AZ AZ - Jason Saul, 17, Bullhead City, 15 Aug 1997

I looked for Kenford on Facebook and couldn’t find him. Which is understandable, because he’s been dead for twelve years. He died on December 5, 2000, aged twenty-one.

I wonder what happened. I can’t find any articles about his death, whether it was an accident, suicide, maybe some tragic illness. He was so young.

Did he die?

Yes, the other boy who was with Jason in the desert died 3 years later. We still don't know how he died, though. I would say that it was a car accident, seeing as he has had a history of automobile accidents.

The deserts in the West sound brutal, although I would like to get a feeling of exactly what the temperatures were like in the desert at the time this all happened.

All of this evidence doesn't suggest he left of his own accord or met with foul play, so the fact that they stopped the search in the desert the DAY after his disappearance, which is when it seems as if rescue would be the most crucial, opened up a full-blown police investigation (rather than a rescue effort) and began listing him as a runaway is quite disconcerting, to say the least. I wonder, what, exactly, the police found to make them stop the search in the desert, because it really doesn't make ANY sense to me.

It's been about 3 months since I've been on this thread. I want this to all get cleared up so badly. Ever since I started this thread almost 2 years ago, this case has stayed exactly the same. Even Cali Doe was just identified last month. I'm just some person with a laptop, but I have seen unidentified remains cases where we had more of an idea who the person was than in this case and this child actually has a name. We don't even know who this child is. We also don't know what, exactly, happened to him, and the LE in the Arizona seems have more of a clue than us, but it seems as if nobody knows for sure what happened about 20 years ago in that desert. Here's hoping for new interest in this case.

"Personally I'm pretty sure though he never made it out of the desert..."

We need to know more about Kenford Farley and this part of the story.
Why did they split up??

or where? like even a milepost marker would have helped when KF got to town.

or where? like even a milepost marker would have helped when KF got to town.

I think it was when they were near the exit of the desert, as if they could see the other side, which might explain why this case has a lot of different classifications (runaway, foul play possible, and lost-injured missing).

Since we know very little about this case it's very hard to tell where they were and what exactly happened.

But my biggest problem with this case is that we don't know what led law enforcement to believe that he ran away when as far as we know, there's no evidence that he did so, although, again, all we know about this person is that they exist and that they went missing.

I looked at unidentified victims from AZ, UT, CA, and even Mexico, but none of them match the description of this child.

This case is as cold as a popsicle, and it's very depressing.

So true. And...where are his parents? Anyone that used to care about him and didn't forget about this boy?

I think that there might have been some blips on the radar after he was last seen that led police/parents to have an idea of where he might be, with the strange searches away from the location of disappearance and the lack of information in this case. It seems as if LE thinks that the desert is the least possible thing that could have happened to him for some reason. They could, also, be not publicly releasing information about this case because they have an active investigation, but seeing as this has been going on for almost 2 decades, I doubt it. As for the pictures and the lack of information, I think there is a chance the original case file was lost. I also think that if he really did leave of his own accord, there is a chance he might have taken photo albums and pictures with him, but this was not reported in the original and only newspaper article that we have.

Apparently, Jason was living with "relatives" at the time of his disappearances and was missed almost immediately. We don't know if this was his mother, his father, or what, but this seems as if he had a home and friends and family that care about him, which makes everything even more confusing in this case...

Hi, I am not able to really be on this site on a regular basis anymore. It has been 18 years since Jason went missing, so people have known where he is for less time than they haven't. It seems as it is presumed he died in the desert, but there are very few details (and the ones we have don't flow together very well), so I am not sure at all what could have happened here. I think maybe there were sightings of him very shortly after August 15 of 1997 or something else that could have led law enforcement to take a different course of action.

Missing for 20 years.

I have never heard this story. I use to go down to bullhead back in the 90's. I have been out in the desert riding and shooting in the years before 97. i am thinking they were out near oatman. One thing i remember is lots of abandoned mines. some are just big holes in the ground. when i saw your bump, i tried to find this story in the news, other than a linked story from lake havasu. I cannot fine any story after that first one. Isn't that strange? Even in that story, it says the search was called off until they have new info? When would you call off a search of a person reportedly lost in the desert after the first day? So a van was stuck in the sand. That is very believable. The sand there can be very soft, and getting stuck if not careful is not unusual. But why would they split up. They said he was last seen at 5 am. So we can assume they were looking for crystals during daylight, but got stuck. How many hours did they walk before 5 am? What are the circumstances of their separation. This story is so full of holes. I searched that newspaper and the other two local newspapers and cannot fine a mention of it. I know the friend passed away in 2000 and we don't know how, but this story is fishy. Maybe if we can revise this story one of the talented sleuths can find something important.

My name is Anne, I am Jason's step sister, when I first met Jaycee he was 5 yrs old and the best little kid you could ever imagine. The "noble" part of his is name/dentity is my fault...my dad used to tease him about "being noble" all the time, I thought that this was his middle name though I was wrong. About 20 years ago, I was looking Into an update and inadvertently corrected a blogger who's site is no longer available the fact that "noble" was his middle name and it stuck as there is very little information to be found about jaycee. With that being said I would like to clear up some very valid questions/assumptions about jason. First of all, as some speculated, there Was a fire, that's why there are no more recent pictures of Jason. When my little half brother (as my dad had two other children with this woman "Jason's mother") was 5 almost 6, he accidentally started a fire with his mother's matches (yes matches) the whole house burned to the ground, it was a house that the catholic dioceses provided to my siblings and their mother after my father died. The fire was encompassing of everything they owned. Further, Jaycee's mother did not report him as "a missing person" right away as she was collecting social security benefits on him as a dependant of my father's death benifits at the time and she could not capitalize on those "said" benefits if he (jason) was presumed dead. (She was absolute piece of work). She did not report him to the missing children's network until way afterwords when there was nothing for her to lose. As for his body and location of such, yes there was a drug "reference/inference to the reason why he was killed. "Looking for crystals" is a little jaded as I'm sure they were doing drugs of some kind in the desert, also the Nevada side of the desert is totally in question (as a blogger stated they thought they were in oatman az (I think he/she is correct). I got two different scenarios from his mother about the "where's and whys"of how this all "may or may not have" happened (over the years). She has been dead for 10 years now (Karen lee Saul Trombley). I want to find my brother's body, I want to end all the questions and bring him home "somewhere/anywhere", preferably here in Texas to someone who loved him dearly. Thank you for your time, Anne

My name is Anne, I am Jason's step sister, when I first met Jaycee he was 5 yrs old and the best little kid you could ever imagine. The "noble" part of his is name/dentity is my fault...my dad used to tease him about "being noble" all the time, I thought that this was his middle name though I was wrong. About 20 years ago, I was looking Into an update and inadvertently corrected a blogger who's site is no longer available the fact that "noble" was his middle name and it stuck as there is very little information to be found about jaycee. With that being said I would like to clear up some very valid questions/assumptions about jason. First of all, as some speculated, there Was a fire, that's why there are no more recent pictures of Jason. When my little half brother (as my dad had two other children with this woman "Jason's mother") was 5 almost 6, he accidentally started a fire with his mother's matches (yes matches) the whole house burned to the ground, it was a house that the catholic dioceses provided to my siblings and their mother after my father died. The fire was encompassing of everything they owned. Further, Jaycee's mother did not report him as "a missing person" right away as she was collecting social security benefits on him as a dependant of my father's death benifits at the time and she could not capitalize on those "said" benefits if he (jason) was presumed dead. (She was absolute piece of work). She did not report him to the missing children's network until way afterwords when there was nothing for her to lose. As for his body and location of such, yes there was a drug "reference/inference to the reason why he was killed. "Looking for crystals" is a little jaded as I'm sure they were doing drugs of some kind in the desert, also the Nevada side of the desert is totally in question (as a blogger stated they thought they were in oatman az (I think he/she is correct). I got two different scenarios from his mother about the "where's and whys"of how this all "may or may not have" happened (over the years). She has been dead for 10 years now (Karen lee Saul Trombley). I want to find my brother's body, I want to end all the questions and bring him home "somewhere/anywhere", preferably here in Texas to someone who loved him dearly. Thank you for your time, Anne

Hi Anne, thank you for joining us here, my heart breaks for you and I hope you find answers <3

Thank you so much, you are the person I wanted to see my post the most, you have been relentless in keeping Jason in the "hear and now" and I want to thank you for never stopping "to ask" why and how. That means the world to us. And I want the thank the owner(s) of this site who's platform creation has lent a voice to so many missing and unresolved people. Respectfully, Anne

I looked for Kenford on Facebook and couldn&#8217;t find him. Which is understandable, because he&#8217;s been dead for twelve years. He died on December 5, 2000, aged twenty-one.

I wonder what happened. I can&#8217;t find any articles about his death, whether it was an accident, suicide, maybe some tragic illness. He was so young.

Did he die?
Oh he's dead alright, he was straight up murdered. I aread an article about 16 years ago looking for an update on jason and stumbled into a "read" that state's the FBI went to re-question him for info on the (now) cold case and they discovered that he had been murdered. So "cold case colder" I cannot find that article anywhere now, maybe somebody can utilize the "way back machine" to find it, I am to old for the tech stuff now. Seems like everybody's dead now.

Wow, I am at a complete loss for words. Welcome, Anne, to Websleuths; I only wish it were on a better occasion. Your stepbrother sounds like he has had an unimaginably difficult life, and you do, as well.

I learned about this case six years ago and it's always been extremely unsettling to me. Even though there was not a lot information about this case at all until the newspaper article was located when this thread was created, there were just enough details that made me absolutely lose my mind over this case. The few details that we worked with in years past didn't make sense at all, in hindsight. There was always a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that this case had nothing to do with any desert, and that the police was aware of this, which makes sense, considering the desert search was suspended so early on and was replaced by a full-on police investigation (and later even an FBI investigation!).

Now that we have some insight into the case thanks to a very helpful family member, I have to say that the reality of Jason's disappearance is even more shocking and disturbing than I ever imagined.

I'm pretty sure that due to his lifestyle, he could have met with foul play at the hands of someone else, but the whole issue of receiving benefits after the disappearance is really, really disturbing; we've seen too many cases where this has happened (almost always with children or the elderly) and it usually means nothing good for the missing person. How long did it take for Jason to be reported missing "for real"? He was almost an adult, so I'm thinking no more than 9 or so months, but that's still definitely too long of a delay. Also, when you say Mother gave "several different scenarios", do you mean theories that she has thought of or conflicting accounts of what might have happened to Jason?

Forgive any typos or awkward language. I'm still absolutely stunned that this is actually happening. It looks like we sure have opened up Pandora's box with this case, but I am so glad that Jason is getting the publicity he needs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back