AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully bolded by me. What photos? There is one (1), that I am aware of, which the parents themselves released. If it was more than a case of a kid raiding the makeup box, why on earth would they have released that photo to the media.

In any event, I have seen no photo of Isabel that I consider "disturbing" or inappropriate. Yeah, I don't like make-up on kids. Hate child beauty pageants, can't stand the thick make-up they put on kids for dance.

But, there are occasions where some people in some cultures, like in the south, for example, at beauty pageants, put make-up on their kids.

I have a series of pictures of myself that my mom had done when I was about six. I wore eyeliner and lipstick. I was also dressed in a Spanish, regional, folkloric dance dress (Sevillanas) and had my hair done flamenco style as well. Once a year, kids in the south of Spain get dressed up for La Feria and little girls wear some make-up:

1294947151_77539836_1-Fotos-de--venta-de-trajes-de-flamenca.jpg

1241167343_extras_portadilla_0.jpg
http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2009/05/01/1241167343_extras_portadilla_0.jpg

Isabel did not look like she was posing suggestively or wearing inappropriate clothes in her "make-up" photos. Not a big deal to me. Seemed like it was part of a performance.

In fact, my law partner's 8 year old just got all dolled up in a similar fashion for her dance performance at school. :twocents:

Bravo! I too lived in Andalusia for a few years! Cute! (I also used to use the screen name of "Gitana" as well! Those are lovely photos!

Looks like a perfectly normal mouth of a little girl in the process of having baby teeth getting a bit worse for wear before they fall out. The photo of her with the face paint (tiger?) shows her with the left upper lateral missing. I see absolutely nothing that looks like anything other than normal processes going on in the mouth of a six year old. Nothing mysterious in any way. MOO, JMO, IMO

I completely agree. My post wasn't meant to indicate anything amiss; quite the opposite. It was in response to the poster I quoted to clarify a gap in teeth the OP was questioning.

This thread will be closing in just a few minutes.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member