AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't LE confirm it was the Tornado bus stop across the street from the Motel 6 where she ditched the car? Didn't they have videos from the Motel 6 showing her going across the street? And didn't they confirm she bought a ticket under the name of Elizabeth Jones and the guy who works at Tornado gave the description of her wearing the backpack?

Sorry if I missed something. I'm fighting the flu today.

Quoting myself but....

Right....now the next thing is it Miami or Ft. Lauderdale like NG said last night?
Do we know for sure where she was going that site says Miami!
Is the ft. lauderdale info found anywhere else online.

going to search brb

Greyhound buses from San Antonio arrive Victoria at 1:05am, 6:10pm, and 9:30 pm.
Now we just need to know what time that ping was.

Didn't LE confirm it was the Tornado bus stop across the street from the Motel 6 where she ditched the car? Didn't they have videos from the Motel 6 showing her going across the street? And didn't they confirm she bought a ticket under the name of Elizabeth Jones and the guy who works at Tornado gave the description of her wearing the backpack?

Sorry if I missed something. I'm fighting the flu today.
All sounds right to me.
Get well soon.

From my understanding it was the media who said the cell phone pings showed her in Victoria heading to Mexico. I don't think LE has ever said this, but I could be wrong. What bothers me is if you are in San Antonio and want to go to Mexico, you would most likely not go through Victoria. So I thought the media was just being dramatic when they found out about the pings. I will be happy to eat crow if we find out different. Just pass the salt and pepper please.

Very interesting about Tornado bus company not going through Victoria at all. So, are the reports of pings in Victoria incorrect, or was she there before she ever got on the bus? On Tornado's website it does not show routes but there is a list of offices and one of them is Nashville, TN.

I thought TS said on NG that EJ's GPS showed that she went to Victoria BEFORE getting on the bus. Is that correct. Was the GPS still in her car ?
After NG, I read that there were cell phone pings in Victoria.
I don't think Victoria has anything to do with trying to cross into MX.

Both psychologists on NG tonight seemed to think that Gabe was probably no longer with us.

Salem

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I hope they are wrong, but it might explain the Smith's being too cavalier (it's overkill on the acting like nothings wrong?).

December 27th is the day the cell phone pinged in Victoria and December 27th is the day she left to get on the bus to head to Florida and December 27th is the day she texted Logan the message that she had killed Gabriel and put his body in the dumpster.

There is a reason why she went to Victoria. it is very possible that she went there to find a place to dump/hide Gabriel and then head back to SA to catch her bus ride to Miami.

I hope they have people looking for him in Victoria

Good idea. I hadn't thought of this at all. She easily could have driven the car to Victoria and back to San Antonio in just a few hours before ditching it and hopping on the bus.

According to the NG show and newspaper articles, the arrest documents are what say EJ's cell pinged in Victoria, TX, "heading for the Mexican border."

I wonder if she threw her cell phone into someone's car or on a bus.

Do we know if she had the cell phone after this? Or actually, I think it would technically just be the SIM card, not the phone. Sorry, I'm a dork.

With one exception BeanE...she didn't take his life. My heart would be so totally broken and I just have to hold out hope that he is still with us. God, please let this baby be safe in a loving couples arms and let us find him soon. In Jesus name, Amen

I know, mom. Hugs. I'm sorry, sweetie. My hope is dwindling again. I'm at about 50/50 in what I think happened at this point. Could just be this darn flu. I'm praying and praying that any minute I'll get a breaking news alert that he's been found and he's fine. I want to be wrong.

:blowkiss:

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I hope they are wrong, but it might explain the Smith's being too cavalier (it's overkill on the acting like nothings wrong?).

much like how the Anthony's acted after Caylee was found and how they still act to this day.

I thought TS said on NG that EJ's GPS showed that she went to Victoria BEFORE getting on the bus. Is that correct. Was the GPS still in her car ?

BBM That's what I thought she said, but I thought I was wrong because my head is in a fishbowl and my ears are clogged.

See then I try searching and I read this.....

"It has been determined that Elizabeth purchased a Greyhound bus ticket to Miami Florida on December 27, 2009. She did not have Gabriel with her when she boarded the bus."
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=2422

Where did the Ft. Lauderdale info come from in the first place anyone know?

Again I believe that was some reporter jumping the gun on information. There is a Greyhound Bus Terminal in San Antonio but EJ was definitely at the Tornado Bus "Station". Highly unlikely they would sell Greyhound tickets. Also highly unlikely that Greyhound would stop at a competitor to pick people up. The young man from there was on the TV and said he sold her a ticket for $180 to Ft Lauderdale and she waited there until her bus left at 1pm. It was never stated what time she got there. The Ft Lauderdale information came from the LE officer on NG last night I believe.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149285
The Tempe mother of a missing 8-month-old boy who told her boyfriend she killed their son could be facing charges of providing false information to law enforcement after accusing the father of taking the child during an unrelated incident last month.

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, had left her son, Gabriel Johnson, with Tammi and Jack Smith of Scottsdale for at least six hours on Dec. 9, but she accused Logan Scott McQueary, 25, of taking him, according to a Tempe police report.
~snip~
The Smiths on Thursday offered to take a polygraph test, but Tempe police confirmed on Friday that investigators only questioned the couple.

Johnson currently is being held without bail in the Dade County (Fla.) Jail and is scheduled to attend an extradition hearing in Dade County Superior Court on Jan. 19.

I don't think he is in San Antonio, I think he's somewhere in Victoria, either dead or alive I believe that is where he is.

That actually makes sense, maybe she dropped Gabe off in Victoria - could be the Smith's had to say something about Victoria because they knew LE had evidence of it.

I'd still like confirmation of cell phone pings after that from the same phone - do we have that?

And, wondering now if she took two different buses or wth?

The day after Johnson was arrested in Florida, FBI agents in Nashville were called.
“We were called by FBI agents in Miami and asked to check out an address here in Nashville," said Keith Moses, assistant special agent in charge. "We went and knocked on the door, interviewed occupants and, at this point, were unable to locate the child.”
~snip~
In 2004, Tammi opened her first colon hydrotherapy clinic, "Healing Waters," on Central Court in Hermitage. Three years later, she sold it and moved back home to Arizona. Her former business is now called "Cleansing Concepts" and is owned by a woman who used to work with Smith.
Channel 4 spoke with that woman by phone. She said she's shocked to hear Smith and her husband have been named persons of interests in the case. She also said she just spoke with Tammi about a week ago and she knew she was trying to adopt.
~snip~
“We've found no indication that Gabriel has been in the area, but because of the two ties we have with Elizabeth Johnson and Tammi Smith, obviously we're going to make sure every stone is uncovered that we can to find this boy,” said Moses.
http://www.wsmv.com/news/22189120/detail.html

Going to Craigslist to search Victoria, Tx for any "wanting to adopt" ads. BBL

I have a question.....For a cell tower to pick up pings, does a call or text need to be made or does it simply have to be powered up for the tower to register a ping?

I am kind of thinking if the Smiths did set/broker something up there could have been 2 different sets of people. One set to leave and hide Gabriel and the other to go in the opposite direction with the cell phone on purpose to throw LE off in case. Does any of that make sense?

Let me know what you think. I value everyone's opinion.

Again I believe that was some reporter jumping the gun on information. There is a Greyhound Bus Terminal in San Antonio but EJ was definitely at the Tornado Bus "Station". Highly unlikely they would sell Greyhound tickets. Also highly unlikely that Greyhound would stop at a competitor to pick people up. The young man from there was on the TV and said he sold her a ticket for $180 to Ft Lauderdale and she waited there until her bus left at 1pm. It was never stated what time she got there. The Ft Lauderdale information came from the LE officer on NG last night I believe.

I'm scrounging in my memory. The time she was seen in the Motel 6 parking lot was given. If my memory's working it was something like 20 minutes from leaving the parking lot to buying the ticket, or 20 minutes from leaving the parking lot to boarding the bus.

Don't take that as exact. It could be a news video that the times are in rather than an article. I can dig for it in the morning. Just too wiped tonight.

So from the last two snips I posted, it appears that LE is saying that they did not take polys...but didn't the Smiths say tonight that they were waiting for results?

We also now know that there are two Nashville connections and that a house there was searched. And it seems that they are in no hurry to move EJ, but they are going to pile on more charges.
I know the links may have already been here, but now we can find the snips a little easier. I have had a real problem with disappearing articles today, so I'm snipping when I can.

First of all I can't believe the Smiths thought they were giving LE some breaking news that they had gotten from a reporter who got it from an arrest report.

From what I understand it was one ping wasn't it? And the last ping at that.
So the phone was turned off after that I assume. Whether or not the bus actually passed through Victoria, at some point after leaving San Antonio, the phone pinged a tower there. So perhaps at some point just outside San Antonio, it was the closest tower. Or maybe there was interference from SA towers and it pinged that one. Probably happened not far out of town either when EJ was checking her phone before turning it off. I don't think it's an issue if it happened after 1pm and EJ had that phone with her when she was arrested. LE have known about it since the arrest. They know all her phone pings. That's one way of tracking her. It obviously did not cause them concern. I still think it's a non issue.

Oh and I found it interesting when TPS said on NG that that was the only day she was "missing" or that she wouldn't talk to them or something like that. So they didn't have "sporadic" contact. They were in contact every day from the sounds of it.

Now I know that LE can check phone records and find out exactly when they were talking and texting. Does TPS know that? Because she claimed that she handed over the cell records on NG tonight didn't she? So how does she explain if there are calls every day? Could there be other "pay as you go" phones used here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500