AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped

Have you seen the video? Doubtful the "uncle" is a first generation Hispanic. I don't know that he is Hispanic at all. And based on my experience, the parents seem solidly second generation to me. Lots of us second generation kids can speak Spanish but have zero problems with English.

You can see the uncle in video here, at around the 2:10 mark or so: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...r-old-girl-vanishes-from-tucson-arizona-home/

I didn't see any guy identified as the uncle in your link, except one non-LE guy who very briefly spoke a few words... is that the guy you mean? He doesn't look AT ALL hispanic to me. We must not be seeing the same video.
I watched a short clip several days ago of a hispanic guy who seemed to be speaking for the family, and I didn't get the impression he was LE, no uniform, but he may have been. Not the dad, I saw that interview too. The guy I saw seemed to be a little emotional, too, so I assumed he was family or close friend. I guess I'm just confused.
I know that some second generation hispanics speak very good English, but a lot of it depends on what language was spoken at home. If they speak primarily Spanish at home, then the kids will have a harder time learning English in school. These parents do not seem to be second-generation to me, their accents were strong, IMO.
All I was saying earlier is, in my experience, when people are bilingual, but the primary language is Spanish, they are mentally translating into English what they are thinking in Spanish, while trying to speak in one or the other at the same time. So it may be a little difficult to use the correct tense of a word. I'm told that English is one of the most difficult languages to learn and most Americans don't even speak it correctly.
But what do I know?

The guy that says something along the lines of "all of a sudden you wake up and you are in that situation" looks very much like the Uncle. JM. I personally think that is him, judging by photos I have seen of him.

snipped

Have you seen the video? Doubtful the "uncle" is a first generation Hispanic. I don't know that he is Hispanic at all. And based on my experience, the parents seem solidly second generation to me. Lots of us second generation kids can speak Spanish but have zero problems with English.

You can see the uncle in video here, at around the 2:10 mark or so: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...r-old-girl-vanishes-from-tucson-arizona-home/

I didn't see any guy identified as the uncle in your link, except one non-LE guy who very briefly spoke a few words... is that the guy you mean? He doesn't look AT ALL hispanic to me. We must not be seeing the same video.
I watched a short clip several days ago of a hispanic guy who seemed to be speaking for the family, and I didn't get the impression he was LE, no uniform, but he may have been. Not the dad, I saw that interview too. The guy I saw seemed to be a little emotional, too, so I assumed he was family or close friend. I guess I'm just confused.
I know that some second generation hispanics speak very good English, but a lot of it depends on what language was spoken at home. If they speak primarily Spanish at home, then the kids will have a harder time learning English in school. These parents do not seem to be second-generation to me, their accents were strong, IMO.
All I was saying earlier is, in my experience, when people are bilingual, but the primary language is Spanish, they are mentally translating into English what they are thinking in Spanish, while trying to speak in one or the other at the same time. So it may be a little difficult to use the correct tense of a word. I'm told that English is one of the most difficult languages to learn and most Americans don't even speak it correctly.
But what do I know?

From what I understand there was vigil on Saturday night at the ballpark for Isa and the family did not attend. That person was reading a statement to let the people there know why the family wasn't there. jmo

I can see that could be intrepreted as talking as if she were gone, but I think it is just bad use of the tenses. At least I hope so. ty

Could be. Poor guy could have absolutely zilch to do with Isabel's disappearance.

But I do get the interest.

Mexico Authorities Also Searching for Isabel

The search for a 6-year-old Arizona girl who disappeared from her family's home has extended to Mexico, authorities said Friday.

U.S. Marshals have been in touch with Mexican law-enforcement officials who are checking hotels, bus terminals and other businesses as they help look for Isabel Mercedes Celis, according to Tucson police. A photo of the first-grader is being circulated in Mexico as well.

Police began looking at the possibility that Isabel could have been taken there because of Tucson's close proximity to the border, Lt. Fabian Pacheco said.

Snipped: http://www.azcentral.com/12news/new...s-look-tucson-missing-girl.html#ixzz1tMocNtsY

The location of his business originally appeared to give an "obstructed view" of the FRONT of the Celis' home. The assumption was based on thinking his business was the end of the group nearest the road, when it is actually several doors down from the corner. Therefore, the 2-story building in between the two is WAY off to the right of the camera;s field of view. He DOES have a clear shot of the Celis' front door and driveway.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/is-surveil...-missing-girl-investigation-/#!prettyPhoto/0/

hmmn, maybe, but I did not hear Moore ever say he had an unobstructed view or a direct shot of the house.

I have also not seen a clear shot of the Celis Front door much less driveway on the far west of the house, or any shot that includes the Celis house at all from Moore. Can anyone show me this surveilance video of the front of the Celis house? It's not in the KVOA video.

Instead, I see the surveilance video with two views from cameras on the back of Moore. Here are the two views provided in the KOVA story; they only show the house right behind Moore, which is NOT the Celis home.

MooreStillOne.png

and
Moorestilltwo.png

My thoughts weren't necessarily regarding illegal narcotics. Becky Celis is a nurse who likely has access to prescription narcotics at TMC. Having been involved in dance and theatre, I know that there is a lot of alcohol and drug use, illicit sexual activity, etc. associated with performing artists. It's possible that Sergio Celis comes in contact with unsavory characters through the local opera company. I'm not suggesting that the parents are involved in Isabel's disappearance; I'm simply pointing out a possibility based on personal experience. :moo:

Has anyone verified that Sergio indeed sings with a local opera company? I have a friend in Tucson that sings Opera with the Tucson Symphony and smaller performances. I emailed her and first of all, she has never heard of him, and secondly had no idea that he was the father of the little missing girl. Her husband has been in the music/symphony/opera community in Tucson for as long as I've known them (36 years) and you would think they would have at least heard of him.

It came to mind last night, when some people were having trouble seeing the figure, that some people's monitors may be adjusted too bright.

But, again, there have been links indicating that LE wants to talk to the 5 people and has talked to everyone else who may be in the video. Does that indicate the luring figure is a red herring?

I'm not sure what to think about this figure, since LE has been very tight lipped with information regarding this case. They very well may have identified and spoken with this figure, perhaps he is an employee of Office Max or part of a cleaning crew that comes in late night/early morning hours? MOO Nonetheless, I do think it's an interesting find.

Has anyone verified that Sergio indeed sings with a local opera company? I have a friend in Tucson that sings Opera with the Tucson Symphony and smaller performances. I emailed her and first of all, she has never heard of him, and secondly had no idea that he was the father of the little missing girl. Her husband has been in the music/symphony/opera community in Tucson for as long as I've known them (36 years) and you would think they would have at least heard of him.

He is an opera singer, however, I don't know if he's active. According to this site, his last performance was in 2002.

http://www.azopera.com/performances.php?opera=castbios&subpage=sergio_david_celis

They arent saying everything, no way they look in to Mexico just because Tucson is close, thats like looking for a needle in a haystack, if they are indeed looking at Mexico then they have reason to believe there is a legitimate connection and that being the case this opens up a whole new can of worms and it is not good news for the parents, it could very well indicate some sort of involvement with some very shady people.

Speaking of Sergio being in the opera, maybe he is still active because I just found this..

Members of the Arizona Opera chorus will perform a benefit concert for the family of Isabel Celis on Sunday, April 29th at 7:30 pm. at Chaparral Christian Church, 6451 E. Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale AZ 85254.

Isabel's father, Sergio Celis, is a longtime Arizona Opera chorister, and his Arizona Opera chorus family want to raise funds for the support of Sergio and his family as they continue the search for their daughter. The concert will include choral and operatic selections by Bach, Copland, Mozart, Puccini, Verdi, and more. The concert is free to the public, and all donations will go to the Tucson Medical Center Foundation, Isabel Mercedes Celis Fund. Wear purple to show support for the Celis family and finding Isabel.

Snipped: http://www.examiner.com/article/voices-of-hope-isabel-celis-benefit-concert-sunday-april-29

I can't stop thinking about Bethany Marshall talking about what an FBI Behavior Analyst's involvement would be for. She said it's to determine the dynamics of the home: is the child valued, are there toys (including those for future use at an older age) for the girl, is she deemed valuable to the family, etc.? I can't stop thinking about the reference to Isabel sharing a room with 2 brothers. That's NOT normal to me, especially if she's put in the boys' room to make room for another person to stay in the home. Putting her in with 2 boys (14 and 10) doesn't seem as though she's being treated as "valued."

And yes, the father is involved in the boys' games, to the point of coaching the team(s?). But does he value the daughter? Does he value the wife? Are women deemed valuable to the father? He's 52, the wife is 35. That's interesting to me, also. Is the wife subservient? Is that their dynamic?

The father seemed forcibly false IMO when he was speaking. His words were bizarre and awkward, and his tone/pitch started getting higher as though desperate. But it rang completely false - the rise in pitch seemed like acting. And the mother seemed truly afraid. And I can understand her having fear: 1) her daughter is missing, and 2) she's speaking into microphones in front of the media (frankly, if my daughter was missing, I think my fear of public speaking might fall to the wayside, but who knows?). She is clearly reading. Is it what the FATHER prepared and told (forced?) her to say? Is she fearful she might say it wrong and suffer repercussions?

Those are my gut reactions. I fear Isabel was sold as payoff or in trade of drugs (cocaine) for the father's use/habit. I have no facts to back this up, just gut. I don't know any statistics, but I suspect that children who are sold into sex trafficking are long gone into underground networks and never seen again. And I think LE, including the FBI, has a strong suspicion of this.

I fear that Isabel is alive and living under the worst possible circumstances. I am not religious but I pray for this child, her mother and siblings. I surely hope I am wrong.

Where are people coming up with Dad's age? I have seen it range from 38-52 here...just wondering...

Above portion of boodles post BBM for specificity .. I too strongly question the age of dad being that of 52 years of age.. could someone possibly clarify whatis dad, Sergio's factual age? ... TiA.

Because I have both seen on video as well as read In articles(tho I tend to stick with the visual as more accurate confirmation) close family friends state that they have been together since they were teens and that Becky and Sergio are actually high school sweethearts....and IMO those details do NOT jive with Sergio being 52 years old :waitasec: ...jmo, tho!

When I heard the Celis' home was near bars, the first thing I thought was public urination. If the bars near their home don't have parking lots (inner city issues), the patrons park in other store lots and they urinate everywhere on the way back to their cars. Patrons also "bar crawl" to and from other bars in the area and urinate along their paths. Maybe the mystery person is just urinating?

My church sits in a small area with bars/restaurants (like the Celis' home). One must avoid numerous urine spots after Friday and Saturday nights and Steeler's or Penguin's games. :(

I don't know if this has been brought up either. The Celis home is off Broadway and Craycroft. Craycroft ends less than a miles south at Golf Links Rd at the entrance to Davis Monthan AFB. No matter how early in the morning in that area there was always traffic due to the base entrance being there. Just an observation.

Above portion of boodles post BBM for specificity .. I too strongly question the age of dad being that of 52 years of age.. could someone possibly clarify whatis dad, Sergio's factual age? ... TiA.

Because I have both seen on video as well as read In articles(tho I tend to stick with the visual as more accurate confirmation) close family friends state that they have been together since they were teens and that Becky and Sergio are actually high school sweethearts....and IMO those details do NOT jive with Sergio being 52 years old :waitasec: ...jmo, tho!

Da was born in 1970, making him 42 this year, December from memory. Another poster has seen his birth cerificate.

Has there been a presser yet today? (edited)I see people just posted the link thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare