AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost: GREAT post, Jane!! I get exactly what you're saying and I personally believe this to be the issue in many more cases than just this.. I've got the perfect example of a case that we just followed(yes, you too;)).. The Samantha Koenig case.. Think about how many ppl misread that situation with her dad, James and IMO its not their fault for feeling this way, as in they felt a great sense that James knew "something" therefor could've possibly played a part in his daughters disappearance.. Now in hindsight we see exactly why it was that ppl were sensing that James knew way more about what was going on than what he was leading the public to believe.. Of course he did.. My God this poor dad had been contacted by the abductor and what we all later learned the murderer of his beautiful, young daughter, Sam.. He did know more.. But yet at the same time that did not make him in any way whatsoever involved in the abduction or harm that came to his daughter..

So, yes, I totally get what it is you're saying as well as I absolutely believe that could be the case here with precious Isa.. For the exact reasons and/or scenario that you gave in their feeling or knowing in their hearts exactly who it is that possibly has done this to Isa and their feeling tremendous guilt for having possibly brought the person in to Isa's life or better yet they're going through all of those God forbidden "what ifs" of having not noticed more, been more aware, or possibly have done something as a preemptive measure to have kept this from happening to their precious Isa..

ITA and believe its an excellent point that people should consider in not just this case, but others as well..

The whole demand statement dad made is really sticking out to me right now in context of your post. I know LE said no ransom was involved in this case, but now I'm wondering if mom and dad know something different that they may not be sharing with LE to full extent? It's not something I remember hearing in any other cases, so it's stuck in my mind. I'm probably way off base on this, it's a random thought I had.

Ok, so I found the google picture with the cars: The blue car appears to be a newer Toyota Corolla, the old red car appears to be a late 80's (like 88) Acura Integra, and I can't make out the maroon one, but someone said that information has already been figured out. Hope that helps!

The burgundy car was cited by make, model and more in the Becky court records.

I asked earlier if anyone can tell what kind of car that red car is?

I believe it was an Acura Integra

The whole demand statement dad made is really sticking out to me right now in context of your post. I know LE said no ransom was involved in this case, but now I'm wondering if mom and dad know something different that they may not be sharing with LE to full extent? It's not something I remember hearing in any other cases, so it's stuck in my mind. I'm probably way off base on this, it's a random thought I had.

His demand statement bothered me because he shook his head "no" while asking for the kidnapper to "tell us your demands" and "tell us what you want". (Watch it again for yourself.) It also bothered me that he sings tenor but in the video, his voice was upper alto. (Yes, all forms of stress can cause changes in the pitch of someone's voice.)
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/isabel-celis-missing-parents-speak-public-16217880
http://www.azopera.com/performances.php?opera=castbios&subpage=sergio_david_celis

This is snake season and some areas are pretty tough to search. Wild animals out here. If you aren't trained, I doubt they will pick others at this point. I'm sure others will group up somehow.

I haven't read about any public searches yet. I did hear the Officer P say they were handling the searches along with other pros. The lake search, the presser I watched said they went out and observed the lake, looked for tire prints etc. That was Lakeside on the East side. The question I heard asked during the presser was if Kennedy Lake had been. It's way farther west from Isa's home. These are small and I'd call them ponds but an enjoyment to those who live close by or miss the water. jmo

Oh my, ng will be grilling her producer "why hasn't Tim Miller been contacted, ILLLissshaa?" The cheif did say Pima Co. had resources to check lakes/water rescues. We don't have much water here. So this should get done to cross off their list. It's the dry washes that they would check 1st. If there isn't a path around them, I'd check them. We have some washes with railing & many walk them daily. Dogs too. Some without railing further out of the city or they are smaller. jmo

3600 S La Cholla Blvd

PARK HOURS: 6:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

SIZE: 10 acres. Maximum depth 12 feet.

RULES: Swimming, wading, glass containers and littering are prohibited. No live baitfish allowed. Canoes up to 17 feet and boats 14 feet and under must be properly licensed and permitted. Must have proper floatation devices on board. Gasoline motors prohibited. Feeding of ducks and geese prohibited. Other rules as posted.

FOR MORE PARK INFORMATION CONTACT:

Tucson Parks and Recreation

Lakeside Lake - City of Tucson

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/urban_lake_lakeside.shtml

SIZE: 14 acres at full capacity. Maximum depth 35 feet.

Is the "uncle" a couch surfer with no real residence?

I forgot to put this with my earlier post...just jumping off yours cuz it reminded me. I personally don't give much weight to actually seeing or not seeing tears. When I first separated from my ex, I cried a lot, didn't eat or sleep much, and put a lot of pressure on myself at work to be productive and to keep my chin up. There were a couple times I remember clearly going on a crying jag and for whatever reason my eyes were dry. Dunno if it was just from being worn out or something, but jmo it had nothing to do with the intensity of my emotions. So, again jmo, that kind of changed how I look at things...keeping in mind that sometimes people ARE dry-eyed because they're fake crying.

I know what you mean! When my mom died I was immediately hysterical. However, once I had flown home and got with my family for whatever reason I hid my tears. I had to be strong. Later my stepdad remarked about how he was concerned that I wasn't grieving. But that wasn't the case at all. I just felt like I had people to take care of and that was my immediate concern, but I was always stealing myself away for a few minutes to break down alone.

His demand statement bothered me because he shook his head "no" while asking for the kidnapper to "tell us your demands" and "tell us what you want". (Watch it again for yourself.) It also bothered me that he sings tenor but in the video, his voice was upper alto. (Yes, all forms of stress can cause changes in the pitch of someone's voice.)
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/isabel-celis-missing-parents-speak-public-16217880
http://www.azopera.com/performances.php?opera=castbios&subpage=sergio_david_celis

I'll have to rewatch that video (on my phone), but I think I understand what you mean. One of the main things I was thinking while watching their statement was that he is an opera singer, which does entail acting to convey the story. I'm not saying that they're involved, but it does give some pause to what may be going on behind the scenes so to speak.

OK So I am going to put my 2cents in here and I hope that I don't get tomatoes thrown at me. LOL...

BUT....Every time I see that presser with the parents I feel like its really forced. Especially when the father is talking I feel like it their emotion is so fake. I'm not trying to be rude but that is really how I feel. I don't know if they are the reason she is missing but something just seems up to me. And if the dogs hit on something in the home I feel like something happened in the home. I hope that they find Isabel safe. :-/

I think they just seem nervous. But, if there's any tension beyond that, it may relate to LDT's, which have likely been given to both parents. I remember in the Breeann Rodriguez case, the dad was told by LE that he failed the LDT although, in hindsight, he was completely innocent. I don't know if there was some part of the test he did fail, or that LE was trying to get a confession in case he was responsible for Breeann's disappearance.

LE could have told one, or both, of Isabel's parents that they failed the LDT. That would certainly make them more nervous, even knowing their innocence, and suspicious of each other. If the mother is sure Isabel was in her room when she left for work, she may be starting to think that something happened in the house after she left, which her husband is well aware of. Mr. Celis, on the other hand, would begin wondering if something happened to Isa before his wife left for work and she is involved.

Considering the house searches, too, the parents' doubts about each may be heightened. But, we don't know that evidence has been found in any part of the house other than Isa's room, which is the scene of the crime.

Someone asked earlier if anyone could ID the make of the red vehicle. Is there link to an image... I can give it a shot.

Also, has anyone heard of searches that the public can join in? I am local to Tucson, and if they are still out looking over the weekend (I HOPE NOT!), I would be more than happy to join in and help!

I don't know if it's the same car in the google street view maps but it looks to be an old Acura Integra, like pre-90.

Hi, Does someone have a link to the press conference from the parents? I am looking online but can't find one.

IMO, we have all seen PCs where the parents were very upset and were guilty and some where they were seemingly cold and were innocent. I can't say how I would react in that situation, because I tend to freeze when I'm put in front of people where it's stressful and people think I'm indifferent, when really I feel frozen. On the other hand, the father could be upset at THE SITUATION they are in: kidnapping, accident, a cover-up, a family member involved, anything...that could illicit emotion for all the reasons we aren't aware of.

I do think the parents might have an idea of who took her, from threats from before, from a family member or something and that's why they kept their mouths shut for so long and why they aren't going back to the house.

There is also a lake at Reid Park and a small pond at Ft Lowell...none of the bodies of water are 10 ft deep, if that....also Agua Caliente in the northeast, kind of isolated but not hard to get too at all...

Kinda think the water thing is just covering all their bases...

I do not think ng is helping. I'm frankly po'd. I live here. So much tabloid.

I know, the basement.

Ok.. I'm just going to go ahead and state the few thoughts that have been on my mind since watching the presser.. The reason I have thus far been reluctant to do so is that IMO what I see while IMO does activate the hinky antennaes I truly still have nothing indicative of those opinions meaning the parents are in any way involved in Isa's disappearance.. My only reason for choosing to do so now is because maybe just maybe "it" is what is setting off many of the hinky meters .. Idk?.. But no matter what these are absolutely nothing more than my outsider opinions and views.. So it's weight is that of a grain of salt.

The dad, Sergio IMO appears very dramatic, if not overly dramatic and where some see this as his "acting" and that he is acting in order to conceal his/their guilt for having involvement of what's happened to Isa.. I personally however do not neccesarily feel the same/similar that the dad is "acting".. Moo this is who/how he is and his true mannerisms as well as dramatic flair.. This very much making even more sense when hearing that he is active in operatic performances... I believe these overly dramatic actions/reactions is frankly Sergio just being Sergio.. It wouldn't surprise me to hear from family or friends that Sergio is quite dramatic and charismatic in his every day life..

The disconnect between Husband and wife IMO is fairly obvious and I believe it's quite possible this disconnect isn't due to the trauma.. Nor necessarily is it due to guilt or blame of/toward one another.. Moo is its possible that this is just what the dynamic between these two has been for many years .. It's just a very strong vibe that I got from Sergio and I don't know quite how to word it without possibly causing a ruckus as that soooooo very much is NOT my intent all.. I'm only stating it again due to the fact that I believe this may be what others are sensing as off, disconnect, or hinky..

I just find it not out of the realm of possibilities that Sergio many not be interested in a romantic/intimate relationship with not only his wife, but possibly women in general.. Please no one throw tomatoes..

"if" that is possibly what I or we may be sensing IMO it still in no way whatsoever would be indicative of him or mom having a damn thing to do with Isa's disappearance.. And that's why I have kept it to myself in believing it to not be relevant to the case.. Again let me reiterate what is my objective for even voicing this opinion and that is I believe it is this that some are picking up on and raising the hinky meters.. But all in all this is nothing but little ol' me's opinion and not a damn bit more.. Just felt maybe others are picking up on it as well..

Moo..moo..moo..moo.. And more moo..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Another reason people might be picking up on some strain between Sergio and Becky is that their individual lives have been laid wide open and scrutinized by LE, FBI, family, friends, each other... No matter how innocent they each are, there were probably some raised eyebrows between the two of them. For instance: I thought you said you never talked to her/him anymore? I didn't know_____ had ever met the kids, why didn't you tell me? and I never knew they'd been to our house, when did this happen?.... and so on and on.

Seems to me they've been together long enough to have survived some rough spots together, and goodness knows those can leave trust issues pretty near the surface of things and plenty of scars.

Just thinking, and all jmo.

I feel for them if they aren't involved & your post is so true! Prayers for Isa! Thx Q xoxo!

Hi, Does someone have a link to the press conference from the parents? I am looking online but can't find one.

I can't link right now, but I found it when I looked up "Isabel Celis" on YouTube, and it was maybe the 4th video down called "raw footage" something, with the parents in the thumbnail.

The 'uncle' may be a step-brother on either side of the family. He is definitely a gringo.

And her maiden name (which I believe has been all of the news - I did no sleuthing of it) is not a hispanic surname.

The dogs that were barking in the alleyway, according to the neighbor, Alicia Stardevant. What do you make of her hearing voices? Is that area a common walkway? Or is it exclusive pretty much to those two homes?

PACHECO: It appears to be exclusive to these two homes. We are looking over that initial interview. And the detectives spoke with these neighbors within the early minutes of the investigation back on Saturday. And they did take a taped statement. We`re looking over that interview to see, is there anything that we may have missed in there. In that statement. And so far, no.

GRACE: Any idea who those men were?

PACHECO: Yes, at this point, we`re looking into that, Nancy. We`re certainly looking at that possibility going back over those statements and that questionnaire.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/26/ng.01.html

It sounds like LE knows who the men are.

Isabel's disappearance was just on German TV. Just a heads up that people everywhere care about her, even though we can't really help much from across the pond. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther