Height: 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight: 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: January 1, 1970
NamUs Case Created: March 29, 2019
Last Known Location Map
County: Maricopa County

Circumstances of Disappearance: In 1970 Arthur John Levario Sr. was last known to be alive in Phoenix, Arizona

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
Scar on left elbow

NamUs

Is UP6622 listed as an exclusion for Mr. Levario? I'm not sure at what age the "detached olecranon process" would have occurred, but there are some similarities, including a scar on the left elbow...

Biological Sex: Male
Estimated Age Range (Years): 49-99
Estimated Year of Death: 2006
Height: 6' 0"(72 inches) , Measured
Weight: 134 lbs, Measured
County: Pima County
Circumstances of Recovery: Decedent was discovered by police during routine patrol of a large transient camp. Police knew the decedent as "Bill."
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Scar/mark: Possible scar on left elbow (inferred from detached olecranon process).
Other distinctive physical characteristic: The left elbow had been injured, resulting in a pseudo-arthrosis through the ulnar olecranon process.

I’ve been researching Arthur today. Unfortunately, there’s not much to be found regarding his disappearance. I tried desperately to find any record of him from the mid 60s to early 70s. Here’s what I’ve pieced together so far.

8 Dec 1928: Adolpho Levario is born in Phoenix, Arizona.

4 Apr 1929: By now, his name has changed to Arthur Rodolpho and eventually Arthur John. (Similar changes can be found for his siblings, so not entirely unusual.)

1930: Living on Hadley St. in Phoenix. Listed as Arturo.

1940: Living on Hadley St. in Phoenix. Listed as Arthur J.

1943: His father dies.

1946: Vital stats on his military registration card (Levarrio) are as follows: 5’11” tall, 164 pounds, brown hair and eyes and a light complexion.

6 Feb 1946: He marries FMR in Pinal County, AZ.

Dec 1946: Jr. is born.

1950: He’s living with his mother and brother, and Jr. and FMR with her parents. Her marital status is ‘divorced’.

25 Nov 1950: He marries GMG in Maricopa County, AZ. (Unsure of their divorce)

Apr 1951: He was sent to military training in San Francisco, CA.

Sep 1953: He marries GPH. (I’ve only been able to find this on one public Ancestry tree with no source citation, but I feel it’s reliable.)

Feb 1954: A daughter is born.

Jul 1955: A daughter is born.

1955/1956: He and GPH are listed at 2 different addresses in Tacoma, WA directories. 524 Center and 1408 E 27th.

Aug 1956: He’s fined for drunk driving in Phoenix, AZ. (Luvario)

Feb 1957: A son is born.

1957: He and GPH are living at 1819 E Mohave in Phoenix, AZ.
IMG_3141.jpeg

May 1959: A daughter is born.

May 1961: Usher for a wedding (it’s possible this is Jr.)

Oct 1962: A son is born.

Nov 1971: GPH is listed as Levaris in her step/adopted father’s obituary, but no mention of Arthur.

Sept 1974: GPH’s son from a previous marriage weds in California. GPH is mentioned (AZ address) along with a few children, but no Arthur.

1979: His mother dies.

Feb 1985: GPH is listed as Levario in her mother’s obituary, but no mention of Arthur.

Last edited:
Is UP6622 listed as an exclusion for Mr. Levario? I'm not sure at what age the "detached olecranon process" would have occurred, but there are some similarities, including a scar on the left elbow...

Biological Sex: Male
Estimated Age Range (Years): 49-99
Estimated Year of Death: 2006
Height: 6' 0"(72 inches) , Measured
Weight: 134 lbs, Measured
County: Pima County
Circumstances of Recovery: Decedent was discovered by police during routine patrol of a large transient camp. Police knew the decedent as "Bill."
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Scar/mark: Possible scar on left elbow (inferred from detached olecranon process).
Other distinctive physical characteristic: The left elbow had been injured, resulting in a pseudo-arthrosis through the ulnar olecranon process.

I think this match could work. I first thought the height difference was a bit much, but finding his military registration card listing 5’11” as his height changed that. The elbow injury is pretty compelling IMO. I wonder why, if he was known to police, a photo or reconstruction wasn’t published. They even knew “Bill” by name.

I searched newspaper archives, but didn’t find anything. Plenty of articles about remains found by the USBP in and around the Tohono O’Odham Reservation. It’s unfortunately common for staggering amounts of unidentified remains to be recovered from areas this close to the Mexican border. I thought maybe this was one of those cases, but they’re often documented as such in NamUs and this one isn’t.

It would be nice to have a photo to compare Arthur to, but maybe @SimsGuy67 would be willing to create one of those comparison tables for us. I know those always help me! :cool:

I think this match could work. I first thought the height difference was a bit much, but finding his military registration card listing 5’11” as his height changed that. The elbow injury is pretty compelling IMO. I wonder why, if he was known to police, a photo or reconstruction wasn’t published. They even knew “Bill” by name.

I searched newspaper archives, but didn’t find anything. Plenty of articles about remains found by the USBP in and around the Tohono O’Odham Reservation. It’s unfortunately common for staggering amounts of unidentified remains to be recovered from areas this close to the Mexican border. I thought maybe this was one of those cases, but they’re often documented as such in NamUs and this one isn’t.

It would be nice to have a photo to compare Arthur to, but maybe @SimsGuy67 would be willing to create one of those comparison tables for us. I know those always help me! :cool:
Tucson John Doe UP6622Arthur John Levario MP56371
SexMaleMale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age49 - 9941 (approx. 77 in 2006)
DLC/DODDays before Discovery1970
Height6'5'9 - 6'
Weight134 pounds170 - 180 pounds
Hair ColorGray (Due to Aging)Brown
Eye ColorUnknownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesPossible scar on left elbow, which was injured, resulting in a pseudo-arthrosis through the ulnar olecranon process.Scar on left elbow.
CircumstancesDiscovered by police during search of transient camp. Was known to them as "Bill."Last known to be in Phoenix, Arizona, sometime in 1970.
DistancePhoenix - Tucson112 miles

That was quick! Thank you SimsGuy!

I feel like any discrepancies can be explained by the amount of time between disappearance and discovery. I think it’s worth submitting.

@Oiseaux This is the link I use to submit potential matches (if you’re not comfortable reaching out to agencies via telephone). Potential Match Submission To Panel

If you need help or have questions, you know where to find me! :D

So, I have done a ton of research in this case. I have his missing person report along with this full military records. <modsnip> It's a very unusual case. I will post some relevant information. <modsnip>

Because the information is lengthy, I will post piecemeal.

First, here is Mr. Levario's identifiers:

Nickname/Alias
Arthur John Levarrio
Arthur John Lebario
Arthur John Levari
Arthur John Lavarro
Arthur Rodolpho Levario
Arturo Rodolpho Levario
Arthur John Luvario
Adolpho Rodolpho Levario

Social Security # <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: no approved source links>

I have filed several public records requests for any arrest records or incident reports, but have so far been unsuccessful.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MadMcGoo and @SimsGuy67 - Thank you so much for this info! I posted the above before I really figured out how to use WS and I didn’t see your responses somehow until today’s notification. I really appreciate your help and encouragement. I’ll submit and see what happens!

@Chaucer - interested to see the info you’ve found. Sounds like a lot!

@Oiseaux I have researched the case for a number of years. I have his missing persons report from the Phoenix PD, his full military records, and have even spoken to the case detective and the contact person on NAMUS. I have also spoken with several family members.

I have a full dossier on him.

What is your interest in this case?

@Oiseaux I have researched the case for a number of years. I have his missing persons report from the Phoenix PD, his full military records, and have even spoken to the case detective and the contact person on NAMUS. I have also spoken with several family members.

I have a full dossier on him.

What is your interest in this case?
Nothing specific, just trying to find opportunities to help look at old cases. This gentleman had some characteristics I started searching for in Namus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back