AZ - 9 killed, 2 injured in W Phoenix shootings, April-June 2016 *Arrest*

I think this is a new sketch of the suspect:

1470268055333.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/0...ninth-shooting-incident-to-serial-killer.html

Based on witness statements, detectives now believe the suspect has access to several cars — one appears to be a white Cadillac or Lincoln, and the other is a late '90s or early 2000s 5 series BMW.

[...]

Howard said investigators have looked into whether the gunman works as a mechanic or on a used car lot.

[...]

In each case, the victims were attacked near their car or home, in the evening or very early morning hours, in the working-class Maryvale section of Phoenix.

Read more at http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/phoenix-serial-killer-struck-ninth-time-police-say-n622536

I wonder if they can check and see if one person or household owns both types of cars? A way to search the records? There should be a way to do that...

I wonder if they can check and see if one person or household owns both types of cars? A way to search the records? There should be a way to do that...
I was wondering that myself.
Ive been searching for this thread for 2 days and just now found it.
The cars they described on cnn or fox news ( cant remember which) arent the cheapest of cars.

Yes, I know in several cases that they can run searches for specific cars. Heather Elvis' case they ran the type truck the Moorer's owned and 81 matches came up but only their's had a certain type toolbox and other features out of the 81. They had security camera footage of it. Also in Elizabeth & Lyric's case they ran the van and came up with an owner. Turned out not to be a suspect.

Phoenix Craig's list autos for sale? hmmm

I also wonder if they just linked this shooting... Does that mean the later July shootings could still be connected? Have they just not compared evidence yet? There were a couple in mid July that really seemed to fit this MO. Happened on the same night too I think... Or the same weekend.

http://www.12news.com/mb/news/local/valley/woman-shot-walks-several-blocks-for-help/276025964

Looks like they have a suspect in the second one.

I think they have several other cases yet to be qualifed or disqualifed. Today made me think the July 4th murders in Laveen aren't connected though.

I believe this is some type of gang initiation ritual. It would explain the many different cars used. Also, It is unclear whether the shooter is acting alone. Witnesses said they saw three men near the car where Angela Linner, Stefanie Ellis and Ellis’ 12-year-old daughter, Maleah, had been listening to music before the bullets struck them.

Really good up to date, comprehensive article about what is known so far...

• On March 17, about 11:30 p.m., a 16-year-old boy suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot while walking in the 1100 block of East Moreland Street.
  • On March 18, about 11:30 p.m., a 21-year-old man suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot while standing outside of his vehicle in the 4300 block of North 73rd Avenue.
  • On April 1, about 9 p.m., 21-year-old Diego Verdugo-Sanchez was shot and killed outside a home near the 5500 block of West Turney Avenue.
  • On April 19 about 4:30 a.m., the body of 55-year-old Krystal Annette White was discovered near the 500 block of North 32nd Street. She died of apparent gunshot wounds.
  • On June 3, about 9:50 p.m., 32-year-old Horacio De Jesus Pena was fatally shot while outside a home in the 6700 block of West Flower Street.
  • On June 10, about 9:30 p.m., 19-year-old Manuel Castro Garcia was fatally shot outside a home near the 6500 block of West Coronado Road.
  • On June 12, about 2:35 a.m., an unoccupied vehicle was discovered shot in the 6200 block of West Mariposa Drive.
  • On June 12, about 3 a.m., a gunman opened fire on two women and one girl seated in a parked car outside a home near the 6300 block of West Berkeley Road. Angela Linner, 31, and Maleah Ellis, 12, died almost immediately. Maleah's mother, Stefanie Ellis, died three weeks later.
  • On July 11, during evening hours, a gunman shot at a vehicle in a residential neighborhood in the 3200 block of East Oak Street. A 21-year-old man and 4-year-old boy were in the vehicle, but neither was injured.

Could past shootings be tied to the case?

Since the investigation began, police have pored through unsolved shooting cases to answer this question.

DeCastro said crime analysts have sifted through data to flag incidents with similar M.O.s, victims, weapons and locations.

“They give us a list of things and then we kind of go through each one individually and see, this one might match, this one doesn’t match,” he said. “Then we go old school and go through each report.”

DeCastro said this includes sorting through evidence and photos and re-interviewing people to see if there’s a connection that wasn’t previously linked.

Five shootings have been tied to the case through this process since the initial four, but DeCastro said not to expect any more additions from earlier this year.

“We’ve completed the entire 2016 year," he said. “We’re starting in the end of 2015 and working backwards.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-know-phoenix-serial-street-shooter/88319540/
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 128
Oh good. Guessing there won't be 2015 additions and if there is then someone should definitely be able to explain the few months long break the shooter took.

[FONT=Lato, sans-serif] The FBI has added $20,000 to the Silent Witness reward amount which has now been raised to $50,000 for any information leading to the arrest of this suspect. [/FONT]

[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]Getting caught up -- not sure if that was updated here or not. I am locally in the Phoenix area. I can say that the area that most of the shootings that have occurred is Maryvale and in that area it is not uncommon to have a lot of foot traffic at all times of the day/night... It seems that in the last 5-10 years these serial shooting cases have been more frequent in the Phoenix area, so this one didn't really catch my attention until one of last shooting on 32nd and Oak (not sure exact) since that is a little closer to the East Valley and where I reside.[/FONT]

[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]I thought when they released the sketch that someone would come out and recognize - but nothing so far... will be interesting to see when person caught if the sketch is close at all?!?! [/FONT]

[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]Also [/FONT]

Some basic ideas...
With all but two shootings occurring on the weekend and all occurring well outside of school hours I have to believe this shooter is a student and that the age estimation of 30-to-35 is way off, which isn't particularly uncommon when you have limited and likely frightened witnesses.

The access to several expensive vehicles makes me wonder if they all had electronic ignition systems which could possibly point to the shooter being very proficient with computers. My instincts tell me that there is a good chance this is just a bored teenager who unfortunately is both intelligent and completely lacking in empathy or value for human life. Racist beliefs are also quite possible, but given the area random chance may have more to do with victim selection than anything... I would have to know more about the racial backgrounds of any bystanders and witnesses to make a decent guess.

I will say that I highly doubt this is in any way gang related as most gangs are rather averse to engage in serial murders of bystanders as it's not profitable and its a great way to get law enforcement all over your gang in a hurry. Most of the stories of gang initiations requiring a killing are complete myths, most initiates have been well known by gang members for years before they are allowed entry into the real gang. And the last thing you want is for someone who knows the inner workings of the gang to be picked up for a crime where the difference between a life sentence or execution and leniency could be telling those secrets.

Authorities investigating nine nighttime drive-by shootings in Phoenix believed to be the work of a serial killer recovered bullet casings from at least three of the crime scenes and received detailed vehicle descriptions from witnesses, according to police reports released Tuesday.

Witnesses say the victims were standing outside after dark when a man fired a handgun from a car and then fled the area. Police say the documents were released in response to public records requests from news organizations.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/bullet-casings-recovered-shootings-serial-killer-case-41253575

After a bit of a vacation True Crime Radio is back and who better to join us than our old friend Levi Page

Levi will fill us in on the terror in Phoenix. Phoenix citizens are dealing with a serial killer who strikes at night shooting people.

We'll also discuss more of the latest true crime stories.

True Crime Radio will be available to listen to after 10:30 Eastern TONIGHT by going to SPREAKER

Hope you'll join us.

attachment.php

Two women and a 12-year-old girl who died in the deadliest attack in Phoenix's first serial killer case in a decade were sitting in a car talking and listening to music when they were shot, according to police reports released Thursday.

Angela Rochelle Liner, Stefanie R. Ellis and Ellis' daughter Maleah were shot on June 12 while the car was parked in a driveway, authorities said.

(...)

Police say the triple killing doesn't appear to have been the result of a robbery because the attacker didn't take purses or $2,900 in the possession of one of the adult victims.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-...er-case-shot-while-listening-to-music-in-car/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 116
Just heard on a recorded show on channel 3 that cops believe the killer had PASSENGERS. So I googled. Also found another car listed.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...uments-reveal-new-details-in-deadliest-attack

She told police she saw a Hispanic man wearing a white shirt and red shorts as he stood beside a dark-colored sedan. The girl also said she saw two passengers sitting inside the suspect's car before the man fled.

--------------------------

The suspect is believed to have used several vehicles, including as a late-1990s brown Nissan, a late-1990s black BMW and a white Cadillac or Lincoln.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/32766...iller-texted-girlfriend-minutes-before-attack

“The suspect vehicle that [the witness] observed was black with headlights that reminded him of a ‘triangle,’” wrote the interviewing officer. “[The witness] was unsure of which occupant shot.”

-------------------------

In the shooting of Manny Castro Garcia, one officer was within earshot of the attack. Officer Josephine Jenkins wrote she was fueling up her patrol vehicle at the Maryvale Precinct when she heard the gunshots. The precinct is less than a mile from where the shooting took place.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...nix-serial-street-shooter-killed-his-neighbor

Calvin Davis, an army veteran, was on his patio when he saw the suspect and a passenger cruise by in a black sedan. He says the driver stopped next to Garcia and yelled something in Spanish before unloading his gun, a clue that matches a witness account from at least one other shooting incident. Davis says he heard six shots and could see the flash of the muzzle before Garcia tried to escape.

“I guess he tries to get away, steps on the gas, hits my car, totals it,” said Davis who immediately went to check on the driver and started CPR until police arrived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391
Back