AZ AZ - Cynthia, 15, & Jackie Leslie, 13, Mesa, 31 July 1974

Today is the thirty-sixth anniversary of the disappearance of Cynthia Ardina and Jackie Lynn Leslie.

It's unbelievable that it's been so long. I think they should put a cold case team on this case, like they are doing for Deanie Peters. It seems like it's a case that's open, but not being activley investigated.

About a week ago the Doe Network added the following 2 unidentified women to their site:

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2265.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2264.html

They were found together in Maricopa County, from where the Leslie girls disappeared. I know the estimated age of one of the women is older than either Cynthia or Jackie, but I say that for obvious reasons it would be foolish for there not to be an investigation.

I e-mailed the Doe Network about this, and this was their response:

Dave,

I checked and we do not show that these have been checked. I will send them to our possible match panel on your behalf.

Thanks,
Rocky

well maybe a secret pact between a group of boys then?
alcohol,maybe drugs,2 young girls,....maybe an accident,maybe rape and the girls would tell their parents and police and the boys kill them?
don´t understand why some people stated they saw the girls at the party and some people didn´t,..guess some poor LE investigation

well maybe a secret pact between a group of boys then?
alcohol,maybe drugs,2 young girls,....maybe an accident,maybe rape and the girls would tell their parents and police and the boys kill them?
don´t understand why some people stated they saw the girls at the party and some people didn´t,..guess some poor LE investigation

This is what I also think, there had to be someone these girls were meeting at a party.
I have considered:
1. The person/people at the party may have taken them elsewhere, raped the girls and killed them to silence them.
2. The possibility of drugs/alcohol being at the party, maybe the girls over dosed or something accidental happened, which was covered up.
3. Despite it being a short walk, what if they accepted a ride to or after the party by someone bad? Any evidence if they made it to the party? Who was there, how many people, any older boy, etc?
I think many people know what happened but are silent to not get involved, in my opinion, if you pick not to come forward, you are just as guilty, being a silent witness.
And yes, sister abductions are rare, 2 girls abducted at the same time is rare, but think of the lyon sisters, the bradley sisters, etc,

Someone who was at that party knows something. Sadly short of a death bed confession or an aggressive new pursuit of this case by LE I don't think it's going to resolve itself. Would love to know more about who was at that party.......

I absolutely agree, hopefully guilt will trickle in as time goes by. I wonder if Jackie and Cynthia hung out with the same friends, even though they were a few numbers apart in age. When your a teen, age difference seems so much more than it is

Possible Suspect: Ellwood Leroy Leuschner

I have often wondered if the Leslie Sisters might have been abducted by Ellwood Leroy Leuschner.

The link below is a Websleuths discussion with a lot of information on this serial rapist, pedophile, and serial killer. He had been convicted of rape, sent to prison, and was paroled. While on parole, he raped a 12-year-old girl in a church and was sent back to prison.

Leuschner was AGAIN paroled in the Los Angles, California some time in 1974, exact date not known, and so he was free to travel around.

He was arrested in November 1977 in Salisbury, Maryland where he was charged with, and later convicted of the separate murders of two little 9-year-old boys.

He claimed to have been in Maryland since 1974, but California authorities stated that he left their state in 1976 to avoid yet another rape charge. It is likely that he spent time traveling around and checking back in California with his parole officer between 1974 and 1976.

LINK:

MD Meet Ellwood Leroy LEUSCHNER serial rapist and murderer - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Interesting case-reminds me of the Houston trio, the sisters in New Mexico-what is odd to me is this-the family had only been in this area for a month before the girls vanished. Yet in that time one of the girls managed to make the acquaintance of a girl her disliked and to make a circle of friends who called the house.

So, here are my ?'s:

1)What exactly was it about this boy that her father didn't like? Was he interviewed by LE?

2)Was he a regular member of the crowd at the party that the girls went to?

3) These friends who stopped calling-were they mostly male or female?

The people who attended that party should have been rounded up and water boarded until the truth was told. My confidence and trust in society as we know it is sorely tested by cases like this. I'd say many people at the party (possibly all of them) know exactly what happened. All that's needed is for one link in the chain to break, one person to have their guilt get the better of them and I don't think I'd lose much sleep if I though someones constitutional rights had been violated in order to break that link.

I'm new to Websleuths, but I remember reading about this. I can't believe how long it's been for the family to wait in limbo wondering what happened to these girls. Hopefully, something will come to light and give this family some justice. :(

1. Did the Leslie sisters know anyone in the area before they moved? Maybe they met some kids when they travelled with their parents for the father's cancer treatments?

2. If the Leslie sisters didn't know anyone in the area prior to the move, how did they become so popular so quickly to be invited to a party? This could have been one of those wild parties where everyone gets invited. That can be BAD NEWS.

3. Were they trying to keep a sense of normalcy in their lives by going to the party? Dad was dying, surely they were old enough to know he was dying.

4. Did the girls revert to hanging out with a "bad crowd" to forget their father's impending death?

I hate to think it, but they probably met some very bad guys at the party and were murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back