carer!

I am just going on what is available via the FACS site. There has never been a hint the children themselves were in Bali. Perhaps the chidren spent quality time with fgran and fpop.

May i ask is you are elsewhere than nsw because rules will be different

I am getting my info re fostering through:
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=foster+care+agencies+nsw&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=X4WsWrbOKefs8we4y7H4BQ

then from there to here:

http://www.fosteringnsw.com.au/fost...listingfields[21]=2071&listingfields[25][]=no

I put in a certain postcode 2071 and get here:

http://www.fosteringnsw.com.au/fost...listingfields[21]=2071&listingfields[25][]=no

and just found this in this very interesting bit of info:

Uniting Burnside have offices in Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour and Dubbo.
Mr Spedding has connected himself to those 3 areas. there is a photograph in google images that shows mr and mrs spedding in front of the coffs harbour tourist sign. He used to run a 2nd hand furniture business in dubbo in same street that Uniting Burnside have there office located and as we know he has a connection to Port Macquarie.

Yes, akin to a coffee shop and school assembly.
Not the same or as flimsy as having a drug dealer as his alibi, although it worked for Daniel Morcome's killer.

BS couldn't have worked any harder to get an alibi for the time William was said to have disappeared. He made sure he was in a coffee shop with many witnesses and a record of payment, then a school assembly with many witness.

The school can not comment on him being there means they can't comment, not he wasn't seen there. While I think him and his wife have many suspicious links I think his alibi will stand up.

I am just going on what is available via the FACS site. There has never been a hint the children themselves were in Bali. Perhaps the chidren spent quality time with fgran and fpop.

Nup, NSW!
During your shared stories-shared lives training, respite care and overseas travel is covered. All of what I stated was told to me during the training and confirmed while fostering with two different agencies.

Not the same or as flimsy as having a drug dealer as his alibi, although it worked for Daniel Morcome's killer.

BS couldn't have worked any harder to get an alibi for the time William was said to have disappeared. He made sure he was in a coffee shop with many witnesses and a record of payment, then a school assembly with many witness.

The school can not comment on him being there means they can't comment, not he wasn't seen there. While I think him and his wife have many suspicious links I think his alibi will stand up.

Agree. I have often wondered about his alibi. Although the police have stated there were "some inconsistency's", they have never stated they were unfounded, untrue or unsubstantiated.
I'm not sure he's a poi for the reason everyone thinks?
Just MOO....

SoSo nice to see you following the yellow brick road i started a few days ago.

FACS as the NSW government department have oversight of processes and that is why they were involved in the supression order fight.

Family Court jurisdiction is a federal jurusdiction and decisions made there are relevant Australia wide. I believe that is why adoption processes are finalized in that court. whereas foster processes are controlled by the state.

So the point you are making is what?

From my memory the carers had recently applied to the children's court for sole parental responsibility..............
So what you are saying is there was no adoption application at all as many have suggested?
As you pointed out adoption processes are finalised in the family court.

Just maybe something like this?

Children’s Court

The Court can make a variety of orders with respect to the care and protection of a
child or young person, including:
1. interim care orders;
2. orders for supervision; orders allocating parental responsibility for a child
or young person;
3. orders prohibiting an act by a person with parental responsibility;
4. contact orders;
5. orders for the provision of support services; and
6. orders to attend therapeutic or treatment program.

https://www.nswbar.asn.au/docs/professional/prof_dev/BPC/course_files/Court Strcture Protocol.pdf
imo

Reason could be they would know police are able to trace all contact with them. Contacting 60 minutes direct may have been a way around that in their mind.

Re dunbogun. DCI Jubelin clearly states during the 60 minutes followup interview that the public are not aware of all areas searched and mentioned 1000 plus searches. I would say dunbogun was well and truly turned over. Dont forget pedo Nichols lived there too.

1000 plus searches .. wasn't it 1000 + interviews?

The foster family purchased the spiderman suit in Bali and I doubt they would have taken William and his sister there whilst fostered re passport difficulties. From information via the FACS site foster parents are required to take respite breaks. I wonder where the children were placed during this time.

GAPA received a $15000 grant to run respite camps at the Bonny Doon convention centre. I really do wonder if Wiliam and his sister attended this camp.

The spiderman suit looks pretty new and fits well so I would say it was purchased sometime late 2013 early 2014.

Fm neighbour stated William had been seen at neighbourhood christmas celebrations in 2013 didnt they. Could the children have been with fgran and fpop on a break from the respite camp.

from what ive seen i believe william and his sister were taken on holiday to an indonesian destination

(quote)
Your rights as a birth parent

The law on child protection gives parents the right to be involved in, and have a say about, what happens to their child when in care.
Almost all major decisions about your child in care will be discussed at a case planning meeting, which you are invited to attend.

Types of decisions discussed at a case planning meeting can include:

change of your child’s school
your child going away on camp that is for one week’s duration or more
approval for enrolment in a private school
your child’s wish to marry before they are 18
consent for your child’s surgery
deciding to remove your child from a particular foster care placement
approval to change your child’s name
approval for your child to enlist in the armed forces
approval for your child to enter an apprenticeship
your child’s carer planning to travel or move interstate
your child’s carer applying for a passport and/or wanting to obtain a passport on behalf of your child in care
the carer is considering making application for sole parental responsibility of your child.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/par...foster-care/is-your-child-in-care/your-rights

(quote)
Your rights as a birth parent

The law on child protection gives parents the right to be involved in, and have a say about, what happens to their child when in care.
Almost all major decisions about your child in care will be discussed at a case planning meeting, which you are invited to attend.

Types of decisions discussed at a case planning meeting can include:

change of your child’s school
your child going away on camp that is for one week’s duration or more
approval for enrolment in a private school
your child’s wish to marry before they are 18
consent for your child’s surgery
deciding to remove your child from a particular foster care placement
approval to change your child’s name
approval for your child to enlist in the armed forces
approval for your child to enter an apprenticeship
your child’s carer planning to travel or move interstate
your child’s carer applying for a passport and/or wanting to obtain a passport on behalf of your child in care
the carer is considering making application for sole parental responsibility of your child.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/par...foster-care/is-your-child-in-care/your-rights

Hi Karinna,
I find that wording strange- As a carer, you, yourself have no legal custody of the child/ren. You are unable to apply for the passport yourself. You need to provide a birth certificate with a passport application and have both parents or legal guardian (proof via court docs) to sign. A passport for a child in care must be done by FaCs, as it is the minister (whom FaCS represents) that has legal guardianship until the adoption process is completed or sole legal responsibility is obtained. A foster carer has No custody... just placement. If that makes sense?

The foster family purchased the spiderman suit in Bali and I doubt they would have taken William and his sister there whilst fostered re passport difficulties. From information via the FACS site foster parents are required to take respite breaks. I wonder where the children were placed during this time.

GAPA received a $15000 grant to run respite camps at the Bonny Doon convention centre. I really do wonder if Wiliam and his sister attended this camp.

The spiderman suit looks pretty new and fits well so I would say it was purchased sometime late 2013 early 2014.

Fm neighbour stated William had been seen at neighbourhood christmas celebrations in 2013 didnt they. Could the children have been with fgran and fpop on a break from the respite camp.

The respite camps were for Gapa members weren't they?

President for two-and-a-half years of local group GAPA – Grandparents as Parents Again –
So PB took over as president not to long after the grandparent kinship carer support group, kicked off.
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/1012991/paul-bickfords-our-no1-senior-volunteer/

It seems if f parents want respite there are foster carers that provide respite care.

Short-term foster care
Permanent foster care
Respite foster care
Adolescent foster care

Respite foster care
Respite carers generally offer one weekend every month to look after a foster child. Respite carers provide foster children with a wider social network and give the primary carers a break to recharge their energy.

http://www.barnardos.org.au/get-involved/become-a-carer/types-of-foster-care/

Hi Karinna,
I find that wording strange- As a carer, you, yourself have no legal custody of the child/ren. You are unable to apply for the passport yourself. You need to provide a birth certificate with a passport application and have both parents or legal guardian (proof via court docs) to sign. A passport for a child in care must be done by FaCs, as it is the minister (whom FaCS represents) that has legal guardianship until the adoption process is completed or sole legal responsibility is obtained. A foster carer has No custody... just placement. If that makes sense?

Hi LouLou,Well that is posted straight from the Govt. website. I also know from a SS someone sent me last year from SM, which i am not going to post here as it's against TOS, that KT was not giving approval for her kids to go O/S.

With KT's approval? I doubt it.

And really... FaCS can be... well...a bit dominating when it comes to decisions.

They like to state things are done "in consultation" but really, decisions are made, then put to the parent. Most parents have no back up to fight these decisions and in the case of a child being offered an opportunity to travel with a foster carer that simply wants to take the child on a holiday, if the birth parent objects, they are going to find it a really tough prospect to try and fight it.
Im not sure KT had the energy to fight the department on her children having a holiday.
She would also need to have a really good reason to object...like that the child was not immunised, needed medical care only Aus could provide or fear that they would not return as it was a native country to the carer...etc etc..
Not saying they did or didn't go..just yarnin bout the logistics/legalities of o/s travel with foster kids.

Hi Karinna,

Will be discussed.
I guess that means there is an obligation for the parents to be informed. But given parental responsibility is with the minister the decisions may not have a lot to do with what they want.

imo

And really... FaCS can be... well...a bit dominating when it comes to decisions.

They like to state things are done "in consultation" but really, decisions are made, then put to the parent. Most parents have no back up to fight these decisions and in the case of a child being offered an opportunity to travel with a foster carer that simply wants to take the child on a holiday, if the birth parent objects, they are going to find it a really tough prospect to try and fight it.
Im not sure KT had the energy to fight the department on her children having a holiday.
She would also need to have a really good reason to object...like that the child was not immunised, needed medical care only Aus could provide or fear that they would not return as it was a native country to the carer...etc etc..

I don't know about what FACS would do, but a biological parent has legal rights and if those legal rights are violated then FACS can be taken to court, as they should be for violating the laws that are instated in every state and for good reason.

Will be discussed.
I guess that means there is an obligation for the parents to be informed. But given parental responsibility is with the minister the decisions may not have a lot to do with what they want.

imo

That doesn't mean a bio parent doesn't have legal rights in how their child is being raised though. From what we know KT at least has those rights, ( ie) visitation with her children etc. Whether she chooses to have input into her child's upbringing is up to her.

I don't know about what FACS would do, but a biological parent has legal rights and if those legal rights are violated then FACS can be taken to court, as they should be for violating the laws that are instated in every state and for good reason.

Yes, you would like to think that the parents have rights..but really, the system (Im not saying the system is right by any means!!!) is that it is the childs rights they consider.
The children have a right to know and have a relationship with their birth family. The child has a right for their family to be informed on what happens in their lives. Unfortunately, once a child is in care, a parent "loses" there rights...the parent can then only fight for the rights of their child...not their own..I know it's a harsh reality..and not one I necessarily agree with, just how it is. :-(
The minister makes all decisions for a child in care-in "consultation" with the birth parents.
Again-not approving of this-just stating how it is looked upon.

Hope im making sense and not sounding callous- not a personal judgement, just from my experiences and MOO.

So, if Bickford was with GAPA since at least 2009, and the group did not vote on Working With Children Checks until 2013 .....

Sure left a number of years for unsavoury members to get their feet under the group's table, and liaise with each other, do whatever else the police have been investigating within the mentioned two grandparent support groups.

And, as soso's links indicate, FACS were very possibly not involved with the change of custody from parent to grandparent with some/many/all of these grandchildren. Seems that Family Court may be the most common avenue for arrangement of kinship care, not FACS.

November 17 2009
President for two-and-a-half years of local group GAPA – Grandparents as Parents Again – his passion and commitment to helping other grandparents and families has been well acknowledged.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/1012991/paul-bickfords-our-no1-senior-volunteer/

So PB was president from very early on - about the middle of 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member