GUILTY AZ - Dani Mayo, 3, beaten to death, Phoenix, 28 Oct 2011

​A Phoenix woman was arrested yesterday after police determined that she knew her husband was abusing her 3-year-old daughter and did nothing to stop it.

As her husband continuously beat her daughter, police say the girl's mother knew of the abuse, and even documented it with photos on her cell phone.

Also on Ambreatte Daniels' cell phone, police found text messages discussing the bite mark on the girl's butt. Police also found text messages where the Daniels discussed using duct tape to bound the girl so she wouldn't be able to put her hands behind her back while she was getting spanked.

She should be sent to prison for the rest of her natural life!

JMO.

It would be easy to blame boyfriends and stepparents as a group when these poor kids are abused, sometimes even killed.

But to me, it is more than the stepparent group. Too many parents abuse and kill to make it the steparent group's fault. Too many parents know and turn a blind eye to make it all the stepparents fault.

Even though they don't have the same attachment, some stepparents make good parents. Some boyfriends enjoy time with the "little guy or gal". Most are responsible people. But just like some parents, some stepparents and boyfriend/girlfriends should never be left alone with a child.

We see a lot of stepparent/boyfriend related child deaths. But we see almost as many mother/father related child deaths.

The relationship to the child is not the problem. The degree of humanness of the parent/stepparent is the problem.

The relationship to the child is not the problem. The degree of humanness of the parent/stepparent is the problem.

Respectfully snipped.

I have been lurking on WS for about 5 weeks. I started here by following the LI case. I started looking at other threads. This is my first post.

I was stunned (and still am) by the number of cases where parents abuse or kill their children. Look at the woman in TN that gave birth to twins, suffocated them, and put them in her laundry hamper. Or the mom in this case taking photos of the abuse of this poor little girl and turning a blind eye. WTF?

Not to take away from this case - there's another case out there (I'm too new to start a thread or I would regarding this - can someone else do it?) of an 8-week old in OH on life support at the hands of his dad (mom wasn't home at the time).

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/12/us-crime-baby-wipe-idUSTRE7AB0R820111112

The father claims that he wiped the baby's mouth and the baby wipe went missing. He also claims that he found it in his son's mouth and accidentally lodged it further in when he tried to get it out. (I thought that an infant's gag reflex would cause a wipe to not accidentally get down his throat?). This poor little one also had a detached eye lens at 5 days old - it was unreported.

Relationship aside, there are a lot of monsters out there. It breaks my heart and makes me want to spit nails at the same time.

Welcome to Ws's Gingy.. we have a thread for the poor suffocated on a wet wipe baby, but I cannot remember where, it might be Crimes in the news.

I'm rather new to this Crimes- Spotlight on Children Forum, brought here by the Penn State rapes, yet I've been following missing children, who are oftentimes murdered children, and often at the hands of a parental figure. This place, where every one features the unthinkable, is absolutely gut wrenching-- it leaves me weak and completely sad.

I need to temper my steel a little more to comprehend the heartrending commonness of these crimes. It's simply mind boggling to me right now... :(

Welcome to Ws's Gingy.. we have a thread for the poor suffocated on a wet wipe baby, but I cannot remember where, it might be Crimes in the news.

Thanks for the welcome!

I can't find the story either and would like to follow it. LE hasn't released the child's name and MSM only says that he is on life support. Per the Daily Mail, the wipe had to be surgically removed. If anyone happens to come across the thread, can you let me know?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

I just do not understand at all, the reasons why these mothers allow these guys to abuse their children. This B*itch was even texting him about it!!! Are they that desperate for attention and love, money, drugs? Are they plain evil? Brainwashed? Mental health issues? Or just not care?

If you can't care for, don't want your child, don't care in the slightest about them (which quite clearly these people don't) why not just give them up for adoption? Why subject them to this, and STAND BY and witness abuse and sometimes murder?

This poor little girl was beaten for wetting herself before the hot dog incident. She probably knew what was coming and was so terrified she wet herself. She never stood a chance :(

A hot dog? Maybe she just didn't like hot dogs? I don't like hot dogs...

Thanks for the welcome!

I can't find the story either and would like to follow it. LE hasn't released the child's name and MSM only says that he is on life support. Per the Daily Mail, the wipe had to be surgically removed. If anyone happens to come across the thread, can you let me know?

I actually think that thinking we already have this case here, we are probably confusing cases...

The baby from several months ago who had a wipe stuffed in his throat - http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133948&highlight=wipe

The baby girl who had a.... latex item in her throat... http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147188&page=2

I think you are talking about the recent case, Joshua Rains?

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co...0319/Father-charged-wipe-lodged-baby-s-throat

I don't believe there is a thread for that case, I thought there was, but I cannot find it searching with his name or other keywords.

I am sorry for the (very!) delayed response. Yes, Joshua Rains was who I was talking about. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find updates on the poor baby's condition. He was on life support in mid-November.

I have not been able to find anything new on little Dani, the subject of this thread.

I am sorry for the (very!) delayed response. Yes, Joshua Rains was who I was talking about. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find updates on the poor baby's condition. He was on life support in mid-November.

As far as this baby... For once... I can say "I have a GOOD update", I never get to do that. :)

I was going to start a thread for this baby, but I doubt that we will see much more about the case.
So I will just give you this update and call it good. :seeya:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/12/courtwatch_for_week_ending_dec.html

Joshua Rains, 25, of Cleveland: Arraigned Tuesday December 6, 2011 and freed on a $75,000 bond on charges of felonious assault, child endangering and domestic violence.

Rains was arrested Nov. 9 after he took his unconscious, not breathing 2-month-old son to MetroHealth Hospital Nov. 7 and said he had choked on a baby wipe.

The child recovered on life support. :woohoo: :great:

Okay, now somebody who is better at it than me, find out what is going on in Dani's case??
:waitasec:

Thank you for the update on the baby MsF - it was uplifting to hear some good news in these horrific cases.

As for Dani - I found this today - Corey Daniels next court date is tomorrow. He pled not guilty!!!!!

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...-guilty-in-stepdaughters-murder-case-11142011

Of course he did... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Police say Daniels admitted to hitting the girl 20 times with a belt and punching her with a closed fist in the chest, arms and legs, along with hitting her across the face with an open hand -- because she was "back talking" and not eating her hot dog.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/police-man-admits-to-severely-beating-3-year-old-girl-10282011

Nothing says Not Guilty like 20 lashes with a belt, hitting and punching...a 3 year old. :maddening: :maddening:

I was looking for details on Dani's mother's arraignment and came up empty. However, this article predates the news of the charges against her. It says she was 8 months pregnant at the time of Dani's death.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/child-abuse-10-31-2011

Assuming the report is true - presumably, she has given birth. With the charges against her, would the baby be removed from her care?

I found the DES report also - so, so sad.

https://www.azdes.gov/uploadedFiles/Children_Youth_and_Families/Child_Protective_Services_(CPS)/Child_Fatalities/Dani_Mayo_10_30_2011.pdf

ETA: link not working... Google "Dani Mayo" site:azdes.gov to find the report.

According to the court links Ambreatte Daniels has an initial pretrial hearing on 1/12/12. She apparently pled Not Guilty on 11/28/11.

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

For whatever reason I cannot find inmate information for Maricopa Co. It appears from the court docs dated 11/25 (arraignment hearing) that Ambreatte Daniels may have been released from jail as she was ordered to get a DNA test within 5 days of release and to see her atty prior to the hearing on 1/12/12.

ETA Nope she has a $200,000 bond and was still being held - hopefully no one posted that for her! (Corey Daniels Bond is set at $850,000.)

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112011/m4995976.pdf

So just how does a 3 yr old little girl 'backtalk.' What a pathetic coward. :mad::mad::mad:

Excuse me, while I go dry heave. I don't want to put humans in different categories, but I find that step parents, especially those under the age of 30, should not be left alone with their girl friends, wives, what have you, children. I hate to say it, but same goes for step moms. What is wrong with these humans who have the mental capacity (or lack thereof) to crush babies? What is that mind set? It's not happening in Sweden, where my mum lives. It's not happening in Paris, where my sister lives. I'm speechless.

Excuse me, while I go dry heave. I don't want to put humans in different categories, but I find that step parents, especially those under the age of 30, should not be left alone with their girl friends, wives, what have you, children. I hate to say it, but same goes for step moms. What is wrong with these humans who have the mental capacity (or lack thereof) to crush babies? What is that mind set? It's not happening in Sweden, where my mum lives. It's not happening in Paris, where my sister lives. I'm speechless.

I see you are a new poster here. Welcome to WS.

Unfortunately, If you spend some time searching the forums, you'll see that biological parents can be just as cruel to their kids as stepparents and boyfriends/girlfriends. It is disgusting and leaves you speechless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back