AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 7 mos, Tempe, 27 Dec 2009

New age-progession photo released for 'Baby Gabriel' who went missing in 2009 | Featured Articles | azfamily.com

Gabriel would now be 12 years old.

Elizabeth Johnson served prison time on a custodial interference conviction, but has since moved to New Mexico and recently announced via Facebook she is pregnant again.

60b6730aefb21.image.png

There is a lot of back and forth in this article as to which police department is/was handling this case, and how many leads may have never been followed up on. Below is a small snip.

Missing for 12 years, Baby Gabriel's family seeks answers

After 11 years of being told by both Tempe police and SAPD that the Missing Persons Case on Baby Gabriel was in the hands of SAPD, it suddenly belonged to Tempe, Arizona.

"I'm trying to wrap my head around that for the last 11 years. We've been told you guys had the case including by some of your detectives who were working on the case early on. And now to find out there really wasn't a case. It's like making my heart pound out of my chest," says Peters.

Sandy Peters is Gabriel’s aunt. She has been helping his father, Logan McQueary since Gabriel went missing. This call with Missing Persons went on for 31 minutes. The civilian working in the unit gave Peters all kinds of possible reasons why Tempe police may have told them that SAPD had the case for more than a decade.

Dispatcher: “They might be a little confused because their Missing Persons Case in their homicide case are overlapping.”
Dispatcher: “No, he definitely hasn't been forgotten that case is definitely still with Tempe.”
Dispatcher: "I'll look around and see if I can find, maybe, you know, if there's another department that's been working with him but as far as a Missing Persons Case goes.”
Sandy: “There’s not one.”
Dispatcher: “I would start directing those things towards Tempe just for the time being."

Shocked -- the family now wants answers and someone to be held accountable--- if none of the more than 25 thousand tips the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says they’ve received about Gabriel, have been looked at.

"So I asked this person in San Antonio Missing Children. So, what's happening to those leads are you guys looking at them. And he said, why would we look at them there. It's not our case," says Peters.

Late today, the San Antonio Police Department offered an interview with a lieutenant in charge of the public information office. Fox San Antonio will have that interview tomorrow. And also Baby Gabriel's father now wants the investigation moved to another agency.

Take my son’s missing person case out of McManus’ hands, says Baby Gabriel's dad

But where those leads may have gone is now another mystery for his family. The National Center of Missing and Exploited Children says there are tens of thousands of them.

However, the police department disputes that number and outlined they’ve received a total of only 17 leads between 2016 and 2020. That’s only part of what’s concerning the family. After three calls to the San Antonio Police Department last month, the family says they were told SAPD does *not* have a missing person case on Gabriel.

...snipped

Tempe police were surprised when we called and asked if they had the open missing person case on Baby Gabriel. They sent us this statement, that in part reads:

“The missing person case related to Gabriel was transferred to the San Antonio Police Department in January of 2010.”

“At that point, we notified and met with members of the San Antonio Police Department to hand off the investigation.”

Dispatcher. "It's not our case. And so any tips that we have, we would have forwarded to Tempe."

“We called Tempe and they have no clue, why San Antonio would even direct them towards Tempe because they don't have an open case it was closed years ago,” says McQueary.

...snipped

"It's very unfortunate that the information has been miscommunicated, what I want the family to know is that the San Antonio Police Department does still have an active missing person case," says Lieutenant Michelle Ramos, SAPD.

The mistake according to Lt Michelle Ramos is that the civilians who answered the calls mistook one word to mean the case was in Tempe, Arizona.

"Tempe Arizona police department, entered baby Gabriel into the missing person database - so the police records that I have here, show that Gabriel was entered as missing with the Tempe Arizona police department," says Ramos. "So when the person in missing persons opened it, they saw originated, is that were the confusion was?" Yami asks. "I think that's the confusion because I'm not sure what happened in this case," says Ramos.

...snipped

Lt. Ramos assures the family that they have investigated every lead that has viable information.

"I'm not sure that the number of leads that were called into the San Antonio police department but I know every lead that they did have that was viable they did follow up on," says Ramos.

Viable - according to Ramos means a lead with a number, a name, and address something they can follow up on. Now Gabriel’s father says he has no confidence in the San Antonio Police Department and is asking the mayor and the city manager to honor his family’s wishes since they are the victims in this case.

"I want this case out of Chief McManus’ hands. I don't think that he is overlooking everything," says McQueary. “Somebody needs to be held accountable for what's happened."

Gabriel was born within days of my first son and I followed this case very closely for a long time. I just came across a news story about her being pregnant this morning. I see that someone posted here about her being pregnant but I couldn't find where a link was given. Also, this story includes a photo of EJ in all her proud pregnant glory. Where is Gabriel? He turned 12 in May. Dear Lord, please provide this family with the answers theyve needed for 12 years now and please keep this unborn child safe. Amen.

Link: https://www.abc15.com/news/state/el...child-as-her-son-has-not-been-seen-since-2009

Family celebrates 13th birthday for missing "Baby Gabriel Johnson"

San Antonio — SAN ANTONIO - A milestone for a missing child who disappeared from San Antonio. Gabriel Johnson went missing on Dec. 27.
At first his mother claimed to killing him, but then said she gave him away to a couple at a local park.

Elizabeth Johnson left Tempe, Arizona and brought him to San Antonio to try and adopt him out, despite his father’s objections to an adoption.
Johnson did time for custodial interference in Arizona. The boy has never been seen again and no one has been charged for his disappearance.

“We’ve never stopped looking for Gabriel, we never will. Every single day the first and last person we think about when every day is Gabriel. We are working with people around the United States to find you Gabriel” said Sandy Peters, Gabriel’s aunt. Today, if alive, Gabriel would be celebrating his 13th birthday.
Gabriel now would have siblings on both sides of his family. On his father’s side his siblings are celebrating his birthday May 3, with cake and other fun activities. The only thing they are missing according to them is Gabriel.

His mother Elizabeth Johnson Martinez had a baby girl 10 months ago. Peters is hoping Johnson will help them find the boy by finally sharing her side of the story. A story where she first said she had killed the baby. She later told FBI agents who found her after leaving San Antonio alone, she had made that up because she was angry. Johnson said she gave Gabriel to a couple at Raymond Rimkus Park who were friends of a family in Arizona and had wanted to adopt him, but Logan refused.

Today, Logan McQueary and his family still don’t know who is investigating the case since Tempe Police Department has said their case for Custodial Interference is closed. They say San Antonio Police have the Missing Persons case since Gabriel was last seen alive here. But SAPD says they are assisting Tempe and are sending all tips to them. For more than a year the family fears no one has looked at the leads. That is why they have retained Project Absentis to ensure that all leads called in are followed up on by law enforcement. Project Absentis is a non-profit organization made up of retired FBI and law enforcement agents. They are asking for all tips to go to SAPD. If you don’t want to go to law enforcement but have information you want to go to their website or call 726-777-1359. The call is anonymous.

(deep breath) IMO it is always even more tragic when a child is used as the pawn in custody issues. Some how the children pay the price for the selfish, disturbing, and criminal behavior of the (generally) revolting individuals involved in these situations. Terribly sad that the case appears to not have been managed well from the beginning. It makes the situation even more disturbing. You have a horrible tragedy combined with possible investigative neglect. Let's hope bikini momma doesn't find a way to become BFF's with Casey Anthony. (in my head cuss words)

unbelievable.

I like this:

It comes as the ‘Baby Gabriel’ case gains more and more publicity on podcasts, newscasts, and a soon-to-be docuseries.

A focus of all of them — Elizabeth still will not say where Gabriel is. “If this ends up on Hulu or Netflix or Paramount+ or whatever streaming is out there, it’s got such a bigger exposure than anything we’ve been able to do so far,” said Peters.

It’s getting more law enforcement exposure too. The case is now being investigated by Project Absentis, a nonprofit made up of former FBI agents, detectives, and intelligence officials. The official on Gabriel’s case is a former FBI special agent for 26 years.

Arizona’s Family spoke to the former FBI agent from Project Absentis Tuesday. He told us they have several leads on this case and have been conducting interviews with people in the past few weeks, now working to corroborate what they learned. They hope to have some new developments for everyone soon.

Elizabeth legally had her name changed on April 4th of this year from what I found online.

Just went to Google and typed in Naomi Aragon Los Lunas NM and it popped right up.

And I found her former baby registry on The Bump.

She went by Joanna Martinez on there

Elizabeth legally had her name changed on April 4th of this year from what I found online.

Just went to Google and typed in Naomi Aragon Los Lunas NM and it popped right up.

And I found her former baby registry on The Bump.

She went by Joanna Martinez on there

Interesting Faceboook page thanks the AZ press for noticing, and tells about her latest subterfuge imho:

Not sure how this works, but I've been told that if we continue to type "Baby Gabriel mom name change" into that Google search box, that is what will come up first when other people Google her name.

Anyone else hear this? We've discussed it on the Jennifer Dulos thread, some of us type "Michelle Troconis arrest warrant" occasionally just to keep things fresh. :cool:

Lemme go Google a bit....

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox