AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrienne Salinas was last seen at 3 a.m. by her roommates, when she left her apartment to drive to her boyfriend’s home, said Sgt. Mike Pooley, a Tempe police spokesman.

Police received reports that her car had been involved in a traffic accident at Ash and Rio Salado Parkway, where she hit the median, he said. A passerby tried to help but the vehicle fled the area.

Police found Salinas’ car about a block from her apartment, with front end damage and two flat tires. The doors were locked, the overnight bag she packed was gone and there were no signs of a struggle.

Salinas sent a text to her boyfriend at 4:47 a.m. that she was going to his apartment, but she never arrived and her phone was turned off at 5:07 a.m.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130617police-searching-missing-tempe-woman.html

Salinas' father found her car on Sunday near Brown and Roosevelt Streets - about two blocks from her apartment on Ash Avenue.

Salinas' family told CBS 5 News, they knew something was very wrong when she never called her dad Sunday to wish him Happy Father's Day.

22605943_BG1.jpg

http://www.kpho.com/story/22605943/...man?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:waitasec:

So at 3am she was seen leaving her apartment to drive to her bf. Then there is an accident two blocks from her apartment (where the car was found).

Almost 2 hours later at 4:47 am she sent a text to her bf that she is on the way.

Doesn't make sense. Either the reporting is wrong or did she decide to walk to her bf's apartment and was still walking when she sent the text? Or did she go elsewhere after the accident?

Another predictable statistic, I fear.

I hope I'm wrong and she turns up safe and well.

I wonder if she is hiding somewhere. She'd been drinking and had an accident. Maybe she was afraid she'd face a DUI charge?

I know this is unlikely, but I'm trying to think of a scenario that doesn't involve her getting into a car with the wrong person.

Does not sound good at all. Do we know where the bf lives? Is it far from where she was last seen?

This gives me the shivers. It reminds me of the Maura Murray case, where she was involved in a car accident, then disappeared from the scene, never to be seen again.
I hope this young woman is just scared of legal repercussions & hiding somewhere, but I fear something more nefarious here. :(

Indeed they are, I see those two usernames have posted some similar insensitive comments on other articles at that website. There are alot of racist keyboard warriors out here in AZ towards anything Hispanic.

Sometimes free speech really sucks.

The search continues for a missing 19-year-old Tempe woman who disappeared early Saturday morning. Monday night, Tempe police and MCSO searched Tempe Town Lake for Adrienne Salinas.

"One of the things we want to rule out is any possibility of her being here in the lake," said Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley. "We're checking the lake because it was so close to where she was last seen."

According to her mom, Adrienne was taking a psychology class at Gateway Community College. She was responsible, and close to her family, so when she didn't call her dad on Father's Day, family and friends immediately knew something was wrong and filed a police report.

snipped

“She was upset and wanted to go talk to her boyfriend about it. Along the way there she hit a curb, her tires popped, she tried to come back home on the flats and made it to that side street right over there on Roosevelt and that’s the last of it,” says roommate Shaney Duggan.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...desperate-for-answers-in-womans-disappearance

2 interesting things on her facebook. One the most recent picture of her shows a monroe piercing above the left side of her mouth. Just something that could help with an ID that I didn't hear mentioned. Secondly, more ominous is her background profile pic is of Tempe Town Lake, where they are searching for her.

https://www.facebook.com/adrienne.salinas.9

The comments under that article are horrible. I really hope someone knows something and can point LE in the right direction, it's a really bizarre case. It sounds like she left her car on foot with her overnight bag (as it wasn't in the car, and LE found no signs of a struggle here), and then came across someone on the walk to her boyfriends house. I'm a little dubious about the last text messages she sent though... as we all know, a text message can be sent by anyone, and it was sent only about 20 minutes before her phone either died or was switched off (I've seen it reported as both).

Is it known what she was upset about that prompted her to leave for her boyfriends house that morning?

Who saw her at 5am? Is this witness credible? This is JUST before her phone was switched off, so the witness may have seen something related to her disappearance (even if they don't realize it).

Another thing that is bothering me is that is keeps being reported that she left 'after a night of drinking'. Could Adrienne have been under the influence, or just staying awake with friends who were having a big night?

I hope Adrienne is found safely, very soon.

Strange sounding case. What a pretty girl, I hope she's found safe soon.
I hope it doesn't turn out like the Maura Murray case like Larkbunting mentioned!

This gives me the shivers. It reminds me of the Maura Murray case, where she was involved in a car accident, then disappeared from the scene, never to be seen again.
I hope this young woman is just scared of legal repercussions & hiding somewhere, but I fear something more nefarious here. :(

Same as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members