AZ AZ - Flagstaff, WhtMale UP9964, 15-18, in mortuary garage, May'01

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

From the circumstances, bolded by me: On May 22, 2001, the skeletal remains of an unidentified male were found in the attic of a local mortuary in Flagstaff, Arizona. It is believed that these remains were originally found in the late 1950’s in the area of Williams, Arizona. The remains are believed to be those of a white male between 15 and 18 years of age. He had brown hair, approximately four inches in length. It is possible he was found wearing a tan or yellow plaid short-sleeved button-down shirt, blue or gray plaid pants and blue tennis shoes.

So apparently found elsewhere and moved to the funeral home for storage.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

From the circumstances, bolded by me: On May 22, 2001, the skeletal remains of an unidentified male were found in the attic of a local mortuary in Flagstaff, Arizona. It is believed that these remains were originally found in the late 1950’s in the area of Williams, Arizona. The remains are believed to be those of a white male between 15 and 18 years of age. He had brown hair, approximately four inches in length. It is possible he was found wearing a tan or yellow plaid short-sleeved button-down shirt, blue or gray plaid pants and blue tennis shoes.

So apparently found elsewhere and moved to the funeral home for storage.
OooooOh now that makes more sense now why they were looking to find out who it was.

I just got a newspapers.com subscription, so I'm looking for missing young men from that era and area. I already found one from 1960, but that may be too late for this UID. (I'm not finding a lot of pictures of the missing in these very old cases.)

I searched newspapers for “missing boy” in Arizona from 1953-1960 (quite a few but most turned up). These are two I couldn’t find follow ups for. Definitely a long shot!

C87260FC-CAFE-4E4D-9B2E-D43E06D603B7.jpeg

Last edited:
I searched newspapers for “missing boy” in Arizona from 1953-1960 (quite a few but most turned up). These are two I couldn’t find follow ups for. Definitely a long shot!

View attachment 369749
Pretty darn close as far as bone structure goes if you ask me, probably worth calling in.Polish_20220929_185418190.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a somewhat unlikely possible match, but I would like to know what you think about Gerald Montrio as a possible match for this John Doe.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Clues:
Discovered May 18, 2001
In a crate marked “Copper Casket Co.”
Invoice to T.J. Ruffner Mortuary
Shipping date: August 9, 1965
Sealed in plastic bags
Some bones of appendages were missing, suggesting animal activity if a body found outdoors
Male, 14-18, no signs of injury to the bones

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname