AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this person seems very desperate for a baby but does not seem to want to go through ordinary means to get one. Maybe there is some reason she couldn't pass a home study?

The desperation alone would disqualify her, I bet. She's shown basically she's concerned only with her needs and how she wants a child, not how the child might be affected.

Not only did she withhold information on the whereabouts of a missing child and a federal fugitive, she attempted extortion on the child's father, she should be hit with obstruction of justice for the way her stories change, if not aiding and abetting. She baby shops and obviously is not mentally stable...and yet, TPS is not in jail. If I had done all that, I'd have a brand new head shot, courtesy of the Flint PD.
So, what's her secret? Why is she not in jail right now?

Yes, what I would think when first seeing a young woman crying, distraught with a child, my first thought would not be that she doesn't want her child. I would think she is some kind of trouble. I certainly would not ask, "Are you looking for someone to give up the child?" Tammi is either lying or loony.
I tried to find court records to see if Tammi and her husband actually has temporary guardianship, but can't seem to find the right place to look for online records. I wonder if that is really true, although it seems they are now changing their story about whether they had guardianship or were just "babysitting".
I also would like to hear details about this supposed meeting in the airport. Where was Tammi going or coming from. What about EJ? I don't believe anything coming out of either of their mouths.

Yes, what I would think when first seeing a young woman crying, distraught with a child, my first thought would not be that she doesn't want her child. I would think she is some kind of trouble. I certainly would not ask, "Are you looking for someone to give up the child?" Tammi is either lying or loony.
I tried to find court records to see if Tammi and her husband actually has temporary guardianship, but can't seem to find the right place to look for online records. I wonder if that is really true, although it seems they are now changing their story about whether they had guardianship or were just "babysitting".
I also would like to hear details about this supposed meeting in the airport. Where was Tammi going or coming from. What about EJ? I don't believe anything coming out of either of their mouths.

I agree that the supposed meeting at the airport seems suspect. In the interview with the news when EJ is asked how she met the Smiths, TS seemed to trip over herself when she said "Er, um, the airport?". I have a feeling that they met somehow in the internet, in one of the baby hunting network sites that TSseemed to frequent. And I think this is how the couple in San Antonio couple got involved, too. I think this is the underground that TS was talking about, an underground network to procur babies without going through to typical steps. I still think there is a reason the Smiths would not have passed a home study that legitmate adoption sources require.

He did look uncomfortable. Very stiff. She looked like she was enjoying the interview way to much. She was smiling an awful lot which leads me to believe she knows where he is. If she was attached to the baby, she would be sick with worry as well. She knows.

Or, she's a nut who doesn't really love kids, just loves to collect them and to have the attention one gets from having children. Being on the news is probably very exciting for her.

Signing over temp. guardianship is perfectly legal. That doesn't make the papers fake, maybe without merit, but still real.

In most jurisdictions, you must have a court order and got through the courts to get such a guardianship. If they did not, then the papers are "faked". Singing over guardianship includes a requirement that all interested parties receive notice, like both parents. Signing papers without the force of court orders is not illegal but it renders such papers useless.

I've never given temp. guardianship to anyone. When I have left town without my kids, I've just given a medical release along with insurance cards in case anything medical was needed. I'm not sure if that would constitute as temp. guardianship but I didn't think so.....I could be wrong.

No, you are right. A medical release is different. Temporary guardianship is a legal status that must be approved by the court, at least in all the jurisdictions I'm familiar with. It also must be dissolved by the court. And that can be hard to do in my experience. I had a couple who gave temp. guardianship to an aunt who is very similar to Tammi. They did it because they had some temporary problems and needed a bit of help. After they got back on their feet, the aunt refused to give the child back. We fought for a year. They now have the child back and he is thriving. The aunt was keeping the child away from all of his extended family, parents, grandparents, etc. He was a tool for her. Unless there is a specific end date on a guardianship, it can be hard to undo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious