AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love that! :)

It's been frustrating because the google street views are from 2008 of the Celis' house and the ally-ways.

It was hard for me to get through my "thick-head" lots and lots of changes happened in the area in 4 years, with trees growing really tall, fences moved, houses built higher and high rise buildings popping up.

I think I have OCD when it comes to matching photos ... :blushing:
Ok, I'll see what I can do without offending anyone or getting arrested. No problem about the OCD, it's detail oriented people like you who always keep me on track! ;)

HLN (news live) just reported that 'something' inside the house has alerted LE.
By dogs???

It sure is something how one little word can change the meaning of this whole sentence. I think we'll know for sure when LE clarifies it.

HLN (news live) just reported that 'something' inside the house has alerted LE.
By dogs???

I think the presser kind of discussed this. Three different dogs gave info from the house. One was a cadaver dog, one a scent dog and the other, I'm not sure. At first I took that to mean someone died there but in retrospect, it could mean that the cadaver dog failed to alert while the scent dog alerted to a non-family scent in Isabel's room, or near the window sill. Both would be giving info to the detectives, by action and inaction.

can somebody please help.... I cant find this case on websleuths without having to google it by specific name. When I log on to websleuths I can find the missing threads, but aren't there missing threads for each state - in this case AZ? Been a member for a long time, but mostly on the Caylee forum and am lost... Thank you so much!

In a nutshell - where is this tread? (lol)
In addition to what others posted...

Btw, you can use your "UserCP" (2nd tab on the upper left) to see the list of threads (in latest post order) to which you have subscribed.

You can set your preferences to automatically subscribe to every thread in which you post even just one post, and then it will show up in your UserCP.

I mainly use "UserCP" and "New Posts"...and then less frequently go to a specific forum if I want to focus on that category.

You can also subscribe to forums...and UserCP shows you the title of the most recent post within each subscribed forum.

If you go to a forum or thread, you can subscribe/unsubscribe under "Forum Tools" or "Thread Tools". UserCP also has a thread "unsubscribe" link.

You can also scroll up to the top of the screen and see the "forum/subforum hierarchy"...and click on the links. Like when on any thread in "Missing Forum Discussion", you can click on the link for MFD and you'll be taken out of the thread and to that forum (with list of all the sticky threads and other threads there).

HTH! :) (sorry for the OT, all)

I think LE should tell people to call in who have noticed a co-worker, neighbor or family member acting strangely, who may have disappeared for a long period around the time of the disappearance, who called in sick the day she was reported missing, cleaning out their vehicle, etc.

I don't know why that's not one of the first things LE asks people to be on the lookout for.

Omigosh, I was thinking the same thing!!! I was thinking about the candlelight vigils; were there any friends or family members who "should have" been there, but weren't. Or even people who have left the area between Friday and now.

ABC reported on a hit by dogs within the family home yesterday. Hard to know though which type of dog hit on what sort of scent, and therefore, hard to know what theory to take from that amorphous hit.

On the video it is at the :40 sec mark.

The search entered day three today with investigators combing a nearby landfill, canvassing the neighborhood interviewing residents, and examining evidence that FBI search dogs "hit" in the Celis family home.

We have more guests on here than members. Why don't you all join up? Everyone's perspective is very valuable. And I'm sure there are some locals who can give us some info, like the vibe around town.

No statement or question or theory is stupid. We'd love to hear what you all have to say, local or not!!!

It sure is something how one little word can change the meaning of this whole sentence. I think we'll know for sure when LE clarifies it.

Exactly, and if I had a dollar for everytime one of the national media outlets have reported the wrong information ...I would be flying out right now to some nice Carribean Island for a long vacation. :)

I think they pose it in the way it will get more viewers interested.

Now watch Nancy will make a big deal about the dogs tonight. She will just conveniently forget all the other cases she has covered where dogs were inside the home yet the child was still abducted by a stranger pedophile and no one heard a thing.

Its become all about ratings and very little about professional journalism.

IMO

I think the presser kind of discussed this. Three different dogs gave info from the house. One was a cadaver dog, one a scent dog and the other, I'm not sure. At first I took that to mean someone died there but in retrospect, it could mean that the cadaver dog failed to alert while the scent dog alerted to a non-family scent in Isabel's room, or near the window sill. Both would be giving info to the detectives, by action and inaction.

I think the discussion was "inside" vs "around" the home. I think some of us thought there was a hit by a dog in the home (not knowing what type of dog) and others thought outside/close to the home. The wording was different in previous articles, I believe.

Can a k-9 expert please explain how the offender scent dog (or whatever they were called) would work? I understand that le knows who lives in the house, but considering that there have probably been multiple le inside the house today, how does the dog know what scent should not be present? It seems like that would be nearly impossible for the humans to determine who the dog is smelling.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

We have more guests on here than members. Why don't you all join up? Everyone's perspective is very valuable. And I'm sure there are some locals who can give us some info, like the vibe around town.

No statement or question or theory is stupid. We'd love to hear what you all have to say, local or not!!!

I know for me it took emailing the admin in order to sign up. Free emails didn't work without talking to the admin first. This is one of the reasons that i didn't sign up years ago.

I agree dogs are very unpredictable! I have two very hyper beagles and ours is the only home on the block that the mail lady avoids at all costs, lol. I tell her over and over, they aren't going to hurt you, just very hyper, and excited to see you, lol, but she runs to and from the mailbox. Our old mailman got smart and brought dog treats with him and they sat quietly when he delivered mail and I suspect their barking at the mail lady has a lot to do with wanting to know where their treats are. But, what truly makes me very sad is they often bark at night and hubby or I will yell from our comfy bed "Arnold be quiet" or "Baxi enough" and they go right back to sleep (thinking a raccoon was in our backyard). Never in the little bubble we seem to be living in, have we ever thought a "stranger" was trying to get in or close to our home and we have a 7 1/2 year old daughter! I am so very upset that a beautiful little girl was taken from her bedroom - very very very sick about this! I guess I need to get out of my bubble,,, Praying for Isabel's safe return! (((crying)))

I cannot speak for your dogs, but my Rottie is still young so she barks at any noise at night or day! I can say be quiet all I want but if someone is in the house, she will not do her usual bark it is more of a low grawl..that would make me jump to my feet! My youngest son came over one day and walked into the house, the front door was unlocked because I was waiting for him! I was in the bathroom, and I flew out that door when I heard the dog in attack mode!
I lived in AZ for 12 years, and I will never understand anyone that sleeps with open windows, my grandchildren like to come stay with us on weekends, they range from 4 mos old to 15 years! I do not have a set bed time for any of them, I do have an alarm system on all doors and windows....I never sleep with my door closed when the kids are here and the first thing I do every morning is look in on all my babies! (If they are not in my bed)
This case gives me a Hinky feeling!

oh wow, didn't know that... Thank you so much --- going nuts trying to find this forum on my own without googling!!! :seeya:

OT

Heh, it's interesting how many different methods we all use to cruise this site-- I guess that's what makes it user friendly, more than one way to get around.

To navigate after I've arrived I either use the "front stairs" which for me is the header always found at the top of the page on the left, it gives you your detailed location-- I click on Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community, and it brings you to an updated full menu of all the forums, how many folks are in there at the moment, what thread the latest post was on, and who posted it! This page also gives a rundown (at the bottom) of who is logged in, and which mods are working. It's great.

The "back stairs" is that same menu, pared down to forum locations, only. Forum Jump can be found at the bottom left of your pages and is a scroll up and down, then select style layout. A cinch. :D

Okay, back on topic!

I'm pleased with the way LE is handling this-- the professionals with the FBI are welcome and have been given the leeway they need to exercise their expertise-- all too often there are egos that get in the way of things. The combined efforts seem to be moving swiftly and with precision. I have a good feeling that the work these dogs have done is being treated with the respect it should... the Behavioral Unit is a fascinating addition. I hope they find her, and quickly! :please:

!!!Isa, lots of people are working to get you home, honey!!! :heartbeat:

What were some of the other cases where a random stranger came into a house to kidnap a child with a dog present?

I'd like to review those cases.

I think the discussion was "inside" vs "around" the home. I think some of us thought there was a hit by a dog in the home (not knowing what type of dog) and others thought outside/close to the home. The wording was different in previous articles, I believe.

The media hears the same LE briefings that we do, and everything that has been said is subject to interpretation since there has been very little specific information. When listening to/watching the pressers, it's obvious that words and phrases are very carefully chosen so that details of the investigation don't become known to the parents, extended family members, potential perp(s). LE is determined to protect the integrity of the investigation. :moo:

can somebody please help.... I cant find this case on websleuths without having to google it by specific name. When I log on to websleuths I can find the missing threads, but aren't there missing threads for each state - in this case AZ? Been a member for a long time, but mostly on the Caylee forum and am lost... Thank you so much!

In a nutshell - where is this tread? (lol)

I have a time saving suggestion for you.

When I am following a case on WS and have the thread open on my computer screen, I click on file which is located on the menu bar at the top left hand corner of the screen, scroll down to Send and click on shortcut to desktop. The icon on the desktop names the thread so it makes following numerous threads very simple. HTH

Ok, I'll see what I can do without offending anyone or getting arrested. No problem about the OCD, it's detail oriented people like you who always keep me on track! ;)

Thank you so much in so many ways and please, don't rush into trying to get the photos as things are still very busy in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500