AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read everything today, but has LE confirmed this? TIA

No, has not been confirmed that is why I included speculation (or did I break a rule by even stating that) Sorry if I did.

This may very well not be a favorable opinion but I'm not convinced.. Hearing and seeing the father brought shades of Susan Smith to mind.. Just chalk it up to me being suspicious until I have solid proof..I do pray they are not involved though..JMHO

I feel so bad for saying this...but I don't see any tears. Yes, I know that everyone processes things differently, but to sound that devastated and to not shed tears....I don't know....perhaps I missed something? I sure hope I am wrong. :/

The first case I really followed was that of Chelsea King, and somehow, LE was able to do DNA in two days, over a weekend, and then run him in the database, he was there, it marched and there we have it. Why can't other states work this quickly when there is a possibly live victim??

I wouldn't check in on my kids if I were leaving early in the morning. I keep my girls bedroom door closed for fire safety and opening the door to check on them at that time would waken them - thats my experience anyway.

Also, I know everyone has varying opinions about this, but I wish LE would say that yes, they've taken polygraphs, if they have...JMO

I wouldn't check in on my kids if I were leaving early in the morning. I keep my girls bedroom door closed for fire safety and opening the door to check on them at that time would waken them - thats my experience anyway.

If Daddy was home and I was going to work, I didn't either. I would never criticize a parent for that when another parent was home and the child was not ill.

Reporter asking about the RSO who lives 5 houses down who pled guilty to sex assault and rape in 1998. Chief confirms they have talked to him and other RSOs. Will not divulge the conversations or findings.

They haven't ruled out anyone. They haven't ruled out a ransom situation.

Everyone is still a POI.

How would a kidnapper contact the family if he intended to trade Isabel for money? The families telephone lines are likely tapped.

I think if it was a ranson kidnapping, the perp would have left a note in the house when he abducted Isabel stating his demands so unfortunately I don't think this was the kidnapper's motive for abducting their daughter.

When a case has this much publicity, I doubt the kidnapper would risk contacting the family.

I'm praying the perp will have a change of heart and find a way to drop her off somewhere discreetly.

Also, I know everyone has varying opinions about this, but I wish LE would say that yes, they've taken polygraphs, if they have...JMO

Even if they have and PASSED this police department is not going to reveal it, imo.

It is going to be another case among many where the family members have to twist in the wind of accusations until they arrest the real killer.

imo

Yeah, I don't believe there has been any kind of ransom demand....if so, LE would be a little more sure of what they have here, IMO...I think the parents were probably advised to speak directly to the person who took Isabel, and they may have incorporated "demands" in hopes there was still a way to get her back.

Even if they have and PASSED this police department is not going to reveal it, imo.

It is going to be another case among many where the family members have to twist in the wind of accusations until they arrest the real killer.

imo

Well it just stupid, IMO, for an LEO to say he doesn't know if they took them or if they "volunteered" to take them...just say we are not talking about specifics, if that is that case...

How would a kidnapper contact the family if he intended to trade Isabel for money? The families telephone lines are likely tapped.

I think if it was a ranson kidnapping, the perp would have left a note in the house when he abducted Isabel stating his demands so unfortunately I don't think this was the kidnapper's motive for abducting their daughter.

When a case has this much publicity, I doubt the kidnapper would risk contacting the family.

I'm praying the perp will have a change of heart and find a way to drop her off somewhere discreetly.

The Samantha Koenig case dispelled that for me. As dumb as it sounds, her killer contacted Sam's Dad via her own cell phone and asked for a ransom two weeks or so after she disappeared.

This may very well not be a favorable opinion but I'm not convinced.. Hearing and seeing the father brought shades of Susan Smith to mind.. Just chalk it up to me being suspicious until I have solid proof..I do pray they are not involved though..JMHO

I couldnt agree more, I actually looked up a video on youtube called why killers speak out or something ..it shows susan smiths plea..scott peterson and a couple others..i hate to say it but if i am being completely honest ..it reminded me of susan smith (the dad did).

I think that the parents want to believe they can get this monster to deal with them so they can get Isa back home safe and sound.

I dont think this is a ransom kidnapper but I dont fault the parents for desperately wanting to believe it is and hoping they can meet his demands if he will only contact them.

I dont think Isa was kidnapped for financial reasons. I think she was taken for sexual purposes but I can understand how her parents cant and will not wrap their minds around that motive.

IMO

I feel so bad for saying this...but I don't see any tears. Yes, I know that everyone processes things differently, but to sound that devastated and to not shed tears....I don't know....perhaps I missed something? I sure hope I am wrong. :/
Please don't feel bad for expressing what you saw on the video. Everyone on a forum should be able to express their beliefs if they fall within the posted rules. I saw the father exhibit anger rather than intense grief. Because I have no cultural competence with Latino culture, I don't know what that means, though, or to whom it is directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4