AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overnight guy is dispatcher, road supervisor and cab driver. So much going on that he doesn't always get to offer the kind of attention a solo dispatcher sitting in an office would. Tom would have been rolling down the 101 freeway, talking with other drivers and customers while fielding AS's calls, too. Navigating all this is difficult, it causes us to be split-minded, and I would guess not so good at remembering. Finally, a review of the T-Mobile phone log shows that several of AS's calls were fielded after activating a call waiting feature, so Tom would have had someone else on hold while talking with her. It was very busy. --Cab Guy

I bolded a few things above I just wanted to comment on.
As some of you know I also own a small cab/limo company in a college/tourist area. We are owned and operated by women and when I am dispatching or the regular dispatcher being in tune with the caller is essential IMO. (maybe its because we are women and we listen differently).

For myself, every call is memorable. These are your customers and you do not forget them or their voices easily.
You are assessing the urgency, safety, probability of this being a no show (waste of your time and money), their drunken state (drunks are random and may puke in our car, be a no show, change their mind, pass out, get in the first thing that shows up)
You are assessing other important things like the time frame, other calls you may have previously booked, where the other drivers are located, whether you need to make a stop for gas, road conditions, and your own safety driving into certain area's or situations.
I have a really bad memory but can tell you that when this is your job the client and events of the night are memorable. I could go on and on with stories and experiences I have had and reasons why its not hard to forget these people IMO. The customers ARE your business

During a typical weekend night (8 hrs) shift each driver serves about 10-15 different customers. We keep logs of pickup time, pickup location, number of customers, drop off time, drop off location, fare and tip. We work in about a 20 square mile radius for the most part. Months later I can remember exactly where a person lives or where they were picked up or dropped off but I may not remember their name or face even.
I am sure every driver is different, and it's like a waitress or bartender who you havent seen in a year recalling you drink Pabst Blue Ribbon. That always amazes me.

Another thing I note is Cab Guy says Adrienne did not sound drunk. I think in the highlighted above he is describing a believable and understandable tone in her voice. I agree it is questionable whether Adrienne would have told the cab company on voicemail that she blew out her tires, but she does express her urgency-which would make me perk up and try and help the girl. You would put some priority here. When you hear someone in distress, you do try to be prompt and would even engage in more than normal phone transactions. (these calls can be a real pain & expense in the arse though)

I hear from women all the time about their creepy cab drivers, scary experiences and being propositioned. Just Sunday I ran into someone who told me their step-daughter who is 17 got a ride from work and the cab driver told her if she showed him her *advertiser censored* she would never have to pay a dime for a ride. Happens a lot.

Sorry so long, was just expressing my opinion.
BTW, I do feel that Cab Guys information is truthful and to the best of his knowledge and intentions. Thanks Cab Guy!

jmo

This avondale woman is already annoying me. I think anyone who has lived in AZ before suspected she might be over in the superstition foothills... IMO. I'm just sad LE didn't search the area earlier... In fact I wish they would have searched it in
General. Just sayin.

<modsnip>

from your link:

"&#8220;As shortly as we hung adult with her, we started to accept impressions: how a mud looked, a location. we started to see a map. we had to go right divided to a Internet to demeanour during a map of a area and it was during a bottom of Superstition Mountain,&#8221; pronounced Fierro. "

um.

ummmm.

:scared:

People don't read or think a lot when searching for a service like a cab on their mobile phone. They see what they want, Cab to Scottsdale, and they click on it. Rarely do they read beyond the first three advertisements, and rarely do they see the url they are clicking. It's all about Get a Cab Now...and I'm fairly sure, with all that was going on that night, AS merely searched and then clicked... the phone then dials the Cab for her. Don't put too much into what was going through her mind when she ordered the cab...it was simply, Get Me a Cab, typical of college students in Tempe at the end of the evening.--Cab Guy

BBM

Speaking of sharp tacks... just sayin'. =)

Would like to thank you for the detailed info.
Adding a note; Our drivers can take their vehicles home during their shift or after work but in my neighborhood our community laws state that no commercial vehicle may be parked overnight, so I must drop my vehicle at a different location and get into my regular car and drive away at the end of the night. So, my question would be if Tom takes his cab home at night or parks it somewhere else when his shift is up?

For all; I believe LE cleared the cab driver and IMO thats good enough for me. Websleuther's (me) just need to know so we can cross it off our hinky list and focus elsewhere.
jmo

No such laws governing cab companies. All my drivers take their cabs home with them, including Tom, who lives just 2 blocks from me--something I'm grateful for every day.--Cab Guy

WideOpen, you mentioned that you searched for Tempe AZ cab and I did the same. Scottsdale cab guy was not pulled up at all!

By the way, Google can easily deliver different search results for different people that use the exact same search terms, based on the search history and even deeper profiling, e.g. when someone has a Gmail or Google+ account. There are algorithms that filter the results according to your interests, or what the machine thinks your interests are. You can even get different search results yourself by just using a different browser or deleting cookies.
It's similar to Facebook, the big companies try to keep you satisfied in your comfort zone.:therethere:

ETA: Here's a link; results are also filtered by location, which would apply when looking for a cab company:
http://themetaq.com/articles/reasons-your-google-search-results-are-different-than-mine

I'm wondering what they have on all the other surveillance video footage they surely pulled from that night (based on the police report list of places to check back with re: video, etc) , that they aren't telling us.

And why did the perp choose Apache Junction?

IMO, because somebody knows it like the back of their hand, because they spent a great deal of time there in the years before they were able to utilize motorized vehicles for travel.

The people who know the backwoods best are the people who've been running around 'em since they were kids and who know the best hide and seek spots from when they were little and party spots from when they were older, IMO

I totally agree with you.
You cannot simply do a search for "Isolated Dump Sites near Tempe". You have to KNOW the area.
Being that she was found so close to Tempe, the perp had time restraints; he just couldn't take a 5 hour trip below Tucson and dump her on the Cartel drug paths, he didn't have 3+ hours to take her north to the hunting areas around Horse Thief Basin, he didn't choose a dumpster because it was a weekend, and going to the Rez Landfill might be tricky. He had to blend with the surrounding and avoid LE presence.
How many times this summer has I-17 been shut down due to weekend traffic caused accidents? Many more than I can ever recall. He would have avoided it.
Now here's another idea......the perp is a member or knows a member in the local gold prospecting club or National club ie, Gold Prospectors Association of America. When you join some of these clubs, you get discounts or free access to lands that are restricted. It also gives you an excuse to be in some godforsaken area. My BF has been doing it for over 10 years.....and if you're not local in that isolated section of AJ, close to the Superstition Mountains, what are your going to be doing up there?
Hunting for gold.
You have all the topo maps, you know the weather conditions, you watch washes for the most flooding, you know where the claims are.....like the back of your hand.

My perp profile:
Male
White
25-35
Works nights
Not married
Knows area, Phoenix Metro area and surrounding, probably NOT a Native Arizonan
Has or has access to 4 x 4
Has a connection with gold prospecting: himself, family member or friend
*Might have an issue with Hispanics* could be loosely involved w/White Supremacy groups or Prison related gangs
Possible previous incarceration

...and still adding as I go......

Added the "Not Native" because nobody with a bit of sense being a Native would use a wash. Zoning will tell you "100 year Flood Plan", yeah right.
JMO

Now here's another idea......the perp is a member or knows a member in the local gold prospecting club or National club ie, Gold Prospectors Association of America.

Careful there, you're getting too close to the truth. :notgood: :D

So her call to the cab company supposedly wasn't at all memorable yet it is somehow remembered in remarkable detail by the cab owner, who wasn't on shift and who didn't take the call, and who just happened to delete it? Calling BS on that one.

I'm trying very hard to remain civil at all times, not wanting to cloud the facts or message. However, when attack language like "I'm calling BS on that one" is used, I get just a little disturbed. Everybody's memory is different...including mine and Tom's. I had a clear memory of AS's call because I was clearing the messages, as I do every morning before heading out on the road. Her call touched me, the tone of voice and the circumstances she described. I erased her call, as I did many others that morning.
Let me just say that since I decided to get on this thread, I decided to be completely honest and up front, believing that you guys and gals are smart and if you have good factual information, you just might bring some justice to Adrienne and her family. I have given you what info. I have completely unfiltered in the hope that some of the good minds here will be able to come up with something that will help Adrienne. There is no "BS" here, and I would appreciate you all choosing your words just a little more carefully. We can explore and disagree without disrespecting one-another. As for me, I have a rule...if I say something to you all I do so as if I were standing right in front of you, not protected by a computer screen. In short, if it's bad manners to say directly in person, my thought is it shouldn't be typed on a screen either. Let's not be Web Warriors, rather, how about we remember that we are all just people...people who care about an innocent girl and her family. Now can we help LE catch the bad guys?--Cab Guy

I thought LE had said her cousin was killed by a random or stray bullet, i.e not a target? Is this incorrect?

HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, Federal statistics demonstrate that gangs often infiltrate the LE agencies. Plus, LE can at times become more immune to such crimes and write it off with less attention than other crimes, since "they got what they asked for." This is not my opinion, and not the opinion of most good LE, but some get so burned out and hardened they can be cynical, or bought out. I have no facts to say it is true in this case, just pointing out that, especially in the border states, some people can be paid off. If we are reaching to all possible what ifs...
Please don't get me wrong, I have tremendous respect for LE officers and believe that most are heroes in every sense of the word! But what if it wasn't really random? What if it was on purpose over turf, pride, or such?
Even if it was random, she may have discovered who did it, anyway.

Editing to add after reading 2Hip's earlier post about the details of the case- that at first it was said the cousin was shot from inside the house... hmmm....... there's something fishy just wish I knew what it was.

Careful there, you're getting too close to the truth. :notgood: :D

:floorlaugh:
If YOU do prospecting, then you'd be on the same page, makes sense doesn't it?
MY BF heavily uses this area (Prescott), Stanton, Seligman, and parts of Calif. He doesn't go further south than Black Canyon because of the heat and snakes. Topo maps are online or at the Forest Service. Gold panning clubs and County Records (online) also give you access to maps.
If you don't live in THAT part of AJ, you're not going to trailer your horse or dirt bikes there when there's better places to go.
You're going there to "Find the Lost Dutchman's stash".
That's how a non-local learns the area like the back of their hand.
No bad intent, Prospektor! :floorlaugh: Didn't even think about you when I posted!

HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, Federal statistics demonstrate that gangs often infiltrate the LE agencies. Plus, LE can at times become more immune to such crimes and write it off with less attention than other crimes, since "they got what they asked for." This is not my opinion, and not the opinion of most good LE, but some get so burned out and hardened they can be cynical, or bought out. I have no facts to say it is true in this case, just pointing out that, especially in the border states, some people can be paid off. If we are reaching to all possible what ifs...
Please don't get me wrong, I have tremendous respect for LE officers and believe that most are heroes in every sense of the word! But what if it wasn't really random? What if it was on purpose over turf, pride, or such?
Even if it was random, she may have discovered who did it, anyway.

From my personal experience with gangs in Arizona, the drug runners for the past 40+ years have kept a low profile to protect a largely un-watched entry way into the US , that directly connects to both the East and West coast with a simple road trip to I-40.
This isn't LA or San Jose. If it was a shooting at a party, it would NOT be cartel. It would NOT be any organized drug organization. As it was a supposed "drive by" with no intended target and the cousin was in the back of a yard, wanna be gang bangers? Possibly, but there's no evidence. More than likely it was some idiot shooting off a gun with no intentions of hurting anyone. Only their guilty conscious will bring them forward, or if someone MAY have been with them.
Gang Task Forces have their insiders. If it was indeed the case, it would have been solved already. And it certainly didn't play out as someone being "jumped in".
JMO

[/U][/B]

I'm trying very hard to remain civil at all times, not wanting to cloud the facts or message. However, when attack language like "I'm calling BS on that one" is used, I get just a little disturbed. Everybody's memory is different...including mine and Tom's. I had a clear memory of AS's call because I was clearing the messages, as I do every morning before heading out on the road. Her call touched me, the tone of voice and the circumstances she described. I erased her call, as I did many others that morning.
Let me just say that since I decided to get on this thread, I decided to be completely honest and up front, believing that you guys and gals are smart and if you have good factual information, you just might bring some justice to Adrienne and her family. I have given you what info. I have completely unfiltered in the hope that some of the good minds here will be able to come up with something that will help Adrienne. There is no "BS" here, and I would appreciate you all choosing your words just a little more carefully. We can explore and disagree without disrespecting one-another. As for me, I have a rule...if I say something to you all I do so as if I were standing right in front of you, not protected by a computer screen. In short, if it's bad manners to say directly in person, my thought is it shouldn't be typed on a screen either. Let's not be Web Warriors, rather, how about we remember that we are all just people...people who care about an innocent girl and her family. Now can we help LE catch the bad guys?--Cab Guy

Well said. I really appreciate your patience and staying with us for Adrienne! And, based on my knowledge of family systems theory, and based on how I have seen you respond, I would say it is a pretty safe bet that your son has been raised to be a good guy, not a sociopath or predator. Just My Opinion :seeya:

From my personal experience with gangs in Arizona, the drug runners for the past 40+ years have kept a low profile to protect a largely un-watched entry way into the US , that directly connects to both the East and West coast with a simple road trip to I-40.
This isn't LA or San Jose. If it was a shooting at a party, it would NOT be cartel. It would NOT be any organized drug organization. As it was a supposed "drive by" with no intended target and the cousin was in the back of a yard, wanna be gang bangers? Possibly, but there's no evidence. More than likely it was some idiot shooting off a gun with no intentions of hurting anyone. Only their guilty conscious will bring them forward, or if someone MAY have been with them.
Gang Task Forces have their insiders. If it was indeed the case, it would have been solved already. And it certainly didn't play out as someone being "jumped in".
JMO

Oh, I agree that cartel isn't responsible for the shooting. Just know how gangs tend to work, and hope you are right about there being an insider etc...
Just also know how egotistical and down right stupid people in gangs can be, and I've read that the Mexican cartels have been working with some gangs in the border states, hispanic as well as bloods, outlaw biker, etc...
Maybe I've worked with too many kids in gangs so it's one place my mind goes, but I missed prospecting for gold :blushing: hehe!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377043694.054885.jpg

I think her body was dropped (as LE said they believe happened) in this area. It makes sense with the movement of the wash and flooding. I think bc she was naked she somewhat blended in with the landscape. IMO.

Plus this is the area the LE have been searching North of where her body was found.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377043664.738855.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377043664.738855.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 20
I just don't see how she could've been dropped and not buried yet still been more than bones two months later. I thought Bernina's various explanations over the past many pages sort of pointed to a general consensus that she had to have been buried until the july 21 flooding eroded the soft, recently dug and backfilled dirt on top of her and caused her to then move and finally truly begin to decompose, causing vultures to come around and lead the property owner to find her legs sticking out from under the bush 17 days later (wasn't it august 6?). I'm thinking the 17 days above ground and waterlogged might be enough time to cause the "severe decomp" that was mentioned in a recent article...

all JMO of couse

I just don't see how she could've been dropped and not buried yet still been more than bones two months later. I thought Bernina's various explanations over the past many pages sort of pointed to a general consensus that she had to have been buried until the july 21 flooding eroded the soft, recently dug and backfilled dirt on top of her and caused her to then move and finally truly begin to decompose, causing vultures to come around and lead the property owner to find her legs sticking out from under the bush 17 days later (wasn't it august 6?). I'm thinking the 17 days above ground and waterlogged might be enough time to cause the "severe decomp" that was mentioned in a recent article...

all JMO of couse

I really appreciated and accepted her explanation, too. If she wasn't buried, then maybe she was alive while missing for a while... I know we all hope that it was quick and soon after! But I have been concerned that she may have been held and used for a while first, I hate to say. If so, then my 2 top theories are #1 gang related/ known by someone who knows her/ forced prostitution or servitude, or #2 sex offender from one of those maps I attached, in the general area.
Please let me be wrong!!!

How many people and what people exactly state they SAW Adrienne after she left with her boyfriend?

Zero.

ETA: Sorry Guys. I was going by the roommate's televised interviews where she said no one had seen her come back. Had not read the reports. Thanks.

Really? They need to fix the police report then, because in it both Flores and Duggan say they saw and spoke to her. Huh.

ETA:

11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members