AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not prepared to rule out the parents or extended family in this case. LE spokesperson said during the presser that the parents and family members would be interviewed by the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit, so until parents/family are ruled out, nothing is out of the realm of possibility. :moo:

Worst. Case. Ever. Just awful. But the perp hid in the woods for days, IIRC and spied on the family. Then he went in, killed the parents and older brother, absconding with Dylan and Shasta. And it only got worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is awful.

I vaguely remember the Groene case, can you refresh my memory? How did the perp know everything about the home if he was a complete stranger to the family?

You make a great point about the blinds.

He watched them at night. He even had night vision goggles. He knew the layout of the home and the people in it before he even went in.

It is the most horrific crime I have ever kept up with in nearly three decades of doing this. Nightmares cant compare to what this man did to not only Shasta and Dylan but to their family as well.

While pedophiles are the scum of the earth not all of them are dumb. They can be very intelligent and methodically plan the kidnapping out. This one made a mistake imo. He left his scent there, imo, and he also forgot to put the window screen back on.

I hope that is enough to catch him.

IMO

Per KVOA news, the presser should start in about 10 mins.

I vaguely remember the Groene case, can you refresh my memory? How did the perp know everything about the home if he was a complete stranger to the family?

You make a great point about the blinds.

IIRC Duncan had driven by the house several times. I thought he had night vision goggles too that he had used on their house several times. He was and is such a horrible creep. That story still makes me cry :(

Good morning. Wanted to give you a little update and talk about some of the things that we've been working on with this case. As far as evidentiary value, there's not much other information that I can talk about at this time, but I do want to talk about some of the resources that we have here. Behind me I have Mr. John Harris from the Team Adam consultant. This is from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The capacity for the national center is to call in additional resources; both analytical and support resources, for us to use. On the first day of this investigation, they immediately came into action and distributed approximately 1,800 informational fliers on Isabel to a 50 square mile radius around the site. A lot of comments have been made about why not Amber alert and I've discussed that earlier that we do not use Amber Alert unless we have definitive information about an abduction. There (are) certain protocols that we must follow and this case doesn't meet those protocols. But the National Center's Adam Walsh protocol is probably the next best thing that we could do in that regard because they distribute that information immediately, they get it out to locations around here and it gets us out here so that people can be on the lookout and contact us if they have information. We're going to be expanding that capacity and ultimately we'll end up with probably about 10,000 fliers that go out to a variety of entities, convenience stores and that sort.

The website for the National Center for Missing Children is www.missingkids.com. Immediately this case was placed upon that website, and also in talking with Mr. Harris, this is the highest profile case in the nation currently being worked by the national center. So they are making all resources available to us. On that website also will be a tip-line which comes back to TPD, which also will connect to 88-CRIME and they will list it by area code 520-88-CRIME so that information can be brought directly to our investigators through that crime tip-line. In regards to 88-CRIME there is a reward currently at $6,000.00 that is being offered through 88-CRIME for information that helps lead to the successful resolution of this investigation. Ms. Susie Dupnik, the director of 88-CRIME can be contacted at 520-740-5617 for further information about their entity and that reward.

We've also talked a little bit about the canines that have been brought in by the FBI. We've used a variety of dogs during this investigation. On the first day, originally, we used canines from the DOC. Those are dogs that are trained on trying to follow the victim's odor and see if we can find a direction of travel there. The specialized dogs brought in by the FBI actually work in a different method. They try and identify and locate offender odor, possible offender odor, and give us a direction of travel or some information on what that is. So that's the specialized training that they partake in. Also we had a victim recovery dog and I, we commonly call them cadaver dogs, but that's not necessarily the case. They are trained to detect the odor of human decomposition. That doesn't necessarily mean a death or dead body. There's the chemical odor that's emitted by the human body, or secretions from the human body, very soon after they leave the body and so that's what that dog is trained for. So I just wanted to clarify a little bit of that information.

Are there further questions that you may have that I can answer at this point?
Q: (Why is there so much attentions focused on this case from the NCMEC when there are so many missing children now?)
A: I will get an information and an answer for you. I don't know what their caseload is like. The protocol for the center personnel and we will be contacting them and they need to go through their national center for approval to come forward and be a spokesperson kind of thing, and I don't know if that will occur or not.
Q: You don't know why all this attention, why...
I guess I would refer that back to you. Why are you here? You know this is a big deal. We have a six-year old child that is missing, we have suspicious circumstances and we're going to do everything possible to locate that child. As far as comparison to all these across the country, I don't have an answer for that and I'll try to get that for you because that's a fair question and I'll try to get you that as to why this one is the top of the line.
Q: inaudible
A: Sure and I don't know. I don't set their criteria as to how to rank that. I just felt like that was a good thing for us because that means that all the resources that they can bring to bear on this situation, we'll take advantage of. Because we don't want to leave anything unturned.
A: All three types of dogs have provided us investigative information that we've had to follow up on.
A: And that's something that I'm not going to talk about right now, I understand, but that's something I'm not going to talk about. But all three dogs did provide us information that we needed to follow up on.
Q: Without a break in the case how long (inaudible)
A: We've been having those discussions since yesterday and also this morning. Once we feel that our presence here is really not being fruitful and is not required for us to follow up on the information then we will break that down. We're not quite there yet. There's still things we're checking out and each time we get a (video ends)

What other cases are there where there was a child abduction from home with a dog present?

Thanks!

While I agree that nothing and no one should be ruled out just yet, I just do not get a hinky vibe from this family. Not that my gut is always right,.....but I still feel pretty strongly that the parents are in the clear. MOO.

He watched them at night. He even had night vision goggles. He knew the layout of the home and the people in it before he even went in.

It is the most horrific crime I have ever kept up with in nearly three decades of doing this. Nightmares cant compare to what this man did to not only Shasta and Dylan but to their family as well.

While pedophiles are the scum of the earth not all of them are dumb. They can be very intelligent and methodically plan the kidnapping out. This one made a mistake imo. He left his scent there, imo, and he also forgot to put the window screen back on.

I hope that is enough to catch him.

IMO

The Groene case still horrifies me.

I'm not prepared to rule out the parents or extended family in this case. LE spokesperson said during the presser that the parents and family members would be interviewed by the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit, so until parents/family are ruled out, nothing is out of the realm of possibility. :moo:

They would do that anyway. They will ask them who their friends are and what type of work they do and their habits and Isa's habits .......like did she play outside often... where did the family go for fun and play..did anyone in the neighborhood take up special time with her...etc.

They are trying to get a feel of what this predator's profile is and the family can give them valuable information that would assist them.

At this time I have nothing to rule the parents in as possible suspects. Imo, this is going to be one of those cases where LE will not come out and rule anyone out publically until an arrest is made. Just like they didnt in the Greone case or the Lunsford case and quite a few more even though the parents were as innocent as the day is long.

IMO

What other cases are there where there was a child abduction from home with a dog present?

Thanks!

I haven't kept up with the baby Lisa Irwin case, but I seem to recall that the family had a dog that might have been in the backyard when the child allegedly went missing.

The dogs were out a week before this happened. Evidently, the presser this morning let us know the dogs were at home.

Behavioral Analysis Unit 3 (crimes against children): Resources are focused on crimes perpetrated against child victims, including abductions, mysterious disappearances of children, homicides, and sexual victimization.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support?product=Norton Internet Security&version=19.1.0.28&layout=OEM30&partner=HPM CN P1DV 2(60)&ispid=&sitename=&actstat=not activated&substatus=trial&ncoap=1

Live now on KVOA.

Victim services unit brought in for family and friends.

Questions -

Who saw Isa last other than the family? He does not have the info.

Was she in school? As far as he is aware, yes.

Lawyers for family? No, not that he is aware of.

When will FBI BAU come in? An hour or 2.

Thanks!

Danielle Van Dam. There was a story behind the dog though. It was a long time ago and I don't remember everything, but I was local and it was all over the news. The dog was a Weimeramer (spelling is off) and apparently had it's vocal box (or whatever its called) removed, so it didn't have the capacity to bark. Just one out of hundreds of weird things about that case.

I do have to say though, because of the DVD case, when I later became a parent it always stuck in my mind and I always check on my kids before I go to bed, if I get up in the middle of the night, and when I wake up in the morning. Every day. Every night.

BAU will talk with everyone with pertinent info. They will take the info., analyze it, and direct.

Phone conference yesterday, and TPD asked them to come out.

"Not the type of scenario we deal with on a daily basis."

Thank you. I found this one also with an additional sentence:
Her uncle JM, told ABC News her mother is devastated over the disappearance of her 'sweet little girl'. The family said over the weekend they have no doubt she was kidnapped from her bedroom.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...home-snatch-night-vanished.html#ixzz1szEjF3zc

Never had BAU come to Tuscon before. For events such as this particular one, he is not sure how often they travel.

FATHER last saw her going to bed at 11:00.

And, my internet connection just went kaplooey. Back on now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname