Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Authorities in Glendale issued a Silver Alert on Monday for an autistic teenage girl who went missing.

Alicia Navarro, 14, was last seen in the area of 45th Avenue and Rose Lane early in the morning.
upload_2019-9-16_13-29-19.jpeg
Navarro suffers from social and sensory anxiety and had not taken her medication.

Navarro is 4-foot-5, weighs 92 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information as to Navarro’s whereabouts should call 911.
Silver Alert issued for autistic Glendale teenager

The Arizona Department of Public Safety says Alicia Navarro was last seen on foot near 45th Avenue and Rose Lane.
DPS: Autistic teen reported missing from Glendale

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
To any new members, Welcome to Websleuths and Thank You for being here to discuss Alicia's case.

Websleuths has a strict set of rules compared to other sites. We understand that it may take a while for new members to familiarize themselves with all of them.

WS does not allow information to be stated as fact if it is not substantiated by a link to MSM, or unless the poster has been approved as a Verified Insider.

Also, WS does not allow public sleuthing of individuals unless they are the victim or a person who is officially named a POI or suspect by law enforcement.

The Rules (aka TOS) can be found here and are also linked in my signature.

If you have questions about the rules, please private message of Mod or Admin and we will be happy to clarify for you.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Please read The Rules. Names and details of people not named as POIs or suspects is not allowed and there is a separate set of rules re Registered Sex Offenders.

If members want to know if something is allowed, they should first familiarize themselves with The Rules, and if still not clear, they should either Report on any post to ask, or private message a Moderator or Admin to ask before posting.

We do not have staff sitting in any one thread reading posts 24/7 in real time and we may not see the post until it is too late and then major cleanup is required.

MOD NOTE:

Some of you need a serious refresher on the rules here. MANY posts removed!

Social media rules are below this post - read them and realize that what has been discussed here is NOT ALLOWED!

Websleuths is a victim friendly place. Friends and family of the victim are considered victims themselves, and don't deserve disparaging comments.

PLEASE don't respond to obvious violations of TOS. Just report and move on.

Not trying to diss any religion but instead of being groomed is it possible that Alicia connected with someone online discussing religion and a belief system? I was shocked to learn that Havre, regardless of its small size has a fairly robust congregation and a temple in Havre. It is the second largest religion after Roman Catholicism in Montana.

<modsnip>

It's just something that I thought of when people were questioning Alicia's choice of clothing - demure bordering on frumpy. I could be way off base here but I guess it's just one more theory to throw out there. Carry on.

Not trying to diss any religion but instead of being groomed is it possible that Alicia connected with someone online discussing religion and a belief system? I was shocked to learn that Havre, regardless of its small size has a fairly robust congregation and a temple in Havre. It is the second largest religion after Roman Catholicism in Montana.

<modsnip

It's just something that I thought of when people were questioning Alicia's choice of clothing - demure bordering on frumpy. I could be way off base here but I guess it's just one more theory to throw out there. Carry on.
I noticed this really early on too after someone mentioned she went to Catholic School. Havre has a lot of places of faith. Like my area has liquor stores. LOL

Moo..her mom was most probably picking out her clothes for her, her mom was very protective and influenced her, eye brow threading etc.
Imo...she looks relaxed on the reserve. She will have a huge extended family and they are protective of her, as seen by driving her around and such. Most importantly they accept her just the way she is, and that must be a wonderful relief for her. Plus she has a puppy to play with.
It is her future that is important, can't change the past. The past should not be her burden, that's for the law to deal with. Moo

Alicia picked out her own clothes and insisted on wearing sweatshirts, even in the heat (source: The Vanished Podcast). Alicia wanted to get her eyebrows threaded.

You think she looks relaxed based on those pictures? How do you know she has a huge family who accept her for who she is? IMO, I don't see how Alicia can be in a good situation with that man (no, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt). I think she has been mentally and sexually abused over these last 4 years. The whole situation is sick. Alicia has had her braces on for over 4 years. She hasn't been to school. No one is taking care of her. She does not look well or happy to me. This man doesn't care for her well-being. All MMO.

It may also stall LE's investigation. The tribes at Ft Belknap Agency have their own courts, law enforcement, etc.

While LE can continue to do some investigation on their own, in other jurisdictions, they're going to be limited in their ability to get, say, search warrants for cell phones, internet activity, etc. JMO, they probably won't be able to question Alicia, her partner, etc. Perhaps @gitana1 can explain better how this works.

FBI has certain jurisdiction, but I think Montana and AZ LE have to work with the tribal authorities for anyone living on the reservation.

JMO/IANAL
I don’t know much about it except: 1) The feds appear to have jurisdiction over major crimes involving tribal members, occurring in tribal lands and; 2) If a crime didn’t occur on tribal lands, I believe both state and federal laws would apply to the defendant, even if that person now lives on the reservation.

I think Alicia was groomed online and lured away by the promise of something very valuable to her. I think in her nativity she did only mean to be gone for a short time. Her 15th birthday was just around the corner, and she put on the note that she would be back. I think that she wasn’t able to get back, the groomer likely strung it out with excuses in the early days. And she didn’t have the resources to get home herself.
Its concerning to me that this groomer I am imagining is likely to repeat this behaviour in future. In his eyes it worked well for him the first time. I have no idea if the person she is with at the moment is the groomer, but in my opinion it’s likely. For this reason I really hope agencies pursue the investigation.
All my opinion and thoughts only.

The reservation they are now living in is plagued by violence, drugs and sex crimes — sparking fears for her safety.

We have high incidents of substance abuse, drug abuse, alcohol abuse [and a] lot of inter-generational traumas with abuse in general,” tribal member Connie Filesteel who was born and raised on the reservation and lived there most of her life told The Post.
Among the more serious recent crimes, two Fort Belknap residents were sentenced to 22 years for sexual abuse of a 12-year-old in 2019.
Nine sex offenders are also listed as living on the tribal grounds.
Another Montana resident received a six-year prison sentence in 2022 after he admitted to trafficking meth on the reservation.”

Source: Alicia Navarro moves to reservation plagued by meth, sex crimes — and tribal members are wary

1691183553676.jpeg
(I hope The fbi collected that garbage bag for investigation. guy might Start throwing away evidence).

Moo

Last edited:
The reservation they are now living in is plagued by violence, drugs and sex crimes — sparking fears for her safety.

We have high incidents of substance abuse, drug abuse, alcohol abuse [and a] lot of inter-generational traumas with abuse in general,” tribal member Connie Filesteel who was born and raised on the reservation and lived there most of her life told The Post.
Among the more serious recent crimes, two Fort Belknap residents were sentenced to 22 years for sexual abuse of a 12-year-old in 2019.
Nine sex offenders are also listed as living on the tribal grounds.
Another Montana resident received a six-year prison sentence in 2022 after he admitted to trafficking meth on the reservation.”

Source: Alicia Navarro moves to reservation plagued by meth, sex crimes — and tribal members are wary

View attachment 439065
(I hope The fbi collected that garbage bag for investigation. guy might Start throwing away evidence).

Moo
"
“His family is supporting him,” tribal member Cheryl Horn said in reference to Davis “but all the rest of the community not wanting this.”

“Just because he’s here doesn’t mean we want him here,” Horn added."

"
Another tribe member, Jr Healy, claims a group of men who are part of the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Woman (MMIW) movement want to reach Navarro.

“Me and some of the MMIW people, we wanted to try to get her away from him,” Healy, 55, said, adding he doesn’t like reservation making national headlines for allowing Davis to stay there.

“We need to have a certified advocate to sit with her while she’s not around him,” Healy said.

“We have our own domestic violence, we have our own murders, we have our own MMIWs, we have enough unsolved things here,” Horn added."

-----

MOO I pray that Alicia takes them up on having someone from the MMIW sit with her and speak with her. These could be people who 90%-100% understand her situation. Someone she might be able to grow to trust. I had wondered how the community would welcome them since mmiwg2s exists because of the loss most of these communities go through. If he lured her out of her home, that is exactly what they stand against.

Hopefully, I can quote these to help readers understand who is on Alicia Navarros side and pushing for truth, consequences, and Alicia Navarro's physical & mental health.

"Cheryl Horn, a Missing and Murdered Indigenous People advocate, has been hired to serve as the tribal victim liaison for the Montana Board of Crime Control. She starts in mid-September."

Another tribe member, Jr Healy, claims a group of men who are part of the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Woman (MMIW) movement want to reach Navarro.

“Me and some of the MMIW people, we wanted to try to get her away from him,” Healy, 55, said, adding he doesn’t like reservation making national headlines for allowing Davis to stay there.

It sounds like they're concerned about the situation, as they should be. They're trying to eliminate those problems in their own community

"
“His family is supporting him,” tribal member Cheryl Horn said in reference to Davis “but all the rest of the community not wanting this.”

“Just because he’s here doesn’t mean we want him here,” Horn added."

"

“We need to have a certified advocate to sit with her while she’s not around him,” Healy said.

“We have our own domestic violence, we have our own murders, we have our own MMIWs, we have enough unsolved things here,” Horn added."

-----

MOO I pray that Alicia takes them up on having someone from the MMIW sit with her and speak with her. These could be people who 90%-100% understand her situation. Someone she might be able to grow to trust. I had wondered how the community would welcome them since mmiwg2s exists because of the loss most of these communities go through. If he lured her out of her home, that is exactly what they stand against.

Hopefully, I can quote these to help readers understand who is on Alicia Navarros side and pushing for truth, consequences, and Alicia Navarro's physical & mental health.

"Cheryl Horn, a Missing and Murdered Indigenous People advocate, has been hired to serve as the tribal victim liaison for the Montana Board of Crime Control. She starts in mid-September."
I remember Cheryl Horn from the very sad case of Selena Not Afraid in 2019. Cheryl had a large presence on SM in that case, supported the search efforts, and did media interviews. I was going to say that I'm not sure she has the particular expertise that Alicia's situation may require, but I may be wrong about that. Based on the article you've linked, she's gained quite a bit of experience as an advocate since her niece went missing and was later found deceased. MOO

She is autistic, which means no, she is not cracking smiles left and right even if she is bursting in seams with happiness. Autistic people are very much known from, well, not so expressive faces. I was asked countless times in my life why am I sad or angry, when I was perfectly happy and enjoying myself. It's getting a tad ridiculous, I think.

Quoting this from the previous thread. Personally, I am on the spectrum or maybe just off of it. I am pretty sure you could tell I was happy if I was bursting in the seems with happiness. But, generally I often feel projected on, including by my mother.

It's not that uncommon for my mom to surmise that I'm depressed or something, and she likes to remind me that it's ok to see a therapist or that it's normal to take anti-depressants, as if maybe I would benefit from that or maybe I need that. But ironically, that happens when I'm not depressed and generally feeling ok. Whereas if I say I feel a certain way about something, and it goes against hopes, desires, or expectations, I swear she won't necessarily even acknowledge that I actually feel that way. It's like she projects that I am simply too stubborn to do what she knows I really want to do, or what she thinks any "normal" person would do, or something. I can say no over and over again over the course of weeks or even years and she will still passive aggressively nag me as if she actually expects me to eventually come around and say yes. I can certainly be stubborn but in various cases I am simply saying no to something I would not ever come close to considering.

I have loving parents and was given independence and financial support, and I feel petty complaining about them in a community like WS. I guess the point is even as an adult I struggle to and in some cases cannot assert myself against my parents, and set boundaries in a manner that is both mature and respectful yet also effective. Internally it's a point of contention for me. Asserting myself in general is maybe a point of contention for me. I can and will do it if I need to but it requires energy if it doesn't cause anxiety. So I often won't bother, and I might let myself get pushed around, but if I make an effort and it's fruitless that's just frustrating.

More generally, if we're talking random people, they can probably treat me how they want and there's a good chance I won't care, it's easy to brush things off and get on with my life without much bother. But with my parents I feel like I either need to assert boundaries or otherwise cut them out of my life to a large effect, and on top of that I feel some responsibility to them and it ends up a source of stress that weighs on me quite a bit. For that and other reasons, there are lots of things in life that I would choose to put up with before I agreed to move back in with them as an adult. I wouldn't even be thrilled to live near them. A quick Google search tells me that my experience is probably not atypical.

I don't know that much about Alicia, and I can't put myself in her shoes and am as curious as anyone as to how she has gotten by over the past few years. But I find it perfectly believable that she might legitimately not want to return to living with her mother, and hasn't simply fallen victim to Stockholm syndrome. It also wouldn't surprise me if she independently chose to run away because she came to a calculated conclusion that it was necessary for her mental heath, and not simply because she was lured by a man. I am pretty sure change is stressful for most on the spectrum, and a big decision like running away probably would not have been made on a whim.

That is not to say that there is nothing inherently suspicious about a 30+ year old man discretely living with a 17/18 year old girl reported missing several years prior. But I think the potential motivations at play here on Alicia's end, create atypical possibilities as far as WS goes.

Beyond that, I think many people here have their own life experiences to project on this situation, and I think it is probably healthy to simply acknowledge that we don't know what we don't know.

New photos obtained of runaway Alicia Navarro show her and boyfriend Eddy Davis, 36, moving the remainder of their belongings to his mother's trailer home on the Fort Belknap Reservation on Thursday. The pair were seen emptying the trunk of an SUV and carrying several items.

Nine sex offenders are said to be residing on the land. "We obviously have a lot of real positives but also we also deal a lot of these inter-generational traumas," Filesteel said.

"It is a blessing that after being missing for so long Alicia can come back home," said a spokesperson for the Glendale Police Department.

"Alicia is an adult, so it will be her decision as to whether or not she remains in Montana, returns to Arizona, or goes elsewhere, regardless of the investigation," they clarified.

New photos obtained of runaway Alicia Navarro show her and boyfriend Eddy Davis, 36, moving the remainder of their belongings to his mother's trailer home on the Fort Belknap Reservation on Thursday. The pair were seen emptying the trunk of an SUV and carrying several items.

Nine sex offenders are said to be residing on the land. "We obviously have a lot of real positives but also we also deal a lot of these inter-generational traumas," Filesteel said.

"It is a blessing that after being missing for so long Alicia can come back home," said a spokesperson for the Glendale Police Department.

"Alicia is an adult, so it will be her decision as to whether or not she remains in Montana, returns to Arizona, or goes elsewhere, regardless of the investigation," they clarified.
Has she ever referred to him as anything but "uncle"?

I trust my spidey sense.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592