Identified! AZ - Coconino County, Human remains found, Nov'11 - James Waibel

I believe a lobotomy would be in the frontal region of brain. I'll have to do research but I believe it would be done in back of brain to relieve pressure of some sort off the spinal cord.

Edit-Googling I found reference also to boring holes in the frontal lobe for seizures/epilepsy. Strange.

If it is in the occipital or suboccipital lobe of the brain they could be occipital punctures used to relieve pressure or to collect spinal fluid simular to a lumbar puncture.

Yes I know lobotomies are in the front. I mentioned them as an example of procedures that were much more commonly done in the past than now. From what I understand and have read (not recently), they were done in psychiatric facilities.

Wouldn't stents be more common in recent years, than boring holes, to relieve pressure? Altho perhaps it depends on many factors, such as severity of the condition.

Yes I know lobotomies are in the front. I mentioned them as an example of procedures that were much more commonly done in the past than now. From what I understand and have read (not recently), they were done in psychiatric facilities.

Wouldn't stents be more common in recent years, than boring holes, to relieve pressure? Altho perhaps it depends on many factors, such as severity of the condition.

Yes, according to Wiki it is a proceedure that dates back to ancient times for mental illness type behavor. Probably not very successful back then I would think.

Searching more, it could be from a craniotomy (sp) to remove part of the skull due to a tumor or something. Hard to tell what it was for without knowing which lobe it was. Guy definately had something going on with his brain.

This is a great find.

Here's a missing guy about the right age range, was in remission from brain cancer and may have it again. Missing from Oregon. If he had a tumor before they may have done a procedure like this to relieve pressure or a craniotomy to remove a tumor. Interesting.
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Search-for-missing-volunteer-focuses-on-Portland-130535173.html
https://sites.google.com/site/findmarkb/
Ohmygosh, I didn't even think of Mark...I've tried to keep up on his case...

Maybe you should contact LE...altho he went missing on Sept. 16 (so not within 6-12 months range of remains).

Mark Boswick was in remission from Non hodgkins lymphoma, not brain cancer like the newspaper said. I just read most of his blog. He had a blog about his road to remission basically. Anyways, he had bone morrow transplants,radiation,and chemo, no surgery.

A friend of the family has blogged online that the remains have been identified by dental records as Jim Waibel. Nothing yet on MSM or with the Coconino Sheriff's office.

Waibel's Namus file has been closed, reason= found

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back