AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if this has been posted.. and I apologize if it blows the margins, but here's the layout of the Celis' home. (from Pima County Assessor's office)
http://tinypic.com/r/2j2wbxc/6

BBM- What does Villaseñor mean by that?

I saw the quote in the paper and there were a few more sentences after that. He said something to the effect that, having more eyes in the home would hopefully give them more leads to work on.; it would be a waste for the BAU to come to Tucson, only to "see" the scene exactly as TPD did.

I thought the mom held it together much better but she is a nurse and I would think she is more seasoned in dealing with traumatic situations.

But I felt much more emotions released by the father. I think he is a sensitive man who loves deeply and lets it show more.

I didnt breakdown until Isa's dad spoke and after he spoke when he was being comforted and I saw his body shaking and that really did do me in for sure and my tears came like rain.

IMO

I have read posts from many WSers who said just what you said, that dad's emotions unhinged you.

I wish I could have said the same, but I cannot. But you know what? I was wrong about Ed Smart, and I also initially thought Justin DiPietro (Ayla's dad) was not involved, only now it doesn't look so good.

My hinky meter isn't always so great.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know if this has been posted.. and I apologize if it blows the margins, but here's the layout of the Celis' home. (from Pima County Assessor's office)

I did not realize there was a second floor. So is that a master bedroom with a patio? Maybe that is why the parents heard nothing?

I dont know why I cant get the picture to show up, but I attached the file.

Attachments

• celis.jpg
    celis.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 37

I'm looking at the google map street view photos from 2008 and I can't see a deck on the top of the house or that there is a second floor.

Sure wish we had photos from 2012.

Thanks for the layout.

The fact that they havent tells me they have not been cleared, which is certainly curious.

I dont think it is curious PAXI.........I think it normal SOP by 99% of police departments in this country.

In fact, I am having a hard time even remembering LE coming out and specifically clearing anyone other than in the Sierra Lamar case and then three weeks later the Sheriff retracted that.

None of the missing child cases that I have kept up with for years ever had family members ruled out or anyone else for that matter. LE simply never ruled anyone out and only announced they had a suspect when the predator was finally caught.

imo

I've been lurking here for a bit, but decided to post some of my random thoughts. :)

Regarding the neighbor- I tend to believe she did hear what she says she heard. I'm just not positive that she heard Isabel being taken, if that makes sense? Our neighbor's house is very close to ours and there have been times when their outside activity has woken me up- talking, car doors slamming, etc. I have never once bothered to get up and look out my window, and I don't blame this neighbor for not doing so. And I totally understand what she's saying when she says it was daylight, so she didn't think to look. If I heard the same noises that I've heard in the morning, but at night time- you bet I'd be looking out the window. Somehow daylight makes them seem...not nefarious.

About the dogs at 6:30- I have 2 dogs. Often times when we let them out they RUN out in the yard and start barking up a storm at something we never noticed- a rabbit, a neighbor sitting on their deck, a kid walking to the bus stop. Given the time line, my theory is that the mom let the dogs out before work, and the dogs immediately knew something was up! They were barking up a storm (which maybe got the neighbor's dogs barking) because they knew something was wrong. If an intruder took Isabel, they could smell the intruder in the yard.

That said, I don't understand how dogs that are supposedly very vocal managed to...not make a sound while Isabel was being taken. Makes me suspicious, to be honest- I realize we don't know for a fact that they didn't make a noise. I guess they could have been shut in the boys' room, or with the parents, etc. Or maybe any barking they did do was ignored because they always bark.

I don't know. On one hand, I very much can see how the dogs barking at 6:30 was the dogs trying to alert the family that something was wrong- not saying they heard or saw anyone (though I think that's possible, still- perhaps the intruder took her to the red car?), but I can't necessarily make that work with an intruder managing to come in the house without alerting the dogs. Hmmm.

Good points! What frustrates me is that we know very little about the goings on in that house on the day and night in question!

I have to say I am not "on the fence" about the parents as some of you are, but will admit that my "hinky" meter went off when Isa's dad was pleading and her mom, standing right next to him, seemed "okay." I guess by judging her actions in that moment, when he was speaking, I know I would have been sobbing, screaming, pleading. But, truth is people react in all different sorts of ways and we have no idea if they were told to act a certain way (police may have said "pedophiles want you to plead"). IMO they have nothing to do with this and my heart just breaks for them!

The first thing that I thought of when the dad starting talking about demands was, this is a hoax. People do desperate things for money. I don't know. I just can't wrap my head around this being a stranger abduction. My wishful thinking is that it IS a hoax and Isa will come home safely...

Oh. I know this sounds petty, but I hope they did NOT cut her hair. I drive by a group of school girls every day on my way home in matching uniforms. All of them are Hispanic, and appear to be Middle School aged, and every one of them has long, straight hair, no short bobs, no layers or even bangs. I suspect it is a cultural thing, and hope that she is not only alive and unharmed, but they did not take this part of her identity away from her.

I agree... I hope they haven't, we've just seen it before.

I have never understood the emphasis on the clothing they were last seen wearing or a certain hairstyle. :waitasec:
If you abducted a child, what would be the first thing you would do? Change their appearance.

This fabulously happy ending is a perfect example.
Her hair was cut, her clothes were changed and she was gone just over 24 hours.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108711&highlight=clothes&page=20

If the father didn't make the attempt to get his court appearance delayed because his daughter is missing, then he has no choice but to show up. The court could issue a bench warrant for not showing. So the few minutes it took him to go today, didn't harm the search for Isabel.

Also in other cases when a parent has avoided appearing in court for a minor violation while the child was missing, they've been criticized.

If he had forgotten and not shown up, that would have been labeled as irresponsible and he would have been criticized for that too.

I would personally rather go to court at this point... than try to do it after they find the child... either alive or dead. :twocents:

I am one of the very very few who wasn't affected and actually made me jump on the fence, when I seen dads plea. The mom actually seems genuinely upset to me, the dad on the other hand for some reason reminded me of susan smith.

description of house.

Attachments

• celis2.jpg
    celis2.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 42
I have read posts from many WSers who said just what you said, that dad's emotions unhinged you.

I wish I could have said the same, but I cannot. But you know what? I was wrong about Ed Smart, and I also initially thought Justin DiPietro (Ayla's dad) was not involved, only now it doesn't look so good.

My hinky meter isn't always so great.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand..people use their own life experiences and instincts in order to judge someone's honesty, imo.

I never kept up with Ayla's case but I did hear that blood was found in his home and if I had kept up with that case, I would have had a lot of suspicion about that being there.

Pima county lists the house as 1-1/2 stories. (?)

I'm looking at the google map street view photos from 2008 and I can't see a deck on the top of the house or that there is a second floor.

Sure wish we had photos from 2012.

Thanks for the layout.

Since LE has removed the blockades in the neighborhood, maybe one of our locals can do a driveby and confirm the second story for us?

Im thinking by "porch" they mean the wall area around part of the house..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500