AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy is stating on air that she doesn't know how to tell her children about "stranger/danger"? (So much for being an advocate for missing children.)

I'm not bothered by no barking either. Honestly, mine sound like yours. They bark their buns off with passerbys, but when people come in, they just wiggle, kidney bean, wag and try to convince the visitor to play fetch...

That is the way our two dogs are during the day. They drive me nuts sometimes as they will bark at their own shadow it seems.

But at night when I put them to bed (yes they are like our babies :)) they are just about asleep before I go to our bedroom.

Now Tuxie our 1 year old dog we got in August of last year sometimes he will bark if the moon is bright and glowing through the french doors at night or if one of our outside cats comes walking by the door but our other dog, Maggie Mae, who is 6 years old never barks.

On a couple of occasions Maggie Mae did start barking and my hubby was up in a flash to check it out. Other than those rare occasions both of them pretty much snooze hard all through the night. Heck sometimes when I get up they are still sleepy heads and will lay there another hour after I get up.:)

I knew that JVM and NG would conveniently have a lapse in memory and run with the dogs not barking...blah...blah..blah. Never mind Nancy has covered many cases where there were dogs in the home yet the child was abducted right out of their bed by a stranger pedophile.

It is all about ratings now and very little about factuality.

IMO

Nancy Grace is reporting that the family is NOT going back home.

I don't blame them. Just to see the huge police and media presence is awe making. I felt very emotional when I left that scene. I can't imagine how I would feel, knowing someone took my child from that house.

Or, if I "did it", I would be afraid that my house was bugged and I'd be too paranoid to go home.

I just don't get the vibe from dad. Don't know why, we haven't heard from him, but my instinct is it's not the nuclear family.
No, me neither. My post referred to someone's post about the across-the-border town (from Isa's grand-dad) being corrupt.

And then I asked about photos of Isa's father...two separate topics. :)

Please elaborate!
Well, I'm concerned about human trafficking in/thru Mexico.

The cartels usually kidnap people involved in the drug trade or people with money. It is very, very rare for them to kidnap a child. Only one case I have ever heard about taking place in the U.S. and in that case, the child was kidnapped in retribution for a drug payment they felt grandpa owed. The boy was dropped off safely at a bus stop. I think that was an AZ case.

So unless this family has drug connections (which I really, highly doubt), I don't think the kind of kidnapping referenced in the article has anything to do with this.
So you don't think the drug cartels get involved with human trafficking, or that there is no trafficking in Mexico? IRDK, but am concerned.

Based on looks alone, I am assuming he may be non-blood related uncle, maybe married to a sister or brother of one of the parents. He is as blond and freckly as can be and the parents are more tan Hispanics.

However, I realize there is a lot of variation in any ethnic group. People don't realize that there are tons of very Caucasian Mexicans, with red hair and freckles, etc. Lots of Irish, French and German immigrants way back when.
BBM.

I thought so, too. Prior to photos, I had envisioned him as looking more Hispanic.

His surname sounds Hispanic, altho perhaps Italian (and there's plenty of Italians with non-dark hair)...without doing any research. Not that it matters, really...

PattyG
speaking of the screen beside the window...that was helicopter footage when Isabel was first missing but i might be wrong

I feel the photo HLN (Jane) showed is from the "google maps" and I would love an actual photo from MSM because HLN becomes very creative in their illustrations.

In fairness, if my child was missing, I would be so distraught that any message I would give to the press would be incoherent, disjointed, overly emotional and long winded. If my husband were to write a statement, it would be terse and to the point. Unless they have a media team assisting them in "crafting a message", I'm sure anything they say (or don't say) is going to be picked apart.

I just picked it apart myself, but I do agree with you. I don't think I would give a very good statement in that state of mind, I have to believe in any case like this people are somewhat "coached" on what to put out there.

I find in the statement from the family "we will NEVER give up on finding her" odd it's been 4 days....I would have thought the statement would read "we will NOT give up" Never sounds like a word you would use way down the road not so early on. I know 4 days probably feels like forever for them but that statement does not sit right with me JMO I could just be splitting hairs

When the chief mentioned at one of the pressers today that contrary to common belief, children often live for a long time after abduction (paraphrasing his words) as has been illustrated by national high profile cases, I thought that was a message to the parents. I thought, I'll bet they know the statistics and are hysterical and he is making this statement to keep them going and keep the fliers going. That line in the family statement might be an echo of fear that I'm sure they're feeling.

Another question that LE refused to answer in a presser update was the activities of Isa and her family that Friday nite....

Someone posted upthread that the parents and their children stayed home Friday night.

I find in the statement from the family "we will NEVER give up on finding her" odd it's been 4 days....I would have thought the statement would read "we will NOT give up" Never sounds like a word you would use way down the road not so early on. I know 4 days probably feels like forever for them but that statement does not sit right with me JMO I could just be splitting hairs

No, I think that's the part that bothered me too. It sounds like something that would come from a parent of a child taken years ago, not four days ago. Someone who has resigned to the fact that they are gone but are determined to not forget them...

Nancy Grace is reporting that the family is NOT going back home.

NG is always behind in her info and often just plain wrong, so I can't trust what she says. But, thank you for letting us who are not watching, know what she is saying! Sometimes she does have valuable info.

In any event, I think I would not want to go back until my kid was returned. I don't know.

My Misha will bark when a stange ant walks across the driveway or when another dog stops to sniff his grass. If they don't stop, he is OK, but dare they stop ....

He sleeps in a crate at night and will let me know with a specific low bark in the middle of the night if someone or something is too close to the house.

I'm not bothered by no barking either. Honestly, mine sound like yours. They bark their buns off with passerbys, but when people come in, they just wiggle, kidney bean, wag and try to convince the visitor to play fetch...
I'm not familiar with that maneuver (or am I? maybe I call it something else)...do tell... :D

No, I think that's the part that bothered me too. It sounds like something that would come from a parent of a child taken years ago, not four days ago. Someone who has resigned to the fact that they are gone but are determined to not forget them...

That was my initial thought reading it. It's so hard in these cases to speak out as parents and be picked apart (like I sort of did) I mean every word is examined and again in a panic state of mind who knows what can come out of your mouth and of course who can read it the wrong way.

I have to make one quick comment before I leave...does anyone remember at what time in the investigation/search for Caylee (and other cases) did police start organizing searches? Like, out in the field, lines of people searching, not just LE knocking on doors. Am I wrong in thinking it's odd that the police are only asking for people to pass out fliers?

One thing we do with situations like this is children can be abducted even though a dog is around or in the house. Sadly it does happen as we have seen in past cases.

I have a suggestion: read them "Never Talk to Strangers" (Amazon.com: Never Talk to Strangers (Family Storytime) (9780307102317): Irma Joyce, S.D. Schindler: Books). It sure made an impression on me! :eek:

The problem is, no matter how many times we teach and go over "stranger-danger" with our children, when they are not in our sight, and a stranger comes along, a good percentage of the children totally forget what they were taught about "stranger-danger" especially when playing with other children. :(

I have to make one quick comment before I leave...does anyone remember at what time in the investigation/search for Caylee (and other cases) did police start organizing searches? Like, out in the field, lines of people searching, not just LE knocking on doors. Am I wrong in thinking it's odd that the police are only asking for people to pass out fliers?

Wasn't it early August a big search started for Caylee? Caylee's case though was already 31 days old, but with HaLeigh, they started organizing searching rather quickly, IIRC.

Tim Miller from Equusearch was brought in. There were thousands of volunteers. Several big searches doing grid line searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911